Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1) Yes definitely. I stopped playing it because I have a lot of other games to play, but it's still a good game and I'm a long time D2 player so of course I want it :P

2) No PVP... yet. They're taking a long time building it, hopefully that means it'll be good. The internet is full of bitching about D3, most of which is total whiny QQ bullcrap, but the delay in making PVP is one of the few legitimate issues with the game IMO.

3) There is definitely single player just not offline. In D1 you played totally offline so people hacked their character to the point that multiplayer (LAN) was unplayable. In D2 Blizzard hosted the game online through the old BNet to stop that happening again, but because not everyone was online back then and LAN parties were still popular they made it so you could make a character either on BNet or on your local PC (which you could then play with others over LAN - ofc that meant everyone haxxored their chars so that sucked as much as it did in D1). But the important thing is if you made an offline char you could never play it online which totally blew, because obviously if you could do that you could edit your char files while offline. In D3 they just removed the offline/LAN option so you can only play online (otherwise imagine how pissed people would be when they spent all that time playing offline only to find out they couldn't play that character online).

TLDR: yes you can play single player, in fact most people do most of the time, but you have to be online. It's a lot more fun with friends though!

4) All depends what you want to do. Once you beat the game on normal theres 3 higher difficulties to do it on, and your gear keeps improving but it's the same content. Just like D1 and D2. There's achievements this time though which I liked a lot. Takes a while to beat Inferno (unless you just buy all your BiS gear on the AH I guess which a lot of people do these days... and then wonder why it's hard to find upgrades herpaderp). And if you like grinding for the best gear in the game or for gold/$ selling stuff on the AH there's Paragon Levels once you max out as well, doing all that could take a long time. Not even counting making alts - the different classes all play very differently.

In short, try it and if you like the gameplay then it's definitely worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    1. Nope, woulden't rate it more than a B-title, aka 40 dollars worth. Even on launch it didn't deserve its AA-title 60 dollar price tag. The game was riddlede with game-breaking exploits and some classes had heavy bugs from immortality to near invincible builds.
    I played the first few weeks, that's an exaggeration. And that all got hotfixed pretty damn fast.

Also given that it's PVE only did it hurt anyone that a few builds were OP for a few weeks? And at release the game was so brutally hard that "invincible" meant you could survive for more than a few seconds LOL.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 01:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    To be fair though, this game plays different than Diablo 2, where the level cap was a long-term objective. Here, like WoW, you want to hit level cap to see what all your new abilities are. The game has never really put the story in the forefront, so seeing it doesn't really feel like "finishing the game".
    Sort of, although hitting level cap still takes a fair bit of time and the perception that the game is all about the max level is really a player thing not by design - if you like leveling new classes the leveling can be a large part of the game to you.

Also Paragon Levels were intended to bring back some of that feel you had in D2 of slowly grinding to level 99. Which I loathed personally... but Paragon Levels are kind of cool :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh, sorry. That was kind of a half reply to someone saying it should only cost $40. It's still $60.
    O mybad then lol. But ya I personally feel it was not worth 60$.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masta View Post
    1-) If it is released today would you still buy it ? Its still $60 long time after release.Do you think its worth ?

2-) People say its not an esports . Is it totaly for playing for vs-AI just like wow ? Totally unbalanced in pvp ?

3-) Is there any single player mode ? Can I host games and share my IP with my friends to make them join my game just like i do at diablo 2 ?

4-) If pvp in d3 is not good . How long does it keep me busy ? Im playing 3 hours per day after the work. How long does it to finish it without repetion ( heroic modes hard modes nightmares etc )

5-) I created an starter account and now downloading game to try. Its 15 gb . Is it 15gb for full game or it only downloads playable area with a starter account ?
    I'll chip in I guess

1) Not a 60$ game even at release; Glad I got mine for free.

2) There is no PVP ( Yet ) If there was balancing would never ever be done due to well the game is focused on you farming stuff, It was the same with D2.

3) Always online regardless

4) Not a hard game like you can do a couple of hours and destroy it.

