Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    It even seems like they added some new cutscenes aswell to the first few chapters that I hadn't seen when playing as Deadpool at release.
    They added a prologue before the Raft quest line and they added some cutscenes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Makes me wonder, he is such a loved character, I wonder if they did him last just to encourage people to try other heroes.

I know I would not have changed from Deadpool had he not been terrible.
    Well most people go theirs due to movies / comic releases and they wanted to coincide with that. Though not fully sure why was picked last? Might've been dartboard failure and not having enough Deadpool on it for the dart to hit :P

Though I guess we could blame Fox too for not putting out a Deadpool movie a lot sooner so they could release a 52 to coincide with that, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I actually had a look at the official site and it's similarly less active compared to games with more interest. For all intents and purposes it seems like not a lot of people are talking about the game. But hey, you could focus on all the good things I'm saying about the game instead of trying to win an imaginary contest you created. Evidence suggests less people are talking about the game and less people are writing about it. This means less people know what's going on with it.

It's a good game that I feel deserves more consideration, communication, and players. That is what flying under the radar means. FFS, only on MMO-C can someone bring a nonactive thread to life discussing a game they enjoy and be responded with someone trying to prove them wrong about something, defend a game that isn't being attacked, and general make a mess of things. It's no wonder people don't want to talk about anything on here.
    1) What is this contest you speak about? You are trying to revitalize a thread by talking about the game, i responded saying i disagree with you saying "It's flying under the radar". Isn't that how a conversation goes? Or you just wanna post by yourself? You are somehow believing i am on this imaginary vendetta out to get you. In the post you quoted when i said i didn't believe the game was "flying under the radar" you conveniently left out all the good things i said about the game aswell. You could also focus on that since you're asking me to do the same. You're the one who is crusading because i didn't agree with you.

2) The game won MMORPG.COM player voted award over actual MMO's in 2014. Sure that doesn't mean anything but it sure means alot of people play it even if the game didn't deserve the award. Massively does tons of coverage on it. Etc. The game is on the 2nd page of Steams most popular F2P games.
    We've been around this rodeo for a while Kelimbror. If the game didn't have alot of people playing it , it wouldn't expand and grow at this rate.
    If you use only MMO-Champ to look for gaming news then yeah i can see how you get the impression that Marvel Heroes is flying under the radar.
    You did install the game right? Where did you find out about it?

3) In all the forum categories they have , all have threads with posts and discussions today, all are active.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, thats it on this matter for me, Marvel Heroes needs more people posting in this thread to look active, imma ask the fellas on the official forums to stop by
    Last edited by Razael; 2015-02-23 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Anyways, thats it on this matter for me, Marvel Heroes needs more people posting in this thread to look active, imma ask the fellas on the official forums to stop by
    As long as they bring cookies. Newcomers need to bring cookies.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You did install the game right? Where did you find out about it?
    Actively looking for free games to play on Steam. Haven't seen one news article, one advertisement, nay one mention of the game at all. Guess what? LotRO and various other very small, very not talked about games win awards too. The point is that you took someone trying to discuss a game in a positive manner, created an argument over whether it is or isn't flying under the radar (news flash, contrary to your beliefs it is!), when you could have actually touched on the other aspects referenced, provided advice, asked questions, etc.

So for someone who cares such a great deal about the game and it's community, you do an awfully horrible job helping it grow. Instead you'd rather have a pissing contest with yourself and think that the game is such hot shit everyone in the galaxy knows every detail about it. When you have to be patronizing to try and prove a point, you don't really have one. Thank god the community in game doesn't act in the same fashion you do.
    BAD WOLF

Honestly outside this mega thread I haven't seen a thing on this game.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Do you folks not check MMO news sites? Places like Massively (now Massively Overpowered), MMORPG, MMO Bomb and a bunch of the others cover this from time to time.

