10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Yeah, but how would i know who to search for xD? There are pretty many playable people, if you could tell me some it would be great help
    You prefer melee or ranged characters? Keep in mind most can be both , hybrid, etc

Barbarian was my favorite in D3, so anything like that would be nice
    But sometimes feel like that this game have very small packs and very spread out so maby a melee cleave woulden't work very much :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Got 5 level 60's so far, hulk.loki, silver surfer, storm and venom. Venom seems to be the strongest/ well rounded character.

I only have gameplay experience from lvling no max stuff only story missions

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I personally have not read it, but Carnage becomes a "Hero" in a very recent publication by Marvel called AXIS.
    That'd be enough then for their criteria I assume. I'm waiting till the trade paperback to get the AXIS story assuming I do get it as I still need to see if it's good first, and though I did kind of enjoy the first issue I'm in no rush to get individual issues, so I had no idea he'd had at least one turn as a "hero" in any capacity. That, mixed with the Spider-verse stuff going on and how Gazillion tends to bring things in that Marvel is also marketing/pushing (Loki as a surprise hero around the time Thor The Dark World was hitting theaters, for example)...it does now kinda makes sense that Carnage is making it into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barbarian was my favorite in D3, so anything like that would be nice
    But sometimes feel like that this game have very small packs and very spread out so maby a melee cleave woulden't work very much :/
    Thor with a melee build is alot similiar to Barbarian. He can also be ranged or hybrid. Lots of area effects, cones, chain lightning stuff, shouts etc. Venom also is a good character , similiar to Barbarian. Can soak up lots of damage, has tons of AoE attacks, very mobile, amazing animations. I have 14 heroes and he was the one i really felt could be considered "OP".

10+ Year Old Account
    Also while we are discussing marvel heroes what are xenomorphs from the alien films doing in the game? :S

Or maby i'm just trying to fix a problem that dosen't excist? Maby loki really is master race?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maby i'm just trying to fix a problem that dosen't excist? Maby loki really is master race?
    Loki is very good, and if you enjoy him why not play him?
    However one thing i found out while playing this , there is no such thing as having a main. Once you try something else, that impulse to level every hero you unlock kicks in.
    This game prays on my altitisis so much.

Btw your issue could be the content you do. Leveling via Story is tedious after a couple times, especially when you need to repeat the same story 3x in different difficulties. What i suggest doing is doing all the other activities which reward just as much if not more xp. The events the game usually does, Midtown Patrol/Industry City Patrol, Holo-Sim, X-Defense, Legendary Quests etc. All those break up the monotony and feel of grindiness. The game becomes a bit more sandboxy so to speak, where any activity you do contributes to your XP gains , which is alot less tedious than doing the linear story over and over again. Once you're max level you can blow through all the story in a couple of hours for the bonus stats, Potions etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Also while we are discussing marvel heroes what are xenomorphs from the alien films doing in the game? :S
    Actually, the N'Garai were a race of demons that were published first in a Marvel comic in 1975. Not at all suspicious a movie called Alien came in 1979 and it bear a striking resemblence to the marvel race.

Disclaimer: Had no idea which came first either, so glad these days we have wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%27Garai
    Last edited by Razael; 2015-01-30 at 02:42 PM.

How do you guys feel about them making Dr doom playable?
    I'm personally fine with it. I've been interested in playing Doom as long as his abilities are decent and fitting. Usually I'm not too picky on how they play as I try to level each to 60 and see how they are and then go from there on who I'll play more at 60.

I'm fine with it. As long as people want it i'm not too fussed about it. Dr Doom as been a Hero in some Marvel publications and thats what they go by when they release characters that are normally villains. I enjoyed leveling Venom immensily when it came out and already pre-ordered Winter Soldier =p
    See....I have this problem where I buy the Advance Packs (Got 1 and 2, plus each Team-Up pack) even though I haven't been able to play for a few months due to school. Though it's nice to login, have the hero sitting there so I can play him when I got a chance. I want to try and level Venom here soon, but I've been logging on and been slowly working on Emma Frost. Had her at 38 and want to at least get her to 50 and then work on 60 later. That way I have her 25 and 50 synergy unlocked. Debating on who I want to level after that. Which might be Venom, I think.