1. No, glad I got it for free. 20$ as very maximum for this game.
    2. There is no pvp in this game yet.
    3. You can play it only on battle.net servers. Also for playing it in single player mode you must be always online.
    4. Maximum 2-3 evenings to beat normal.
    5. You downloaded all assets needed for running game in full mode.

As some posters wrote - check on Torchlight II and Path of Exile. I didn't play PoE (only read about it), so can't say about it much, but Torchlight II is a great game and beats D3 in all aspects.

Thanks alot for answers . Im going to check torchlight today.
    I Dont Read the signature rules

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1-) If it is released today would you still buy it ? Its still $60 long time after release.Do you think its worth ?

2-) People say its not an esports . Is it totaly for playing for vs-AI just like wow ? Totally unbalanced in pvp ?

3-) Is there any single player mode ? Can I host games and share my IP with my friends to make them join my game just like i do at diablo 2 ?

4-) If pvp in d3 is not good . How long does it keep me busy ? Im playing 3 hours per day after the work. How long does it to finish it without repetion ( heroic modes hard modes nightmares etc )

5-) I created an starter account and now downloading game to try. Its 15 gb . Is it 15gb for full game or it only downloads playable area with a starter account ?
    I used to pay between $100 and $160 per cartridge for my SNES in australia back in the day. Why must people always ask whether or not to buy a game thats free to play, with a low price of 50 bucks anyway? If moneys that tight reconsider.

Thanks alot for answers . Im going to check torchlight today.
    Buy it over steam when sales are up, then it can go for like 10-18 dollars. Personally I didn't find Torchlight2 that good - Played it around 75 hours, that gave me 1 character to level 100 and NG5+, and had it geared/enchanted to a point where I could somewhat handel even the harder things on elite mode. Its kinda...hate to say this, but casual like game.

Also Mormolyce@ Things like the regen-bug for Wizards making you near immortal (We'll it was fixed quit fast, but force armour still stayed relavent long time enough to many people invested into the build and lost much gold early on), or the now infamous life on kill hydra bug that was so game breaking its one of the reasons why Wizards where so good early on, and the fact that Krippirans mate, who played a Wizard was basicly overpowerd. I used the life on kill hydra bug myself, cause they were very slow at fixing it. Basicly I could heal myself from 1k HP to the average 25-30k HP you have as a Wizard inn 3-4 secs.

You must have played a monk then or whatever, dont recall that they had to many bugs, cause Wizards had atleast 5 or so BIG bugs fixed. And ofcourse the biggest one was insane immortality Archon + teleport bug, that only lasted for around 2 days, until babarian charge into Ghom stuff took over.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-01-11 at 05:28 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Well, you might get both Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 for a decent price at go2arena (simply google). I bought D3 from them for 29 euro.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this thread did was remind me of two things that REALLY pissed me off about D3.

One, the IAS Nerf. Bastards.

And two, the fact that there is no offline mode.

On a different note, someone earlier in the thread said that all you played D2 for was the gear grind and while that statement is partially true, I'd say there was ONE other reason: to try out all the specs.

In D2, if you wanted to have a Zealot AND a Hammerdin, well you had to level two different characters. Now while that sounds like a true pain in the ass, and it sometimes was, it gave the game something that D3 does not have: Longevity.

I have a level 60 of every class so I have fully played through the game 5 times and sans trying out Hardcore(which I will never do as I am not a Sadomasochist), I will never play through it again BECAUSE if I want to stop playing as an Archon Wizard and instead try out a Critical Mass build, all I have to do is hit the respect button and viola! Critical Mass Wizard.

So, in my opinion, that's the main problem with the game.
    Last edited by Dave131; 2013-01-11 at 11:10 PM.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

So this thread was made to promote another game ?

LOL

Sickening really.

Go ahead buy the crap. Enjoy the clunky combat of TL2. It is subpar in about every inch of its game play and design vs Diablo 3.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-12 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

LOL

Sickening really.

