Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    you can find d3 on sale occasionally. Was on the ptr today for the pvp patch and it is simply lots of fun. I blew around 5 hours playing different specs and vsing other specs. some will say its not worth 60$ but ive gotten more hours out of this game then other games that costed 60$, to each their own though. I believe there is a free trial up to lvl 20 though if you want to try it out
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If OP is here in the US D3 is still 60$.
    There are sales from time to time. While the holidays are now over some patience is likely to be rewarded. I saw it for $30 last month at Walmart but that was certainly a holiday thing. There have been a few reports here and there about it being on sale at Amazon but that may have been a holiday deal as well.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There are sales from time to time. While the holidays are now over some patience is likely to be rewarded. I saw it for $30 last month at Walmart but that was certainly a holiday thing. There have been a few reports here and there about it being on sale at Amazon but that may have been a holiday deal as well.
    Most if not all of them where holiday deals. the only one that wasn't was toys R us that sold it for 15$ but that happen like 4 months back or so.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Diablo 3 costed me ... - 195 Euro.

Or the cost of the purchase (0 Euro) substracted by the money I gained by selling on the RMAH (195 euro).

Oh and for those saying this is no longer possible. While 10 Euro a month is not that much, it IS still adding to my PayPal account.

Diablo3 is the ONLY game that actually permits me to buy RPG boardgames (apart from selling old dual land Magic cards).

The only negative effect D3 had was that it stopped my WoW obsession, which saved me another 15 bucks in the last 3 months.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-16 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

Or the cost of the purchase (0 Euro) substracted by the money I gained by selling on the RMAH (195 euro).

Oh and for those saying this is no longer possible. While 10 Euro a month is not that much, it IS still adding to my PayPal account.

Diablo3 is the ONLY game that actually permits me to buy RPG boardgames (apart from selling old dual land Magic cards).

The only negative effect D3 had was that it stopped my WoW obsession, which saved me another 15 bucks in the last 3 months.
    last checked the US RMAH is near dead.

Also not everyone who plays d3 dose it for the RMAH if OP wants to grind and maybe make some money fine if he just wants a game to play then its shit.

The loot drops suck so therefor you could go months if not years without a decent item to sell on the RMAH and grind gold to sell is near pointless since you only get 1$ for like 10mil gold.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-16 at 10:20 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    last checked the US RMAH is near dead.

Also not everyone who plays d3 dose it for the RMAH if OP wants to grind and maybe make some money fine if he just wants a game to play then its shit.

The loot drops suck so therefor you could go months if not years without a decent item to see on the RMAH and grind gold to sell is near pointless since you only get 1$ for like 10mil gold.
    I make around 2 million Gold per day right now. One 15 minute group run without even using the AH is just 100k Gold.

I sell them in small packages of 10 million Gold every few days. That's 1.8 Euro NETTO per package sold.

It is quite casual to make 10 Euro a month with just the stuff you find. Not even playing 4 hours a day.

I imagine playing all day and do some more AH swapping could double that amount with ease.

But I just play for fun. All the rest is just taken with me. You should never play to earn money, but it is a nice side effect. Like playing poker or the roulette for 25 cents...

That 25 cents extra makes it better than playing with useless coins.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-16 at 10:27 AM.

I make around 2 million Gold per day right now. One 15 minute group run without even using the AH is just 100k Gold.

I sell them in small packages of 10 million Gold every few days. That's 1.8 Euro NETTO per package sold.

It is quite casual to make 10 Euro a month with just the stuff you find. Not even playing 4 hours a day.

I imagine playing all day and do some more AH swapping could double that amount with ease.

But I just play for fun. All the rest is just taken with me. You should never play to earn money, but it is a nice side effect. Like playing poker or the roulette for 25 cents...

That 25 cents extra makes it better than playing with useless coins.
    10 Euro a month from "not even 4 hours a day"... uh, sorry but I fail to see how it's a good deal. Each hour that I play instead of working costs me around 7$. 4 hours a day for a month, lets see, I lose approximately 840 bucks. So it's a net total loss of 825 dollars a month.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've not already bought D3 I'd recommended Path of Exile since there is no risk for checking the game out. Strictly my opinion for what it's worth but it offers far more depth then any current ARPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not play both?
    I think D3 is worth the $60 and I've picked up TL1+2, however only played a bit of TL2 so far and I like that game too.

Got D3 via AP, so that had no single drawback and TL2 is pretty much like FATE.

