Deleted
    Cool, it does exist only need helm from him now.

I decided to buy the Rogue pack a month ago(Because I wanted to play her in the 90s costume, that's the version of rogue I like the most. I really like her voice actor), and have been re-playing the game on and off since then. My main goal was to get enough splinters to get a team up (That wasn't groot, not a fan of him), and I finally hit the 400 splinter mark 2 days ago. Got Magick. Would have prefered She-Hulk or the female Spider-man in the black suit, but...I think I'm at burn out point again.

Leveling just seems to take so long. Grinding mobs for exp seems worthless, they give so little even at level appropriate areas. I've tried doing legendary quests and even doing the shared quests for one shots or mid town/industry city. Legendary quests aren't too long, but now they don't give THAT much exp and it seems like I'd have to do 3 or 4 to level...if I'm lucky.

The shared quests take AGGGEESSSS, and I find that I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 level ups for a 1 or 2 hour session. Alot of the gear that drops seems worthless and there's so many stats it can be hard to tell sometimes if something is really an upgrade or not. (I usually go by defense or attack and just ignore most of the other stuff, save for quality/color. I'm leveling, I expect to replace my gear all the time, ya know?)

For a game that seems to be about having a ton of heroes available to play and expecting you to play quite a few (Given that system that gives boosts the more heroes you level) once you get past the inital story clear, it just feels like levelling is too slow, especially when the game expects so much replay of already cleared content.

On the plus side, I actually like how many achievements were added, and I did have a fair bit of fun going around getting as many easy achievements as I could. I like that each hero has a big stack of achievements unique to them.

For me personally, I get bored by the repeat content way to quickly to farm bosses or level multiple characters to 60, but for that enjoy it, it's a good addition.

I think I'm done with dropping cash on this game (I can't think of any other Marvel heroes I really like enough to want to purchase...MAYBE Blade...or some other Tomb of Dracula characters like Frank Drake), and I have a feeling the levelling means I'll never get a character to end game, but I'd probably check it out again if a new storyline chapter or some major content was added.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2015-05-24 at 06:21 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I decided to buy the Rogue pack a month ago(Because I wanted to play her in the 90s costume, that's the version of rogue I like the most. I really like her voice actor), and have been re-playing the game on and off since then. My main goal was to get enough splinters to get a team up (That wasn't groot, not a fan of him), and I finally hit the 400 splinter mark 2 days ago. Got Magick. Would have prefered She-Hulk or the female Spider-man in the black suit, but...I think I'm at burn out point again.

Leveling just seems to take so long. Grinding mobs for exp seems worthless, they give so little even at level appropriate areas. I've tried doing legendary quests and even doing the shared quests for one shots or mid town/industry city. Legendary quests aren't too long, but now they don't give THAT much exp and it seems like I'd have to do 3 or 4 to level...if I'm lucky.

The shared quests take AGGGEESSSS, and I find that I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 level ups for a 1 or 2 hour session. Alot of the gear that drops seems worthless and there's so many stats it can be hard to tell sometimes if something is really an upgrade or not. (I usually go by defense or attack and just ignore most of the other stuff, save for quality/color. I'm leveling, I expect to replace my gear all the time, ya know?)

For a game that seems to be about having a ton of heroes available to play and expecting you to play quite a few (Given that system that gives boosts the more heroes you level) once you get past the inital story clear, it just feels like levelling is too slow, especially when the game expects so much replay of already cleared content.

On the plus side, I actually like how many achievements were added, and I did have a fair bit of fun going around getting as many easy achievements as I could. I like that each hero has a big stack of achievements unique to them.

For me personally, I get bored by the repeat content way to quickly to farm bosses or level multiple characters to 60, but for that enjoy it, it's a good addition.

I think I'm done with dropping cash on this game (I can't think of any other Marvel heroes I really like enough to want to purchase...MAYBE Blade...or some other Tomb of Dracula characters like Frank Drake), and I have a feeling the levelling means I'll never get a character to end game, but I'd probably check it out again if a new storyline chapter or some major content was added.
    Story mode is definitely not the quickest way to level. I personally reroll all legendary quests into either MM or ICP (challenges) and swap between them as the quests guide me there. This is quite costly (reserve at least 300K for rerolls), so you could opt to do terminals as well, which I think is even much faster than just MM and ICP, but I can't be arsed.

