Deleted

Mages on Galagon

Hi,

I have been raiding with my guild the past couple of weeks on galagon. Im kinda confused since its pretty hard to stay rotated with arcane on Galagon. I've tried to find forums or videos of mages on Galagon but couldnt find any. I have to stay above 80k dps and good to know is that im on the rotation of the buff also. My ilevel is 488 so i dont see any problem to stay above 80k.

My question is simple:

I want to know tips and tricks for mages on Galagon. different specs, talens ect is also welcomed.

go fire, watch combust impacts spread to legs, profit doing 130k

Gara'jal? Elegon? Garalon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Garaj'al? Garalon? Elegon?

?????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xatrazz View Post
    Hi,

I have been raiding with my guild the past couple of weeks on galagon. Im kinda confused since its pretty hard to stay rotated with arcane on Galagon. I've tried to find forums or videos of mages on Galagon but couldnt find any. I have to stay above 80k dps and good to know is that im on the rotation of the buff also. My ilevel is 488 so i dont see any problem to stay above 80k.

My question is simple:

I want to know tips and tricks for mages on Galagon. different specs, talens ect is also welcomed.
    Hey I'm currently ranked 15 world in arcane (chozen) yet I've got pretty bad gear. Use incanters ward on this fight. Your primary goal are the legs,don't bother with the one opposite side near the tanks. NEVER lose your 6 stacks. Never dip below 60% mana. Only use IW on legs (otherwise SAVE IT) and avoid popping it before his crush (you'll lose 2seconds of IW stunned). Go to town with arcane missiles on legs (always save 1 missile proc if all legs are dead until new one spawns). If all 3 accessible legs are dead just blast/scorch weave the body to regen as much as you can for legs again.

Here's my log : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=9792#Chozen

Quick tip also for legs : Use a barrage right before your alter time is about to expire, you'll pop right back to 6 stacks and you'll hit several targets. During bloodlust you should be able to pop CDs, AT, AMx2, Blast, Barrage

For best performances go fire, whilst I love fire my gear is fully optimized for arcane, which REALLY messes with fire performances.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2013-01-10 at 10:09 PM.

"good to know is that im on the rotation of the buff also." Must be Garalon.

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    Gara'jal? Elegon? Garalon?
    Perhaps Galleon?

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably won't find any videos or guides on Galagon simply because Galagon doesn't exist. I think you meant Garalon in Heart of Fear. You can go to youtube.com and type "Garalon 10 mage" or Garalon 25 mage" and multiple videos will pull up. I just tried it and many videos pulled up. I do it all the time on every fight to see their strat/and what the mage does. I generally pick up a tip or two to help myself or help the raid entirely.

Deleted
    Sorry Garalon is the right boss.. didnt recognize my spelling :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Hey I'm currently ranked 15 world in arcane (chozen) yet I've got pretty bad gear. Use incanters ward on this fight. Your primary goal are the legs,dont bothe with the one opposite side near the tanks. NEVER lose your 6 stack. Never dip below 60% mana. Only use IW on legs and avoid popping it before his crush (you'll lose 2seconds of IW stunned). Go to town with arcane missiles on legs.

Here's my log : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=9792#Chozen

Quick tip also for legs : Use a barage right before your alter time is about to expire, you'll pop right back to 6 stacks and you'll hit several targets.
    This is obviously an easy way to get 130k+ dps. His strat/raid may be different that yours. We have our two melee on the legs except the first 4 at the initial pull of the fight, and all ranged on the body unless the melee ask for help finishing off a leg. I don't ever attack the legs after the pull because our two melee tear the legs apart and have time to dps the body before the new leg has mended.

If you don't have to kite pheromones, personally I'd go with Rune of Power, and stand in the middle of the room and just dps the body of Garalon. Maybe throw up your NT or LB on a leg if possible, so it can cleave back to the body.

You can either chase legs like a melee because its fun and why the fuck not, with IW, (really good if legs aren't dying fast enough)
    or Rune of Power and dps body with some cleave from bomb and maybe missiles. (This works really good when your raid does the keep Garalon's left legs alive so you can LB and fire blast cleave)

Deleted
    Leave legs for other classes. Just go RoP and nuke the boss.