Couple of questions on fans + lighting.

I apologize now for all the questions, I'm new into the hardware side of the computing world and all the advice I've gained from here has been very solid and reliable making me not want to ask elsewhere ^^.

So the case I have is the Corsair 400r. I love the case but I have a few questions on the fans. I love making things look nice and one thing I want to do is make colours match. In this case I want to change the colour of the case fans to either green or red or blue, and is it possible to change the LED colour of a power light? (undecided which colour yet, have a keyboard with green led's and a mouse with red led's but I love the blue colour and my MOBO already has some bright blue LED's on.. oh the decision making ) is this possible to do? What sort of size fans are case fans?

I've also seen some people have extra fans at the top of their case, is this possible with this one? I'm not really happy with the temp my GPU is running at and more fans can't do any harm right?

Is their a way to control the speed my case fans run at? I've checked in the bios and found nothing on it. And also can you get filters to put over fans to collect dust and such? It seems our house is very dusty, after only about 2 weeks a thin layer of dust has formed on the inside cpu fan blades around the edges.

Also I was wondering if anyone can think of a single thing that these back holes to the right can be used for?

http://www.awd-it.co.uk/images/detai...400r-rear2.jpg

(The ones that go directly into the case)

And last of all, what does everyone use their spare 5,1/4 inch drive bays for? Been thinking of what to do with them for a while now.

Many thanks for any help given .
    Last edited by -Skye; 2013-01-10 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Keep your system cool with up to 10 fan mount locations (four 120mm, six 120mm/140mm) (quoted from newegg)
    you also mention cpu temps too high? what kind of cpu cooler do you have?
    as for led swapping it is possible but highly inpractical to swap the actual lights , usually better off with a new set of fans.

i do nothing with those bays except for the minor cablemanagement that is possible with my crappy non modular PSU QQ.

edit: those holes are usually for watercooling in combination with an external radiator iirc.

Would you happen to know where the fans can be placed? And that's what I meant I wanted to buy new fans with different LEDs on but I don't know which types are meant for what.

I said the GPU temp not CPU temp ^^ my gpu is running at about 50c while playing rift on ultra (only getting 30fps sadly :c) and that seems a little high to me since my old laptops GPU fried out at 60c and couldn't be repaired.
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    What card are you using? 50 degrees sounds fine though, my gtx 660ti runs at about 65-70 under load but as far as I know they can still go higher than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Would you happen to know where the fans can be placed? And that's what I meant I wanted to buy new fans with different LEDs on but I don't know which types are meant for what.

I said the GPU temp not CPU temp ^^ my gpu is running at about 50c while playing rift on ultra (only getting 30fps sadly :c) and that seems a little high to me since my old laptops GPU fried out at 60c and couldn't be repaired.
    my bad xD, what gpu do you have then? (also worry less about temps since most cards nowadays can take +-100 degrees)
    as for the spots im guessing either 4 120's or 2 140' on the top side of the case.
    2 140's or 120's on the side.

MSI Raedon 7870 2gb, I'm using the one click overclock included with my mobo also.

So I can fit an extra 2 fans on the side, and an extra 2 on top, 140mm right? Or 120mm? Or does that not matter? Would you recommend a certain brand for those types of fans or are they just all the same really.
    Last edited by -Skye; 2013-01-10 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    go for the biggest airflow option if you got enough power sockets on the mobo. (2 140's on the side and 4 120's on top)
    i'd recommend corsair/noctua ones but those don't have blue leds. (corsair ones do have a nice blue ring though)

Could I fit 4 120's on the top? it looks like it would only take 2 fans. Could I power them via my PSU if my mobo didn't have enough sockets? (it has 3 on 1 of which is used by the back fan) is coolermaster a good brand for fans? Also did you see the bit about the filters? Like is it possible to fit filters in front of fans to collect dust ^^?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Could I fit 4 120's on the top? it looks like it would only take 2 fans. Could I power them via my PSU if my mobo didn't have enough sockets? (it has 3 on 1 of which is used by the back fan) is coolermaster a good brand for fans? Also did you see the bit about the filters? Like is it possible to fit filters in front of fans to collect dust ^^?
    4 should fit on the top. (measure self to be sure/count amount of holes)
    CM is decent for fans, they are flashy and perform average.
    and yes you can put dust filters on the outside of the case iirc. (sharkoon got 120mm magnetic ones that are very easy to attach)
    else you can buy some standard filter or improvise some from an old pantyhouse . (so far i've actually been too lazy to get filters -_-)

So my shopping list is

4x 120mm fans
    2x 140mm fans
    dust filters
    flashy lights

Thanks ^^

PS: I assume they can be powered by the PSU instead of just the mobo?

Edit: after taking a look at the top of it with a ruler it looks like only 2 120's will fit
    Last edited by -Skye; 2013-01-10 at 10:26 PM.