I mean, it's hardly getting major coverage as it's a post launch game that subsists off a series of small updates that add/tweak heroes and skins and the like rather than having major content patches that are easy to drum up some media attention for. But it's still getting decent media coverage in the F2P/MMO circles.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    2) The game won MMORPG.COM player voted award over actual MMO's in 2014
    I think it qualifies as an MMO, really. You can get a lot of people in one map, and the world is just as persistent as, say, WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you folks not check MMO news sites? Places like Massively (now Massively Overpowered), MMORPG, MMO Bomb and a bunch of the others cover this from time to time.
    Nope. I stopped reading a lot of gaming sites like Polygon and Kotaku. It's mostly just IGN and they only mentioned it when it became 2015. But it's not just news, it's also people. I read a lot of Marvel comic/movie news and the comments inevitably turn to people wanting a good Marvel game or mentioning good ones from the past, no one ever mentions this one.

Fucking BOGO making me spend $5 every now and then for heroes...

This is probably one of the best arpg's out at the moment, plenty todo, however performance issues is so bad, thought my new pc i7 4790k with gtx980 sli would handle Midtown during boss fights solid 60 fps, nope, same as my old pc dropping down to sub 20 fps on ultra

10+ Year Old Account
    Actively looking for free games to play on Steam. Haven't seen one news article, one advertisement, nay one mention of the game at all. Guess what? LotRO and various other very small, very not talked about games win awards too. The point is that you took someone trying to discuss a game in a positive manner, created an argument over whether it is or isn't flying under the radar (news flash, contrary to your beliefs it is!), when you could have actually touched on the other aspects referenced, provided advice, asked questions, etc.

So for someone who cares such a great deal about the game and it's community, you do an awfully horrible job helping it grow. Instead you'd rather have a pissing contest with yourself and think that the game is such hot shit everyone in the galaxy knows every detail about it. When you have to be patronizing to try and prove a point, you don't really have one. Thank god the community in game doesn't act in the same fashion you do.
    God forbid someones disagrees with Kelimbror amirite. I gave my 2 cents whilst replying to your post and you somehow turned that into a personal attack to you. The world doesn't spin around you man.
    @Edge Exactly my point. This game gets as much coverage as any f2p title post launch. Its not my fault people chose to blindfold themselves and use MMO champion to get their gaming news. Unless you are talking about IGN site levels of coverage the game doesnt get it no, but newsflash, rarely any other MMO does.
    Last edited by Razael; 2015-02-24 at 12:13 PM.

@Edge Exactly my point. This game gets as much coverage as any f2p title post launch. Its not my fault people chose to blindfold themselves and use MMO champion to get their gaming news. Unless you are talking about IGN site levels of coverage the game doesnt get it no, but newsflash, rarely any other MMO does.
    Eh, a bit less than most of the big name ones. Since it doesn't have any major content drops like a Rift or a LOTRO or an EQ2, the smaller updates are picked up less frequently since they're not as attention grabbing.

I mean, if you're not regularly lurking MMO news sites, I can totally see missing this game.

Don't see what's wrong with people not doing that or getting a lot of their new from MMOC, this place actually covers a pretty diverse group of games and hits a lot of the major points when it comes to news.

No need to insult others, yo. Chill out, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Eh, a bit less than most of the big name ones. Since it doesn't have any major content drops like a Rift or a LOTRO or an EQ2, the smaller updates are picked up less frequently since they're not as attention grabbing.

I mean, if you're not regularly lurking MMO news sites, I can totally see missing this game.

Don't see what's wrong with people not doing that or getting a lot of their new from MMOC, this place actually covers a pretty diverse group of games and hits a lot of the major points when it comes to news.