It's just something missing in this game imo.. I played and enjoyed Diablo 3 for many hours but dono why i don't get the same feel in marvel heroes.. Maby it's because it's too many characters to choose from and i feel overwhelmed.
    What i enjoyed most in D3 was to just cleave alot of mobs down in one go, but in marvel heroes i don't see anyone like that, feels like all basic attacks are just 1target, the one character i have enjoyed most so far is loki because he can fly, teleport and had bouncing bolts
    This is based on a lot of your talents then. There are several heroes that can blow up mobs with AoE. Just off the top of my head (vaguely remembering).

• Dr. Strange - has a crap load of AoE abilities -- He'll max out your hotbar and make you want more (so you'll have to use the fix on the forums)
    • Moon Knight - Has the same abilities as Loki, but way better. He can fly and has a bouncing abilities not to mention the damage output especially with crit and his Signature I belive can hit several mobs and honestly is probably one of the strongest signatures in the game
    • Cyclops - Has the bouncing attack. Before his revamp I know that's all you spam. Haven't played him since the revamp.
    • Deadpool - has some AoE, but is kind of weak and will be the last hero to receive his Level 52 review.
    • Emma Frost - Has some abilities, can't really gauge if they are weak or mid-range
    • Hawkeye - Has some AoE and was mid-range last I played him
    • Sue Storm - Has several AoE abilities, plus who doesn't like summoning 3 giant balls and have them bouncing around enemies?
    • Loki - As you mentioned has some AoE
    • Magneto - I believe has some, I could be wrong. Haven't played him yet
    • Rocket Racoon - Has some. I went summoner build so I have a bunch of turrents down, Groot beating the crap out of mobs, dropping some AoE blast
    • Silver Surfer -- Has some AoE abilities that were decent, one regened health another regened his spirit and his single target was pretty strong. Haven't touched it after they nerfed it, so not sure how decent it is now.
    • Rogue -- You can build her however you want. She basically can get powers from any mob or hero and you can pick and choose if you want an AoE spec only, Melee, Ranged, Mixed. However you want. (Probably best if you want to make an all AoE toon aside from Strange)
    • Iron Man - I went rocket build and had plenty of AoE

Those are the ones I know for sure. As I said a lot of it is how you choose talents. I think now they have it so you can play several or maybe all heroes to 10 and give them a test run. I have them all already so I can't see how they have it set up.

anyone excited about the team-up revamp? I've always felt they were an interesting concept but the actual implementation was lacking

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    anyone excited about the team-up revamp? I've always felt they were an interesting concept but the actual implementation was lacking
    Kinda. I've been pretty happy with it so far, but I don't have any characters at 60 so letting my team-up hero just chill and help me kill things all day has been nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Lucetia You should definately try Venom, he's amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always just use passives as team up >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I always just use passives as team up >.<
    I think most people do this. Which is why I'm hoping the revamp adds something more for having a team up out instead of just using them as a stat bonus

Yeah he's pretty good I just wish they had given him a better model. The Boss model looks much better imo with the classic costume like look and the player one is all stoop shouldered with a permanent gaping mouth. He's been my biggest disappointment in the game so far.

With class starting up again I haven't been able to play much lately. Any word on when Iceman is dropping? I'm so excited for him!

That's what I heard. Will probably play him next and see how he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    With class starting up again I haven't been able to play much lately. Any word on when Iceman is dropping? I'm so excited for him!
    I think he's after Winter Soldier (this month). I could be wrong since I haven't kept up much with it because of lack of time.

All I know is that if they don't title the blog post/whatever official announcement for his release, "The Iceman Cometh!" I am going to have to get in contact Brevik and tell him how extremely disappointed in him and his company I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as unbelievable as it sounds, it will probably drop after Winter Soldier. They said they wanted to release those 2 during the Winter. You know, so they can do all these amazing puns how we should play these "chilling" characters in spirit of the season.