Page 1 of 140
... LastLast

[Megathread] Marvel Heroes 2016 Online

Hey guys, no thread on this yet so I figured I would create one. Saw this on a mmorpg review site the other day and it caught my interest. I did a little looking into it and it appears to be a Diablo style action RPG with a massive amount of characters, skill trees and costumes.

Currently it is in closed beta and the aim for a release date is spring 2013, although the videos seem to show a very early stage of graphics to me. There are regular closed beta giveaways on both Facebook and twitter pages. To me it looks promising, it is billed as completely free to play and with so many heroes I can imagine great replay value.

https://www.marvelheroes.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/marvelheroes
    http://twitter.com/MMMSociety

Discuss!

5-11-15 Edit: Changed the title of the thread to 2015 to reflect the new year release. - Lucetia
    2-27-15 Edit: Changed the title of the thread to 2016 to reflect the new version. -Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-02-27 at 11:14 PM.

I signed up for the beta to try it out. I've always liked Marvel more than DC.

Applied for beta. Don't expect to get invited. I have no luck with that stuff. Only beta I was invited to was GW2, and I paid money to get in because they did that thing where you buy the game and get free beta access.

Deleted
    These guys are geniuses!
    Deadpool isn't available in the starter pack, only in the prenium pack by himself (or in the x-force pack)
    Damn yooooouuuuu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Applied for beta. Don't expect to get invited. I have no luck with that stuff. Only beta I was invited to was GW2, and I paid money to get in because they did that thing where you buy the game and get free beta access.
    My luck with competitions/being picked of any kind seems to be focused entirely on beta's as I never 'win' anything but I've got into hundreds of beta's, only remember 2 or 3 that I wanted to get into but didn't. Think the only actual competition I've ever won was for a free mobile phone.

One thing I noticed on the website is that both heroes and skins have a chance to drop from mobs so you potentially can unlock everything without ever needing to pay, unless certain cosmetics items are store-only.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I. Must. Buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    My luck with competitions/being picked of any kind seems to be focused entirely on beta's as I never 'win' anything but I've got into hundreds of beta's, only remember 2 or 3 that I wanted to get into but didn't. Think the only actual competition I've ever won was for a free mobile phone.

One thing I noticed on the website is that both heroes and skins have a chance to drop from mobs so you potentially can unlock everything without ever needing to pay, unless certain cosmetics items are store-only.
    Yes, David Brevik said that the Heroes and Skins will also drop from mobs/bosses, you can get everything without having to pay but it will take longer if you go the Free route, as it should be. Personally I'm liking the model they're choosing to use for F2P, you have two choices of obtaining the skins.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-01-13 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already signed for Beta a few days ago. My question is . Where the f*** is Blade? My favorite marvel character =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Already signed for Beta a few days ago. My question is . Where the f*** is Blade? My favorite marvel character =/
    They'll have to keep releasing stuff to keep the ftp model going.
    If he isn't listed by time of release he probably will be eventually

I hope they have an Old Man Logan skin.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    They'll have to keep releasing stuff to keep the ftp model going.
    If he isn't listed by time of release he probably will be eventually
    I suppose i could use Hawkeye until he is released.

Marvel Action RPG?! Sweet jesus! Oh and it's f2p means there is going to be tooooooons of costumes, I'm a sucker for costumes .
    Hi Sephurik

I don't like the diablo style they are going with but it does look pretty cool. Hulk smash time.

Personally Can't wait to check this out and they already said it will be 100% f2p.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This will be the game to take me away from WoW, lol. DYING for this.

(don't worry fanboys, not saying it'll be better than WoW)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    This will be the game to take me away from WoW, lol. DYING for this.

(don't worry fanboys, not saying it'll be better than WoW)
    I like that the Punisher will be in it since he was not in ultimate alliance 1&2
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I like that the Punisher will be in it since he was not in ultimate alliance 1&2
    Yeah, I can't believe they left him out, but put The Thing, and Invisible Woman in.. they were pretty much useless.

Yeah, I can't believe they left him out, but put The Thing, and Invisible Woman in.. they were pretty much useless.
    Dream team Dead Pool + The Punisher + Gambit = Win Can't think of a 4th atm.

I guess add in Iron Man so you got a rich guy with a base to hang out at LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Dream team Dead Pool + The Punisher + Gambit = Win Can't think of a 4th atm.
    That's pretty funny.. we have the same dream team, lol. I'd probably put Hulk in, just so I can yell in vent " HULK SMASH. " Or Torch, so I could yell " FLAME ON "

It'd probably annoy random people, but it'd be super fun!

That's pretty funny.. we have the same dream team, lol. I'd probably put Hulk in, just so I can yell in vent " HULK SMASH. " Or Torch, so I could yell " FLAME ON "

It'd probably annoy random people, but it'd be super fun!
    Rofl. Really can't wait to see what they will do and it seems the system req will be kinda low for it as well so that's a plus.

At Lease I hope lol.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 04:35 AM ----------

Current Minimum System Requirement (Beta)

CPU Minimum: 2.1 GHz Core 2 Duo or better
    RAM Minimum: 2GB
    OS Minimum: Windows XP
    Video Card Minimum: GeForce 8800 GTS with 320 MB VRAM or better
    Free Disk Space Minimum: 10 GB

Not bad I say but remember it is the beta spec atm. Really can't wait to check this out.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-13 at 04:35 AM.