The first character is definitely horribly slow to level. Use some cube shards to get (random) xp pots and use them between level 50 to 60 on your first ~3 characters. You will notice a significant increase in leveling speeds.

Other than that, yeah, MH is a grinder and takes some mental stamina on your first few heroes.

I was lucky in doing Iron Man as my first since the Avengers chars get a flat 50% XP buff, so that made it quicker. Hit 60 last night, now starting Invisible Woman(random Hero unlock).

when the game came out i leveled wolvie...since thenonly playing him and prestiged him to cosmic never done anything else then XP now that i am level 60 cosmic i am kinda bored dont even know where to start to get raid ready :P

Deleted
    If you have lvl60 gear and a legendary you're fine for green mus.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    If you have lvl60 gear and a legendary you're fine for green mus.
    I need to stop being lazy and do that one. I know I have Legendaries on a few and all uniques. Though Widow is my best geared as first slot is 69, second slot 66, the remaining 3 are 63's, have unique ring along with the higher end artifacts on her and Power Cosmic with 3k Omegas.

No need to fear green mus at all. Having a lvled legendary and your 4 artifacts blessed and all 63s is more then enough(its what people ask in lfg).
    Fast way to get 150 hero coms.(and getting hero cap for the week)

Red mus is harder, but there are supergroups helping first time red raiders getting the feel of it(you dont need to be in the supergroup). Just visit the marvel raid forums. Info is there.

If you want to know if you are raid for all the raids here is a benchmark.(copy fast from a post matzegw made in the raidsection)

=> benchmarks you should meet:

no lags (for any raid if possible - though greens are that easy you'll still make it)

sub 18 sec ttk (= time to kill) on the mid dummy on the left side of the trainings room without using your ultimate power = green raid ready

sub 1 min 40 sec ttk (= time to kill) on the top dummy on the left side of the trainings room without using your ultimate power = red raid ready

sub 50 sec ttk (= time to kill) on the top dummy on the left side of the trainings room without using your ultimate power = green Axis raid ready

Additionally for the first encounter of the Axis raid you'll need a certain amount of survivability. That's it.

=> You just need a good supergroup or a good amount of friends you can raid with on a regular basis... (if you don't care for that it's just based on plane luck who might be in your raid from lfg - the only way to influence that is leading that raid).
    Last edited by padie; 2015-05-26 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    sub 18 sec ttk (= time to kill) on the mid dummy on the left side of the trainings room without using your ultimate power = green raid ready
    Yeah, my Widow with 4 blessed artifacts, Power Cosmic, Doop on Uru and 69 Slot 1, 66 Slot 2/3, 63 Slot 4/5 I can get that dummy down in about 12 seconds. Probably less if I wanted to.

Midtown Monday was very good to me. Ground like a mad bastard and got Invisible Woman to 60. I agree with Fencers, she's pretty damn solid. Unlocked Psylocke on my next random, time to fiddle with her and see what I can come up with. Like the sound of a range-focused build, have to see how quick I can get it viable. Also got my crafter up to the point I can start dumping uniques to get credit chests and power the rest of the vendors. Which was good cos I had like 35 uniques from my grindfest to dump.

^

Psylocke is great IMO. Easily my best TTK character. I don't use her as ranged though, all melee (but as mental damage, using the toggle).

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Midtown Monday was very good to me. Ground like a mad bastard and got Invisible Woman to 60. I agree with Fencers, she's pretty damn solid. Unlocked Psylocke on my next random, time to fiddle with her and see what I can come up with. Like the sound of a range-focused build, have to see how quick I can get it viable. Also got my crafter up to the point I can start dumping uniques to get credit chests and power the rest of the vendors. Which was good cos I had like 35 uniques from my grindfest to dump.
    Yeah, Midtown Madness was pretty good, especially during the Odin's event. Prestiged Purple and Orange Black Widow (started at 60 Blue), then leveled Magneto 50-60, Star Lord/Gambit 30-45 before I got tired.

Yeah, the unique 500k chests are nice. I remember doing it the long way and manually donated stuff. At one point I had so much credits I bought a bunch of medkits and was doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    ^

Psylocke is great IMO. Easily my best TTK character. I don't use her as ranged though, all melee (but as mental damage, using the toggle).
    She's ranged too? Show's how much I was paying attention while leveling her to 50. Friend of mine wanted to play her, but wanted a ranged character and told him she didn't. Now I have to go and tell him she is. ><

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

She's ranged too? Show's how much I was paying attention while leveling her to 50. Friend of mine wanted to play her, but wanted a ranged character and told him she didn't. Now I have to go and tell him she is. ><
    her telepathy tree is almost all ranged

plus she has a couple of psionic constructs that are ranged
    Last edited by Valeron; 2015-05-26 at 06:56 PM.

