Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    This really is an insane huge game tho.. each area MaP is soooo big xD
    I know the feel bro!
    http://i.imgur.com/2Uljbpe.jpg <--- savage lands

Deleted
    Holy crap
    Thread activity

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    With class starting up again I haven't been able to play much lately. Any word on when Iceman is dropping? I'm so excited for him!
    Winter Soldier this week (was delayed due to being changed alot on TC)
    Punisher review/qol next/week after
    Iceman after that (was slated for around 1st march before WS delay)
    Then I think it's either SW/Thing review

Insig changes/x-23 changes/raid dummy hp increase/captain america qol this week too
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2015-01-31 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Holy crap
    Thread activity

Well i asked a question.. then more questions so people jumped on the reply-wagon

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The combination of my interest level in Marvel comics and the beginning of D3 season 2 led me to download this game over the weekend. When did this game get so good? I don't understand how it is flying under the radar, but it's such a well designed game now. The amount of content, replayability, and progression stuffed into this arpg is astounding. The maps are fun, the heroes are great, and overall it's just excellent. I don't see myself putting this one down for a good while.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The combination of my interest level in Marvel comics and the beginning of D3 season 2 led me to download this game over the weekend. When did this game get so good? I don't understand how it is flying under the radar, but it's such a well designed game now. The amount of content, replayability, and progression stuffed into this arpg is astounding. The maps are fun, the heroes are great, and overall it's just excellent. I don't see myself putting this one down for a good while.
    Its not "flying under the radar" in any stretch of the imagination. Metacritic score since the rebranding to "2015" went up from 60's to mid 80's, good praises, keeps getting lots of articles and publicity in major MMO websites and the game just keeps growing in population and content.
    Not to mention they keep ironing out the kinks in their F2P, offering pretty much anything but alternative skins and xp/magic/rare find pots if you put the time into it. Its not even hard to do so, just from leveling each hero i get, i haven't actually purchased a hero since my 5th. I'm on 15 atm.
    Theres always an event going on, they consistently give out Heroes, Pets and Team Ups and actual content patches are much faster than any of the competitors.
    I'm playing Diablo 3 atm, mostly because my GF also re-started with Season 2 , so i'm joining her, but this game is pretty much my main distraction from conventional MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Its not "flying under the radar" in any stretch of the imagination.
    No one is talking about the game, who knows how many people are playing? It took 5 days to get a response on a post in this thread. I'm sorry, but that's flying under the radar to me because I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. Simply getting most improved awards doesn't mean lots of people know what's going on.

I think a lot more people should be playing the game because it is quality. I've only managed to get one hero to 50 (cyclops) which I only did for the XP bonus. Now I'm sitting on Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man to level. I heard Thor is strong now and I also have (her) enhanced costume so I guess I'll smash it out with her. As much as I want to get to 'end game' I really like playing lots of heroes.
    BAD WOLF

Decide I want to play again.
    Realize I must have uninstalled it at some point.
    Download it.
    34 patches to download.

Guess I'll play it tomorrow!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Decide I want to play again.
    Realize I must have uninstalled it at some point.
    Download it.
    34 patches to download.

Guess I'll play it tomorrow!
    Just coming back to Marvel Heroes aswell SO MANY PATCHES D:, Always played Deadpool at launch since.. well Deadpool is my favourite Marvel Character. I got him in the Xforce Founders pack.

From what I read though he is actually pretty weak nowadays

With my Xforce Bundle though I also have Wolvey/Colossus/Cable. Thinking I might go Cable first.

After watching and reading some stuff about MH2015 it looks like they have added and changed a LOT of things. Like synergies and Omega levels and such. Just how overwhelmed will I be stepping foot back in game after nearly 1.5 years lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Just how overwhelmed will I be stepping foot back in game after nearly 1.5 years lol?
    Seems like the only thing they have added is more content, more synergy, more account progression. It 'seems' overwhelming but it's really just something to look at once you need to. If you want to get in and smash faces for a bit it shouldn't be too difficult. As a brand new player I'm not having difficulty adjusting.
    BAD WOLF

Just coming back to Marvel Heroes aswell SO MANY PATCHES D:, Always played Deadpool at launch since.. well Deadpool is my favourite Marvel Character. I got him in the Xforce Founders pack.

With my Xforce Bundle though I also have Wolvey/Colossus/Cable. Thinking I might go Cable first.

After watching and reading some stuff about MH2015 it looks like they have added and changed a LOT of things. Like synergies and Omega levels and such. Just how overwhelmed will I be stepping foot back in game after nearly 1.5 years lol?
    I played at launch and got Thing to max level and started working on another character, but I can't remember which. Storm... Maybe?

