Thread: The Park

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Park

While we're on the topic of the new Stormwind and Orgrimmar, what do you guys feel should represent the new place that was once the Park?

The Gilnean District seems to be a common suggestion. But with the new addition of the Pandaren, would a small China-town be appropriate? Perhaps a combination of both the Gilnean and Pandaren cultures? Perhaps add some Night Elves or Draenei into the mix?

What do you guys think?
    We all need a tune to wipe to. I personally enjoy the sound of my teams' own screams.

Deleted
    High Elf district for the new playable race in next expansion. You heard it here first.

Etheral District with portals to Argus

If by Gilnean District you mean a tree with bunch of worgen NPCs like in Darnassus, then I'd rather have a China-town.If they use the actual Gilnean-styled buildings then hell yes, I loved the look of Gilneas it self!

Night Elves are getting their park back guyz

Deleted
    Pirate zombie-island district

Wouldn't mind seeing something more militaristic, like an actual Barracks from WC3 or a Workshop or even the Mage tower (with glowing eye!) or the High Elf spinny tower thing (name escapes me). I know the latter is in game, as there are a few in SMV. Barracks could/would make sense, with the new naval installation down by the docks.

IMO put more of the actual WarCraft back in WOW and make it look like a proper alliance base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    A Gilnean district if the worgen don't get Gilneas back. Otherwise, a Theramore refugee district, or a refugee district in general for the other ruined human kingdoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still feel that the Park would be better off being a Gilnean district. I don't mean like Darnassus with the tree or anything of the sort. What I want are Gilnean style architecture. It's a style that has been really underused and now they have an opportunity to use it in a manner a lot of people have wanted ever since the Worgen were announced.

Also if they could fit a statue of Liam Greymane in the centre that would be grand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I still feel that the Park would be better off being a Gilnean district. I don't mean like Darnassus with the tree or anything of the sort. What I want are Gilnean style architecture. It's a style that has been really underused and now they have an opportunity to use it in a manner a lot of people have wanted ever since the Worgen were announced.

Also if they could fit a statue of Liam Greymane in the centre that would be grand.
    No, they should rather make Gilneas a usable zone with a functional Gilneas City. "It would be deserted" is no justification for the lack of citys Azeroth has.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Park is gone for good and has been replaced by the Cemetary and the farms. That's all the green space the city needs. I loved that place, but it has been destroyed beyond repair. The logical course of action would be to wall the open portion and rebuild the Old Barracks as a fortress to guard the harbour. Move the warrior and rogue trainers there and turn the place where they were into a Gilnean district, if you absolutely want it. A moonwell could be placed somewhere in the outskirts of the city where Celestine of the Harvest is for the Night Elves, along with a few tents or maybe a Night Elf building or an Ancient.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No, they should rather make Gilneas a usable zone with a functional Gilneas City. "It would be deserted" is no justification for the lack of citys Azeroth has.
    It would disrupt game balance across the factions.
    The Alliance now have Dalaran which I doubt we will ever see as a Alliance city as there would be no Horde equivalent. Gilneas is the same. The idea get's worse when you consider Gnomeregan.

You cannot balance out the cities in such a way. Now if it was not a "city" (with AH's and banks etc etc) but rather reclaimed and had NPC's, would people actually bother to use it?

I want it reclaimed as well, but you really have face facts that this is one of the upsetting instances of game balance >>> Story in the eyes of the developers.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-01-10 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what ever happened to the goblins "undermine" maybe thats where gallywix has been all this time and could be a gilnean equivalent

http://www.wowwiki.com/Undermine
    Last edited by slackjawsix; 2013-01-10 at 08:29 PM.
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Mobile orc battle fortress

10+ Year Old Account
    The park should eventually be rebuilt. As to what that is I have no idea.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    It would disrupt game balance across the factions.
    The Alliance now have Dalaran which I doubt we will ever see as a Alliance city as there would be no Horde equivalent. Gilneas is the same. The idea get's worse when you consider Gnomeregan.

You cannot balance out the cities in such a way. Now if it was not a city but rather reclaimed and had NPC's, would people actually bother to use it?

I want it reclaimed as well, but you really have face facts that this is one of the upsetting instances of game balance >>> Story in the eyes of the developers.
    No it wouldn't. There would be nothing wrong with adding Kezan City, Zandalar City, Gilneas City, Gnomeregan, West Silvermoon and some more neutral citys. In the end both factions would still have an equal number of citys.
    Even the Roman Empire 2000 years ago had far more big citys than all of Azeroth and Outland combined.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    If by Gilnean District you mean a tree with bunch of worgen NPCs like in Darnassus, then I'd rather have a China-town.If they use the actual Gilnean-styled buildings then hell yes, I loved the look of Gilneas it self!
    Of course. Think of it as a chunk of Gilneas placed in the Park.
    We all need a tune to wipe to. I personally enjoy the sound of my teams' own screams.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're going to wall it off and let it stop burning. Then just leave it as a testament to Deathwing's power.

I mean where do you expect them to get the dirt to fill that? Dig up part of westfall?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Where do all Gilneans live these days anyway? They can't possibly all sleep under that same tree in Darnassus...

I'd like to see it become a Gilneas District. The Bildgewater goblins have their own district in Orgrimmar aswell

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They're going to wall it off and let it stop burning. Then just leave it as a testament to Deathwing's power.

I mean where do you expect them to get the dirt to fill that? Dig up part of westfall?
    Oooh, maybe just have it extended over stilts over the water! It sure wouldn't be that safe, but it would sure look cool!

That said, need dirt? I vote Deepholm.