Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    anyone remember playing a game called Freedom Force? That's what this game looks like (In a good way of course because I loved Freedom Force)

The fact that you cant make your own character doesn't bother me as long as you have all those Marvel heroes to choose from? How does character selection work by the way, can you like have 10 Wolverines wandering around on one screen or what? :P
    I LOVED Freedom Force. They seem to have similar play styles, but that's about it. Freedom Force had a ton of depth. The tongue-in-cheek humor and campy storyline added a lot to the game, and the game's modding community added so much longevity to it through new skins and meshes.

Pretty sad, but I rarely check my e-mail online. Usually I do it on my phone. Well my phone never updated with that e-mail and I didn't see that I got invited to Closed Beta until today. The invite was sent on the 12th of December.

/sadface

The game is made by gazzillon entertainment its CEO is David Brevik .......you know the old vp of blizzard north .....or the guy that created diablo 1 and diablo 2 those points alone are what caught my interest.

The will be F2P with a cash shop. the cash shop isnt pay to win tho.
    You play as a character from the Marvel Universe you know like spiderman or woverine or whatever theres 26 announced characters and they all play different.
    So anyways ...when you start the game you can pick 1 of 5 starter heroes from there you can lvl up that one hero and see the whole game in all its glory or you can either buy another hero from the list in the cash shop.....or the heroes are also random drops in the game. All the characters have all different costumes for customizing it in a way you might recognize your fav hero from whatever comic series you enjoyed or just whatever you think looks cool.

The game plays very much like Diablo 2 you hero has a skill tree that synergizes with different builds and has a strong arpg feel that you would expect from the guy that pretty much created this genre.

Love it or hate up to you by to me this game is gonna be a hit and thought some others might enjoy it as well. More information about the game can be found at http://www.marvelheroes.com

It may not be as dark as diablo but the gameplay elements are all there and its all in my opinion very impressive.

I'm been messing around with the beta and so far i love it.

The one thing putting me off from this is the singular class [or hero in this case] design. I don't really enjoy that really. Prefer "roll your own", heavy math centric ARPGs and RPGs in general. This looks to be an extremely casual focused game,

Will give it a whirl though. Ms. Marvel classic costume goes a long way with me in geek points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought myself a Starter pack for Black Widow =p, still sad that Blade isn't in it, its my favorite Marvel character but i guess i can toy with Hawkeye and Black Widow for a while. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard they will be bringing loads more characters to the game even after the release, so not only do you have characters available, and unlockable.

Pretty good to hear I am a big Marvel comic book fan and really hope they introduce some z-list heroes of the Marvel Universe... Like Surge, Anole, X23, Pixie, Black Knight, Hellcat, Firestar and Captain Britain

The one thing putting me off from this is the singular class [or hero in this case] design
    ya thats what was turning me away at first till i got to try the game out you gotta look at it differently
    is more like saying wizard barbarian druid sorcereror or in the terms of this game spiderman wolverine (insert a character name here and roughly consider it a class)
    I've played a few characters now and they all play differently i was actually very surprised. Again though look at who is making this game look through some of the dev videos and love him or hate him check out the athene stream they have up as well as it goes over alot of the game and its elements

People forget that this is an MMO with ARPG elements. They have already stated the game will get constant story updates and new heroes added. Marvel gave them access to all 1800 heroes and villains.

I also tend to think of this game more X-men legends 1/2 and Ultimate alliance 1/2 than Diablo with marvel skins

I bought the black panther and uncanny x-men pack when the original bonus cash promotion was going on, so i have 80 in game cash atm enough to buy 8 more heroes although im going to save and see who they add.

I love the fact they spent time on all current 26 heroes to make each one unique, and its own play style. Aka Cap America Plays different than Dare Devil and Spiderman, or Hulk plays different than thor and the thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I signed up for the beta. I never get in to them but maybe. Ive always had this thing with Marvel and DC like I have with Star Wars and Star Trek. Love Marvel and Star Wars and dislike the other 2. But i did enjoy DCUO quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I signed up for the beta. I never get in to them but maybe. Ive always had this thing with Marvel and DC like I have with Star Wars and Star Trek. Love Marvel and Star Wars and dislike the other 2. But i did enjoy DCUO quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    *Internet Brofist*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Oh i thought i was the only one. I did like the recent batman movies tho, they were amazing.

is this playable via facebook?

i saw ironman. facebook or not, im in

i endured that avengers flashsh*t game, just for the sake of playing a game with ironman in it. this is heaps better than that

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming youre serious, no its not a facebook game.

I've decided to buy the human torch starter pack, game just looks amazing...one thing i have been trying to find out is will the game server be America only at the start? i dont want to sign up as EU then be on dead servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really dislike how the gameplay is. It's too diablo 3-like or however you call that style. The idea and concept is awesome, but the gameplay just seems meh :/

Reminds me of Ultimate Alliance. Hopefully it plays like Ultimate Alliance. Looking forward to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Reminds me of Ultimate Alliance. Hopefully it plays like Ultimate Alliance. Looking forward to this.
    I remember playing those games, were pretty good imo.
    I can't wait to play this game, and my inner geek wants it to be something like this when i step in it for the first time
    http://youtu.be/oVdT0_kVCIo
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-03-01 at 03:05 AM.

Hey it's written by Brian Michael Bendis as well. That's awesome. House of M was one of my favs.

Hope they add more heroes. LIke in ultimate alliance you could make teams and get bonuses. I would always make think tank. Iron man, Mr.Fantastic, Dr.Strange and spider man. I'd like to play as Mr.Fantastic. Of the available heros though it's a tough choice. I'll probably play Iron Man or Cable I guess. Thor is tempting to though.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-01 at 04:37 AM.

just got into closed beta this monday :P. I only wanted forum access lol..ill test also since thats what im supposed to be doing