Page 7 of 140 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There goes my last hope of an ARPG -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oh wow. This was sort of a let down.

Really barebones, stripped down and casual ARPG. I am not even sure if this is an actual ARPG.

Ultimate Alliance and Xmen Legends were a lot smoother in gameplay than this...

Kinda awful.
    Has talent trees, gear progression with stats (both character stats of the vit and dex sort, as well as +skill stats, among other options), isometric view point, and mouse click based controls...

I can certainly agree with the casual assessment (and compared to the complexity of PoE, everything is stripped down), but it's not that different from games like Torchlight 2 or D2 (outside of the more casual nature) in terms of what it offers as an ARPG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lots of big changes came this past week and the game looks MUCH better! Also, they added a small portion of "end game" (NOT GOING TO SAY WHAT, SO DON'T ASK), so the game's looking to definitely be ready for it's listed launch date. They're seeming to get the kinks worked out faster and as a result should be able to give us more to test quicker.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Lots of big changes came this past week and the game looks MUCH better! Also, they added a small portion of "end game" (NOT GOING TO SAY WHAT, SO DON'T ASK), so the game's looking to definitely be ready for it's listed launch date. They're seeming to get the kinks worked out faster and as a result should be able to give us more to test quicker.
    I still havent tried it , need to find my way into beta.

PLAYMH4-19

Keys good till 4/22 Monday 3pm est. It is an unlimited use key. Enjoy
    Last edited by DarkV; 2013-04-20 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I recently noticed there was so much less lag when fighting an open world boss. That could be due to my recent computer upgrade, but I never truly had an issue beforehand even with a ton of people on the screen. They seem to be fleshing out the system pretty well.

On a side note, after testing damn near every character, I finally bought my starter pack. I find Black Panther to be extremely fun and I'm sure there will be a dearth of him running around.

How would you guys rate the storyline in this game? Or, is it just beating stuff up a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    How would you guys rate the storyline in this game? Or, is it just beating stuff up a lot?
    Out of my own interests, I haven't gotten passed Chapter 3. From what I've seen so far, it's ok. Nothing groundbreaking or spectacular. I think of it like Diablo. The story is pretty "meh", but the game itself is fun.

If it's free to play I see no reason to not try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    If it's free to play I see no reason to not try it out.
    That's the key fact, this game is FREE. Play it, enjoy it for what it is and move on if its not for you. We as a community need to support games like this and encourage more. In my opinion it has a solid F2P plan and I think it can be a huge success to casual and hardcore gamer's so long as the end game they have promised is half decent and they continue to add more content as they have suggested they will.

Im not gonna encourage and support a game this bad >.< Yes its free but there is nothing to this game at all, it dont work as a MMO its lacking content basically its boring as fook...

10+ Year Old Account
    Any beta keys available?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm i tried it , and it seems solid at the very least. Gonna need a few more hours to see if theres anything that wins me over completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    ggot a key, gonna play in a few hours...looks like diablo 3 but with a worse ui >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    ggot a key, gonna play in a few hours...looks like diablo 3 but with a worse ui >.<
    /facepalm

You mean it looks like a top down action ARPG?

My god. You are right. We should let them know.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Oh wow. This was sort of a let down.

Really barebones, stripped down and casual ARPG. I am not even sure if this is an actual ARPG.

Ultimate Alliance and Xmen Legends were a lot smoother in gameplay than this...

Kinda awful.
    I posted the same thing, albeit more gently, in their beta forums a few months back.

The community backlash to constructive criticism was to gather torches and pitchforks and ask me to leave.
    I shit you not, my posts were like "Hey... You might want to make the running animation less floaty." and the responses were along the lines of "Get out."
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah , i can't exactly point where the flaw is for me, but i played a couple of hours, and theres something off with it. It looks solid, but after a couple of hours i usually know whether i want or not to play it and this one still has me on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Yeah , i can't exactly point where the flaw is for me, but i played a couple of hours, and theres something off with it. It looks solid, but after a couple of hours i usually know whether i want or not to play it and this one still has me on the fence.
    Well. For one thing, the music is really... Off. The animations are super floaty. A lot of the abilities are really derpy (IE: Wolverine the poltergeist. Try it! spam leap.) . The talent system is annoying, last I played there was no synergy system so talents spent on low level abilities were a waste later on.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I definitely want to try this since it's F2P. And collecting super heroes sounds like a good time waster.
    I'm still thinking about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Well. For one thing, the music is really... Off. The animations are super floaty. A lot of the abilities are really derpy (IE: Wolverine the poltergeist. Try it! spam leap.) . The talent system is annoying, last I played there was no synergy system so talents spent on low level abilities were a waste later on.
    I played Black Widow as that was the starter pack i bought. Shes Ok. Gets miles better as a Ranged dual gunner instead of the default she starts with , Melee. Now im starting to regret purchasing the pack. Not because i dont like Black Widow, but because the game didn't hook me in close to the 3 hour mark. I also think the scenarios aren't very inspired and the graphics are meh.(i know its cities and corridors but still, it feels very.. weird.)

Deleted
    Played it for two weekends now, first IGN beta weekend, now this weekend again.
    I tried to like it, but I just can't.
    The game feels way too simple in looks/UI/Professions/Items and feels really budget.
    I just got bored really fast and didn't play that much both weekends, only got till lvl 13 or so with two chars.
    I definately won't be spending a single dime on this game, maybe I'll try it again on release with one of the free heroes, maybe..