Quote Originally Posted by Durinur View Post
    Yea, leveling can be pretty fast if you do it right. If you want to powerlevel your hero, you should follow this guide: Marvel Heroes powerlevel guide. And after you beat the main content, go Limbo until your fingers bleed.
    That's a pretty cool guide for alts (which I can see myself doing with cable, deadpool and rocket raccoon). Right now I am just enjoying the storyline with Witch

EDIT: I do hope they add more cutscenes in the future though.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    That's a pretty cool guide for alts (which I can see myself doing with cable, deadpool and rocket raccoon). Right now I am just enjoying the storyline with Witch
    I got nice pretty insane results when using this on the XP event this weekend. It's like ten times faster then when I followed the story :P

The first official Marvel Heroes sale have begun, and all heroes are on sale. Most are just a few bucks off, but Captain America and lots of different costumes are really cheap for the time being!

Check out the sale prices on the official website.

15+ Year Old Account
    MH is now in the process of buffing every hero in the game. They started with Wolverine, Thor, Punisher, Spider-Man, and Iron Man and made a couple of tweaks to Rocket Racoon. They're in the process of working on Thing and Daredevil (and maybe some others, those are just the two they listed) for the next patch.

They're also lowering the cost of the high-priced crafting recipes, such as adding a costume core to your costume (which is being lowered from 250,000 credits to 85,000 credits). They also buffed several artifacts and medals/medallions.

The best part, though, is they buffed experience gained in everything that isn't Limbo runs. I did a green terminal daily close to my level and gained more than double the experience I used to get. Limbo and purples are still the best for experience, but they're not "the only way" to level now, which is very nice.

They're definitely listening to the players and making changes, slowly but steadily. A new patch has happened every week since the game launched, each with some modifications of some sort. I even spent some G's on Wolverine (since he just got buffed and is on sale) for their hard work and effort (though I'm now in 100% save mode for Torch).

Soon, they'll make crafting materials stackable. The STASH will be able to breathe once more! Hooray!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Interesting change coming to the way players acquire heroes:

Eternity Splinters

FAQ

Basic run down - hero tokens as a random drop to be removed from the game and replaced with Eternity Splinters that will drop more frequently and serve as an in-game currency by which you can purchase the hero of your choice. Heroes come in three price tiers - 200, 400, and 600.

Eternity Splinters will also be used to upgrade Ultimate Powers at a rate of 200 per rank for all heroes. You will also be able to buy Retcon potions with them.

Costumes will still be rare drops/store bought, and Chase Costumes will still be rare drop only.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of posting that myself, but I was too tired when I finally got around to it. So I'll post new patch notes, instead!

- Added a new gear rank, Cosmic Gear. Cosmic Gear can fill each of the five armor and weapon slots, and each piece of Cosmic Gear is guaranteed to have five affixes, add +1 to all abilities, and to top it all off each has a Cosmic Power proc. They are as follows.

Cosmic Starfall: Chance on hit to deliver a barrage of cosmic beams from the sky, heavily damaging enemies in an area around your target.

Cosmic Bulwark: Chance to spawn a cosmic shield of invulnerability around the wielder during combat.

Cosmic Demonspawn: Chance to summon a powerful cosmically-charged Ngarai Demon during combat.

Cosmic Devastation: Chance for the wielder to explode with devastating circle of cosmic energy when hit.

Cosmic Might: Chance to charge the wielder with massive cosmic power, dramatically increasing their combat abilities.

So, basically, they added legendary items to the game.

- Crafting costs for costumes has officially now been reduced for ranks 3, 4, and costume core!

Rank 3 : 20k (was 30k)
    Rank 4 : 50k (was 150k)
    Rank 5 (costume core) : 85k (was 250k)

- Also increased the level of later green and red terminals so that people don't lose leveling options at 50+.

- Made more hero power adjustments (none of them being nerfs).

Next on my list of things to do is to see how many people are going to be griping that they spent money on heroes to now have a free system to buy them. Oh, the hilarity that should ensue.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great news imo. Wonder what is the cause for the change: A) shop is making decent amount of money so they can risk that change or B) Nobody is buying heroes anyway so change wont have an impact

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Next on my list of things to do is to see how many people are going to be griping that they spent money on heroes to now have a free system to buy them. Oh, the hilarity that should ensue.
    Or how many will gripe that they got X or Y hero 3 weeks ago for a certain price...

And they just permanently reduced prices for almost heroes and costumes.

Hero tiers are now 450, 900, 1100, and 1450. Costumes are 450, 750, 950, and 1250.

They've also added packs back in as a purchase option - don't get quite as much stuff as founder's pack owners (nor any of the exclusive items), but it does allow for those that want to get a bundled discount on certain options (there are only two $59 packs right now, for example) the opportunity to do so.

Annnd...the communication keeps coming: Doomsaw Devblog

Also...under teasers...Ragnarok.

Methinks a hint regarding the next stage of the story.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2013-07-13 at 08:06 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason to people who bought heroes to get angry, they are removing the random drop not the buy-for-cash option. Plus, I am assuming here that getting +200 shards (or whatever was the name) still going to need a lot of daily/limbo farming.

As an UP owner I think can be quite nice, have all heroes already so I can pile up shards until a new hero is released.

Can't wait for the change. It's gonna be good to be able to work towards a hero rather then just playing and hoping for the best.

Just a little tips to my fellow MMOC players, you can do a quick file edit and be able to turn on permanent loot on the ground. No more fear of missing an item!

Read bout how to do it here: How to turn on permanent “show items on ground” on Marvel Heroes

Deleted
    1.11 is live and introduced new system of earning heroes and new Limbo with loads of hero changes
    Personally i liked old RNG system more, since i am quite lucky player

15+ Year Old Account
    Torch is also out and is amazing. I've got mine to 26 and am debating whether I want to do Manhattan runs with him or Wolverine (thinking Wolvie for now).

New PTR will be up soon with Emma Frost to test, as well as a couple of content updates for PvP and endgame. They're also going to be adding a new equipment slot and making more character balance changes (mostly buffs), along with revamping the defense system.

So limbos don't exist anymore eh?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    So limbos don't exist anymore eh?
    Nope. A good decision (imo).

New survival mode is overall a bit more entertaining and most important, you can do them from level 1.

Deleted
    Did anyone actually managed to run this on decent FPS?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizbo View Post
    I have generally +60 fps, around 40'ish on combat with more players on screen. But I keep the option of other players spell effects to minimum otherwise fps can be as bad as 10-15 at heavy combat.

I did for the most part (all but a few settings at high...usually turn down particles and shadows when going in), though there were a few areas that simply tanked my FPS...usually when the Brood or Ninjas spawned, or both.

Re-tuned the spawns though with today's patch, so hopefully that will result in better performance. Also, per a Dev comment, turning off Highly-detailed Client Side Physics in the graphics option can have a positive effect on performance.

New costumes with today's patch as well - Marvel Girl (Jean Grey), House of M outfit (Scarlet Witch), and Warbird (Ms Marvel). Definitely want the last two.

Deleted
    I turned literally every setting OFF, plus tried .ini file tweak, and I still get FPS drops, and I can play much more demanding games just fine

I turned literally every setting OFF, plus tried .ini file tweak, and I still get FPS drops, and I can play much more demanding games just fine
    Compatibility issues happen. People with brand new uber rigs were running swtor at 8 FPS whereas my 4 year old clunker was running it at 60.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -