Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    If they want to keep the business model going they'll have to.
    Eh I think the success is going to hinge more on new content than new characters. The game already requires you to re-level every new character you unlock, so you're going to be spending a lot of time going through the same content over and over (coughFinalFantasyXIcough) to keep your chosen characters at the same level, if you want to be regularly playing more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Yea I had fun in the closed beta. Hopefully we get to play some more.
    If you're in the Closed Beta, play times are usually posted in the forums. Unless something catastrophic happens, there's usually at least 3 days of play time a week.

beta is 4 times a week right now and they will be pushing a huge stress test at some point also to get an idea of what they can do check out heroup.com its a more kiddie version of what gazzillion has been able to do with the marvel ip

nvm...seems the NDA is still up o well ill just enjoy the beta.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-14 at 10:55 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do they keep adding Jean Grey to these Marvel games lately, shes been dead in the comics for like over 10 years now. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Why do they keep adding Jean Grey to these Marvel games lately, shes been dead in the comics for like over 10 years now. :P
    I don't really think that has much to do with why she's in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The only officially killed character in the Marvel Universe is Uncle Ben, for story purposes in Spiderman.

15+ Year Old Account

Marvel Heroes will be released on June 4th, 2013!

At PAX Gazillion announced that Marvel Heroes, their new AARPG MMO, will go live on June 4th. I'm in it's beta and it's been quite entertaining, so I'm really looking forward to this going live soon!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Updating title to reflect release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get acess on the 2nd because i got a pack. Still a bit far off, but oh well, i can wait =p

This was mentioned in PAX for very briefly but, I'm still unsure what's going on.

http://www.twitch.tv/marvelheroes/b/381283026 Around the 4:50 mark.

You can buy heroes now to guarantee you'll be playing that hero but, when the game launches, that's no longer the case? It'll be a random drop? Thought the micro transaction model of this game would be similar to League of Legends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    This was mentioned in PAX for very briefly but, I'm still unsure what's going on.

http://www.twitch.tv/marvelheroes/b/381283026 Around the 4:50 mark.

You can buy heroes now to guarantee you'll be playing that hero but, when the game launches, that's no longer the case? It'll be a random drop? Thought the micro transaction model of this game would be similar to League of Legends.

Yeah i just read about this ALOT of people on the beta forums are pissed, something about after launch heros will only be available through loot drops and the drop rates get lower the more characters you have, because the characters you already have drop more common , so any newer characaters to collect will be a complete lottery, with drop percentages lower the more characaters you have.

especially as they actually said you can buy these starter packs to get all the heros and you can get some ingame currency to buy more heros, costumes, bonuses after launch.

I think its okay to say the above since its in PAX right?

and yeah im in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Yeah i just read about this ALOT of people on the beta forums are pissed, something about after launch heros will only be available through loot drops and the drop rates get lower the more characters you have, because the characters you already have drop more common , so any newer characaters to collect will be a complete lottery, with drop percentages lower the more characaters you have.

especially as they actually said you can buy these starter packs to get all the heros and you can get some ingame currency to buy more heros, costumes, bonuses after launch.

I think its okay to say the above since its in PAX right?

and yeah im in the beta.
    I'm not in beta, I'm just interested in this game. Don't think that's against the NDA anyway since PAX is a public event and, the link itself is widely available. Hmm so their micro transaction model is almost like the SW:TOR cartel packages after launch... well that'll be quite......interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    I'm not in beta, I'm just interested in this game. Don't think that's against the NDA anyway since PAX is a public event and, the link itself is widely available. Hmm so their micro transaction model is almost like the SW:TOR cartel packages after launch... well that'll be quite......interesting.
    Yeah up until today it was a given that the ingame store would have heros to buy, the community guy (ironically ex SWTOR) even said on numerous occasional all heros are planned to be on the store to buy. Now its, you can either buy hero tokens, or get hero token drops ingame, and you get a random hero, the chances of that drop being one of the ones you already have is higher, so you have less chance to get new heros the more heros you own, so the ultimate pack buyers have been going irate that because they start with all the heros they'll find it hard to get new ones as they're released so they'll have to grind more and more or buy more and more.

anyways

http://www.twitch.tv/marvelheroes/b/381377588

about 3.45, says they're listening to the feedback because the beta forums have gone apeshit over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Yeah up until today it was a given that the ingame store would have heros to buy, the community guy (ironically ex SWTOR) even said on numerous occasional all heros are planned to be on the store to buy. Now its, you can either buy hero tokens, or get hero token drops ingame, and you get a random hero, the chances of that drop being one of the ones you already have is higher, so you have less chance to get new heros the more heros you own, so the ultimate pack buyers have been going irate that because they start with all the heros they'll find it hard to get new ones as they're released so they'll have to grind more and more or buy more and more.

anyways

http://www.twitch.tv/marvelheroes/b/381377588

about 3.45, says they're listening to the feedback because the beta forums have gone apeshit over it.
    Seriously wut? I'd go apeshit too. Hope the people on the forums get their opinion through their heads.

There was a huge post on reddit about this earlier.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...marvel_heroes/

I don't follow the game too closely. Though I did raise an eyebrow or two as I read up a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I don't follow the game too closely. Though I did raise an eyebrow or two as I read up a bit.
    Sad to read that , hope they change their mind about the tokens. As for the packs, i agree, they keep claiming offers will be over soon , then a week later offers are re-offered, for cheaper. Its fucked up.

Wow. That is a damn shame. If they're going to be like this they're ruining a good thing.

Oh wow. But yeah, what AnthonyUK posted, at least they're listening to the (negative) feedback lol. Still keeping a close eye on this game and, may pick up a pack depending on what they decide on this hero business.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mindboggling that someone over at Gazillion thought this would be a good idea. Goodluck getting the casual Marvel fan to play your game if he isn't even able to play that one specific character he might love, unless he's willing to spend (lots of) money on RNG.