Go ahead buy the crap. Enjoy the clunky combat of TL2. It is subpar in about every inch of its game play and design vs Diablo 3.
    Tl2 is actually smoother for me (lvl100 engineer), maybe your just bad D3 and other blizzard games are great games but have great social ui's, viewing profiles, chat etc. No one does it better, wow is like a chat client with a game in the background.

I do enjoy d3 but its far more clunky with rubberbanding than tl2. I also like the way you can see through walls at certain angels in tl2. In A3 keeps, you cant see the arcane beam until you walk into the room.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-01-13 at 12:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

LOL

Sickening really.

It's very close to what games like Diablo 2 and the original one felt like something which Diablo 3 can't claim. I am wondering in what way TL2 is clunky though it felt fluent and improved over TL1 enough to accept it although one way or another you could nitpick over the little things which only may become an issue if you are having a predisposition. If you didn't like D2 and previous games you'll prefer D3 otherwise probably seeking for a game which emulates the D2 feeling better if that's what the genre defined for you. If you had no markers for that in first place you won't care and D3 will be fine. There is no clear cut for a better game it all depends on your demands and tastes.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

LOL

Sickening really.

What I find funny is a game made by former blizzard north members and around 25 other people seemed to make a better looking game and more fun to play then D3.

No one made this thread to promote another game. He asked a question about D3 and myself and a few others told him to check out TL2 since its 40$ cheaper. If he dose not like the style of TL2 he will not like the style of D3 since in the end its the same gameplay aka Grind kill Grind kill Grind kill.

If TL2 is so much worse then D3 then why in every game rating post from every website rate it higher then D3 and said its 10x better in everyway.

One major difference in TL2 and D3 is "Choice" Runic dose not force you to play the game there way they let you play it your way unlike diablo 3.

Lets not forget that D3 has been out almost a year and there is still no PVP in the game "OMG there about to come out with dueling only took 10 months." Can't wait to see how long it takes to release the rest of the game.

Also lets not forget that the game has been out almost a year and they still charge 60$ for it here in the US.

And finally lets not forget the lame ass story with "Spoiler" With Cain dyeing to a bunch of fucken butterfly's from a pixi chick

Most knew that going into TL2 the story would be decent at best but it was the gameplay people was wanting and got and its well worth the 20$.

Diablo has a really good story that D2 showed a lot of then D3 kinda shitted on.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-13 at 09:40 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I wouldn't waste money on it i was extremely disappointed personally. WAy better games those days probably way cheaper also.

I just got the game a few days ago. So far it's fun, and the visuals are awesome. But how long will it last, I don't know

picked it up today on amazon for 34.99. figured it's gotta be worth at least that.
    unfortunately it's back over 50 again.
    just put it in a cart and check it every couple days, eventually you will catch it on sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    D3/TL1-2 are all good games and fun.

D3 worth $60? No. But you shouldn't have to pay $60 for it any longer.

D3 isn't as bad as a lot of people say and is getting better over time as they fix it up. TL2 looks great, plays well and is has an aesthetic all its own (which you'll either like or not).

You can waste a lot of time with either game and that's a win as far as I'm concerned.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) No. The game isn't worth anywhere near 60$. It's more like a good 20$ game.

2.) D3 does not have any PvP at all and once they (if ever) release PvP, it's likely to be crap.

3.) No. You cannot even play offline.

4.) D3 can keep you busy if you enjoy farming the same stuff without any content updates until the end of time.

5.) I think it's around 12GB.

Other words: I recommend just getting Path of Exile. It's far better and cheaper. Comes out in 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Takes maybe 8 hours to play through the game.
    That long? Still?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    D3/TL1-2 are all good games and fun.

D3 worth $60? No. But you shouldn't have to pay $60 for it any longer.
    If OP is here in the US D3 is still 60$.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/diablo-iii/76157 "60$ + 6%tax"
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Diablo-III-PC-Mac/19237343 "54.14$ Out of Stuck Online Only +6% tax"
    http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Sta...rds=Diablo+III " 53.98$+shipping"

hell starcraft II didn't down to 40$ until like a year ago.