Both are quite different and our opinion isn't yours so decide for yourself of try both if you have the cash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masta View Post
    1-) If it is released today would you still buy it ? Its still $60 long time after release.Do you think its worth ?

2-) People say its not an esports . Is it totaly for playing for vs-AI just like wow ? Totally unbalanced in pvp ?

3-) Is there any single player mode ? Can I host games and share my IP with my friends to make them join my game just like i do at diablo 2 ?

4-) If pvp in d3 is not good . How long does it keep me busy ? Im playing 3 hours per day after the work. How long does it to finish it without repetion ( heroic modes hard modes nightmares etc )

5-) I created an starter account and now downloading game to try. Its 15 gb . Is it 15gb for full game or it only downloads playable area with a starter account ?
    1) no. I returned mine for a refund and I woudl not pay more than £10 for it now. Not when I can consider the quality that other games have for a much cheaper price tag then D3
    2) No pvp, it was promised, but its been pulled, and they will at some point in the future put in a duel mode......or maybe not, I woudl not hold my breath. Check out path of exile beta, that has pvp, if you really want pvp
    3) no, Bnet only, all the time, so be prepared to put up with lag, rubberbanding, disconnects and maintenance periods, which make hardcore "interesting".
    4) To play through less than 8 hours, its very linear. And then its just upped difficulty but the same story again for the other difficulty levels.
    5) No idea, but I assume most of the game is in the starter, its just maps really in the rest so it cant be much bigger.

Personally, I'd avoid until price drops massively. Check out Torchlight 2 for a cheaper superior game, or look into path of exile which is shaping up nicely in beta.

This may help in your decision...

Pros - Fun Gameplay, interesting classes.

Con - Really bad plot, Repetition, Mandatory internet connection, Real money auction house, Lack of PVP or any different kinds of gameplay.

1. Hell noooooooooooo (unless u making money of RLAH), specially with Path of Exile comming out in 2days time and is Free to play and free to download.
    2. pvp wait 8months for dueling why not just release dueling at start
    3. No but u can have 3 other friends play with you on the d3 server
    4. Act 1 - 4 nm is same story as Act 1 - 4 inferno
    5. 15gigs of rubbish

Advice
    Get Path of Exile rather
    http://www.pathofexile.com/

Good for you. I personally didn't get D3 to earn a couple of bucks. I got D3 to have fun, and the AH ruined that.

Edit: not saying that you are not having fun. Just saying that I wasn't having fun.
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2013-01-22 at 12:37 PM.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    If your a fan of the series go and get it and judge for yourself. If ask the internet anything you'll always find someone with a dissenting view.

PoE is a good game, but it hasn't involved me too much - i like the humongus skill system anyway.

Back on topic:
    1.) No. I bought the CE, and i'm happy with it - so no regrets. But i have to be honest, not a 60$ game at release (it probably will become better, but still too late).

2.) No PvP. Not much a point to have it anyway in a PvE game. Didn't buy D3 for PvP there are much better games around.

3.) No, but even if online you can disable quick join so no one bothers you - but coop with friends is fun.

4.) I love farming, so i'm enjoying it - perfect as a filler game with longer sessions with new patches. If you don't like farming, you'll burn the game over the AH buying top end gear and farming for literally nothing.

5.) Around 12GB.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    A few months ago it was Tl2, now POE. Soon it will be Grim Dawn.

My advice is don't trust the FOTM crowd.
    I'd say it's a decent game, but don't take my word for it and try the demo to see how you like it. And by all means try the other stuff as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    I've played all three fairly extensively (not grim) and clearly its subjective and strictlly my opinion but PoE is by far the best with that being said maybe to difficult or involved for some players. Since it's f2p in a day it's low risk to try and make up your own mind.

Check out the D3 free trial the game isn't terrible but a game that revolves arond a RMAH / AH for BiS loot progression is a bad design in my eyes it just takes some people longer then others to come to this conclusion.

I like much more the painting graphics of D3, maybe that's why TL2 or PoE didn't hit the nail for me. Anyway, there are way more than decent alternatives, just try all three and focus on the one you like more.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    play dota its "free"

ot:

i didnt like tl1 so im not gonna try tl2, i might try poe but the graphics kind of put me off.

also just because an original is in it doesnt mean its gd.. sort of like MUD and then its followers
    Last edited by mmocf391b05d2d; 2013-01-22 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post

My advice is don't trust the FOTM crowd.
    people play T2 and PoE just launched. and oh my god, does grim dawn look sweet or what. can't wait for this one. hopefully they will stick with the style and mood and don't put no deserts or fancy colors in there.