I didn't spend any money on it, but I'm thinking about buying a few characters now. I have my eyes on Gambit, Nightcrawler, Ghost Rider, Rocket Raccoon, Rogue, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl and Venom.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is talking about the game, who knows how many people are playing? It took 5 days to get a response on a post in this thread. I'm sorry, but that's flying under the radar to me because I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. Simply getting most improved awards doesn't mean lots of people know what's going on.
    Since when is thread activity in a forum of a WoW fansite a tool for checking how a game is or isn't flying under the radar? Minecraft has its own dedicated forum and is one of the worlds most popular games and the last post was 3 days ago.
    There are often times when SWTOR/Rift forums don't get a post for days.
    Marvel Heroes players post on the official site forums because devs post daily there with answers to questions , teasers etc.
    Last edited by Razael; 2015-02-23 at 07:00 PM.

Marvel Heroes players post on the official site forums because devs post daily there with answers to questions , teasers etc.
    The MH official forums are some of the best I've seen in all of video games due to how much the developers interact there

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when is thread activity in a forum of a WoW fansite a tool for checking how a game is or isn't flying under the radar? Minecraft has its own dedicated forum and is one of the worlds most popular games and the last post was 3 days ago.
    There are often times when SWTOR/Rift forums don't get a post for days.
    I actually had a look at the official site and it's similarly less active compared to games with more interest. For all intents and purposes it seems like not a lot of people are talking about the game. But hey, you could focus on all the good things I'm saying about the game instead of trying to win an imaginary contest you created. Evidence suggests less people are talking about the game and less people are writing about it. This means less people know what's going on with it.

It's a good game that I feel deserves more consideration, communication, and players. That is what flying under the radar means. FFS, only on MMO-C can someone bring a nonactive thread to life discussing a game they enjoy and be responded with someone trying to prove them wrong about something, defend a game that isn't being attacked, and general make a mess of things. It's no wonder people don't want to talk about anything on here.
    BAD WOLF

It has a lot of content but it's not well designed by any means. Most heroes are unplayable (whether nonviable at high levels or literally mechanically broken or play like a terrible NES game while leveling up). The tech supporting the game is poorly written and there are random bugs everywhere. The game is entirely inaccessible because you don't really know what powers do without reading an in-depth website guide over the simple ingame tooltip. Finally, it suffers from extreme power creep through new item types and item slots at a fairly frequent pace (think at least bi-yearly D3 ancient item features)

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the only place I've seen this game mentioned since a couple months after launch. It is definitely forgotten by most gamers and media.

Marvel heroes online has got the best F2P model there is imo, with their combination of events plus daily log in reward a f2p player can easily get a few free pets, teamups and heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    This is the only place I've seen this game mentioned since a couple months after launch. It is definitely forgotten by most gamers and media.
    That was my impression as well. You can't really tell from people playing the game since everyone is on the same maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Marvel heroes online has got the best F2P model there is imo, with their combination of events plus daily log in reward a f2p player can easily get a few free pets, teamups and heroes.
    That was one of the most impressive things to me. Seeing the GMs doing events, having holidays constantly dropping bonus loot, etc. It takes something rather monotonous (grinding) and adds some flavor to it. Getting to level cap feels a tad long compared to other ARPGs, but perhaps that's just my perception.

I'm unsure what the endgame structure is as the consoles are a tad over my head and I hear people talking about raids. I understand the general concept of the terminals, but I don't know what gear progression looks like or how it ties into the different things you can queue for via terminals.
    BAD WOLF

Deadpool is pretty weak still mainly because he hasn't received a Level 52 review (meaning he's still has the old model of powers and such). Last I heard he is last from the original batch to receive one so he'll be weaker until it's his turn.

I know Woverine has received his. Colossus and Cable not sure as I haven't played them. I have all the heroes, just haven't played half of them.

It's not really too overwhelming. A lot of what they added were fixes and such that made QoL a lot easier. There's new modes/terminals to make leveling easier. Daily (Shared) / Legendary Quests to break up the leveling trend if you are tired of story mode questing. Omega levels is basically "free power" for your heroes as you start to accumulate more and any points you earn are available to every hero (but they don't share talents).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just put a good 3 hours into Cable and re-ran the Prologue up to Chapter 3.

I must say I very much do like the changes they have made to the game. Will definitely be suggesting to my friends to try it out again since we are getting bored of Diablo 3.

It even seems like they added some new cutscenes aswell to the first few chapters that I hadn't seen when playing as Deadpool at release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Deadpool is pretty weak still mainly because he hasn't received a Level 52 review (meaning he's still has the old model of powers and such). Last I heard he is last from the original batch to receive one so he'll be weaker until it's his turn.
    Makes me wonder, he is such a loved character, I wonder if they did him last just to encourage people to try other heroes.

I know I would not have changed from Deadpool had he not been terrible.