No need to insult others, yo. Chill out, please.
    You are right that was poorly worded of me. Apologies. Meant to convey that if you are expecting to be up par with gaming news just out of megathreads i feel you'll miss out. Which apparently is the case with this game. But lots of others aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways lets agree to disagree. Game is awesome and i hope it continues to evolve as is right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    I think it qualifies as an MMO, really. You can get a lot of people in one map, and the world is just as persistent as, say, WoW.
    Yeah i suppose you're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Yeah I was actually surprised at the MMO qualities it has going on. It's definitely a fresh take on the genre in that respect. I like the way their hubs and instances work. Sure the base gameplay is arpg/brawler, but that little spin makes it feel a tad different. My only qualm is I'm so used to pausing D3 that I feel glued to my cpu playing this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    This is probably one of the best arpg's out at the moment, plenty todo, however performance issues is so bad, thought my new pc i7 4790k with gtx980 sli would handle Midtown during boss fights solid 60 fps, nope, same as my old pc dropping down to sub 20 fps on ultra
    Yeah my system shouldn't have any issues, but approaching bosses in midtown/industry makes me lag out until everything loads in b/c of the extra people.

Sometimes it results in death, others in me missing kill credit. It's annoying, but workable.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah I was actually surprised at the MMO qualities it has going on. It's definitely a fresh take on the genre in that respect. I like the way their hubs and instances work. Sure the base gameplay is arpg/brawler, but that little spin makes it feel a tad different. My only qualm is I'm so used to pausing D3 that I feel glued to my cpu playing this game.Yeah my system shouldn't have any issues, but approaching bosses in midtown/industry makes me lag out until everything loads in b/c of the extra people.

Sometimes it results in death, others in me missing kill credit. It's annoying, but workable.
    This seems to be mostly related to the art assets (special effects, models, etc) all being loaded at once, when you come in range, instead of preloading them when entering the area. It's also a recent decrease in performance in Midtown, but an increase in performance on their back-end, resulting in overall better performance for the user. It's just that Midtown is currently a a lag-on-load fest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Optimization could definitely be better, but recently they changed Midtown to be similiar to Industry City and load the stuff pre-emptively i think? It used to be worse, but i've not tried since that change.

- - - Updated - - -

A friend also told me to quit the game every few hours because it runs on an unreal engine, and has lots of memory leaks. So if you go to Midtown when you'll log in, you'll have alot less lagfest than after 2 hours or so of playing the game. Not sure how truthful this is because i don't understand tech for shit, but from my PC it did seem to alleviate a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try both approaches. It does seem to trigger when that specific map section loads though, because I can run anywhere without players fine and as soon as I enter the boss zergfest my entire screen freezes for a couple of seconds before it can catch up. Ones it does I don't experience anymore lag. Granted I have all graphics, including decals and particles cranked to '11' so I can see where the hiccup comes from, but if it works everywhere else in the game it shouldn't come to a screeching halt at any point.

Regardless, it's not that problematic...just something that happens predictably. The only time it makes you go is when you miss kill credit or load in as a corpse. Neither of those are very fun.
    BAD WOLF

Optimization could definitely be better, but recently they changed Midtown to be similiar to Industry City and load the stuff pre-emptively i think? It used to be worse, but i've not tried since that change.

- - - Updated - - -

A friend also told me to quit the game every few hours because it runs on an unreal engine, and has lots of memory leaks. So if you go to Midtown when you'll log in, you'll have alot less lagfest than after 2 hours or so of playing the game. Not sure how truthful this is because i don't understand tech for shit, but from my PC it did seem to alleviate a bit.
    That's true. Exiting the game every few hours is the best thing to do, it definitely has memory leaks. I notice this mostly while farming Kurse. At some point he does a summon ability that somehow hits my memory hard and that becomes very noticeable once the limit is reached. At first I don't notice, but after a few hours it freezes my screen.

Iceman is very fun. Very D2 wizard-ish. Should get him to 60 in the next day or two, then the gear grind begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Iceman is very fun. Very D2 wizard-ish. Should get him to 60 in the next day or two, then the gear grind begins.
    How do you level so fast? I don't understand how anyone has leveled so many heroes. I play through the story until I hit the hardest mode, then play the other stuff. I use XP pots constantly and feel like I'm going as quickly as I can. Even with Cyclops XP talent and/or his synergy it makes no difference. I'm slow, slow, slow.

By contrast I can level a character to 70 in D3 in one day if I really wanted to just playing by myself.
    BAD WOLF