Went ahead and just bought Scarlet Witch to fiddle with cos she's cheap and I keep reading she's pretty badass now after her 52 Review. And Invisible Woman...wow. She makes Cosmic Terminals a joke, even with the modest gear I have(4 lvl 60 uniques, 1 lvl 55 unique, epic Doctor Doom medallion, bunch of random artifacts that give +1 to powers and a sub-60 Midtown ring). Went ahead and bought her a Legendary, started leveling it.

Just finished Wolverine so two heroes down two more to go, but I'll probably level more than just two more....Debating between Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Venom, Cap, Thor, hawkeye, or storm...Also have thing but I'll wait for his review before leveling him.

I know SW, Cap, and Venom are all top tier right now but I believe Venom and SW are getting nerfed a little bit(although that won't have anything to do with me playing them). Just wondering who is the most fun out of that bunch to you guys. May play them all to level 10..see who i liked the most.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Just finished Wolverine so two heroes down two more to go, but I'll probably level more than just two more....Debating between Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Venom, Cap, Thor, hawkeye, or storm...Also have thing but I'll wait for his review before leveling him.

I know SW, Cap, and Venom are all top tier right now but I believe Venom and SW are getting nerfed a little bit(although that won't have anything to do with me playing them). Just wondering who is the most fun out of that bunch to you guys. May play them all to level 10..see who i liked the most.

I would say Hulk is up there among the top and heard others say the same.

As for Venom and Scarlet Witch, yes and no.

Scarlet Witch is mainly OP because of the Omega talent Legion. Her signature can proc all 10 at once so by the time it's all said and done you've gained:

• +20 Fighting
      • 3% base damage --> 60% Base Damage
      • Approximately 102 Brut Hit Rating --> 2040 (1148 Rating gives me 20.1% to give an idea before DR)
      • Approximately 180 Brut Damage Rating -> 3600 (1980 puts me at 351% normal damage)
    • +20 Energy
      • 4% Base Mental Damage -> 80% Base Mental Damage
      • -1% Mental Spirit Costs -> -20% Mental Spirit Costs
    • +10% Base Mental Damage
    • +10% Brutal Strike Rating
    • +10% Crit Hit Rating

So yeah you end up with +60% Base Damage overall +80% Base Mental +10% Base Mental. Not sure if it's addictive or multiplicative, but either way you get the idea. Having all 10 procs up at once and near 100% is pretty dangerous.

Venom himself is getting his talents fixed as they have been bugging for the longest time where one talent regenerates health and other talents double activate it so it's doing twice the healing it should be. Or at least that's how a dev described it.

Probably a stupid question, besides the starter heroes can you tryout any of the other heroes before you buy them? I did the Raft with several of the starters, some I enjoy and some I didn't even finish. Currently playing Rocket Raccoon and the next hero I would like to play is Deadpool but I don't want to buy him and then find out I don't like his play style.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

So I am roughly 3 weeks in and I have leveled Thor, Cyclops, and Psylocke to 60 and I am currently working on Ghost Rider. Any recommendations for the next hero, or should I start focusing on gearing up? I liked all four of the mentioned heroes and their play styles, but I have primarily gravitated toward their more ranged abilities so I might have a fixation on ranged combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Scarlet Witch is mainly OP because of the Omega talent Legion. Her signature can proc all 10 at once so by the time it's all said and done you've gained
    You can't get all 10 at once, it works on a priority with other proc sources coming before it.

Most go to +10 int with other procs cutting off the rest (there's pretty much no way to get all 10)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    So I am roughly 3 weeks in and I have leveled Thor, Cyclops, and Psylocke to 60 and I am currently working on Ghost Rider. Any recommendations for the next hero, or should I start focusing on gearing up?
    The best part about ARPGs is only you know what you enjoy and you are free to do whatever that is. Marvel heroes has a wide stable of classes, so it has an advantage in providing extensive gameplay prior to reaching the 'end'. If you want to keep leveling characters, go for it. If you just want to play one, then do that. Do whatever you want.
    BAD WOLF