Nintendo DS, DSi, 3DS | Games to play

Hello,

I was thinking about buying a 3DS XL for myself in the near future. I read so much about Nintendo games, but never had the chance to play any.
    Games like Mario, Zelda, Layton, Ace Attorney, Pokémon and other great titles.

I would like to start the series in order, so starting from DS first releases.

Can someone knowledgeable tell me some awesome must play games in order of release dates (inside series)?
    I would really appreciate it.

I know there were around 2000 games released to all platforms, starting from 2004. That's 9 years worth of games.

Tell me about the all around favorites, YOUR personal favorites, and the rare gems!

Well personally I think Ive out-grown all the classic nintendo characters like mario etc. Just not anything for me more.

Personally Ive just been enjoying Pokemon, and I tried Zelda ocarina of time for the 3DS but I tough it was very booring and annoying game.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    if you wanna start playing Pokemon go with B/W 2, i'd also suggest Kid Icarus Uprising, KH3D, Legend of Zelda 3D Ocarina Of Time, New Super Mario Bros, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranox View Post
    if you wanna start playing Pokemon go with B/W 2, i'd also suggest Kid Icarus Uprising, KH3D, Legend of Zelda 3D Ocarina Of Time, New Super Mario Bros, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia.
    Hmm.. I read up on Pokemon b/w2 and it says it's the direct sequel to b/w story wise, shouldn't I start with those than?
    The other stuff seems interesting too .

Any less known good titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Well personally I think Ive out-grown all the classic nintendo characters like mario etc. Just not anything for me more.

Personally Ive just been enjoying Pokemon, and I tried Zelda ocarina of time for the 3DS but I tough it was very booring and annoying game.
    "I've out grown fun, all I do now is just smoke pipe, and read news paper from dawn til dusk."

How do you outgrow Mario?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Hmm.. I read up on Pokemon b/w2 and it says it's the direct sequel to b/w story wise, shouldn't I start with those than?
    The other stuff seems interesting too .
    If you're into the story, then you can. Beating B/W can give you some content (and reference of your previous trainer) for B2/W2. But that's assuming you have another DS around.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Deleted
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin/Order of Ecclesia and all of the Professor Layton games are just some of the gems the DS hides,
    i would also suggest looking up the two Mario Luigi games, the first one named Partners in Time and the second Bowser's Inside story.

Really epic game, i myself have over 110 games for the console and continously going up.

Deleted
    Mario and Luigi Bowser´s inside story.

Awesome RPG game with good music and many funny moments.

Radiant Historia
    Rune Factory 3
    Pokemon b/w and the sequels
    Pokemon Heart Gold + Soul Silver
    Dragon Quest 9 + all the remakes
    Final Fantasy remakes
    Chrono Trigger
    Etrian Odyssey
    Mario Kart DS
    Kirby Super Star Ultra
    Kirby Mass Attack

For 3DS...

Code Princess
    Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
    OOT
    Adventure Time
    Kid Icarus Uprising
    Mario Kart 7

How can you outgrow them when they don't have an age limit? Did you outgrow fun too? Also, boring and annoying... I don't comprehend.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-01-10 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    "I've out grown fun, all I do now is just smoke pipe, and read news paper from dawn til dusk."

How do you outgrow Mario?
    We'll I just dont find the genre fun anymore. I played it quit abit on the old Gameboy coulor when I was a kid, but cant be arsed with mario anymore. In general Nintendo characters does not interest me at all.

Edit; And with Zelda, I just coulden't be arsed to complete it. To dull combat on bosses and in general combat outside of bosses are very little, and basicly its just a platform game with puzzle elements you haft to figure out. But thats just my POV.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

To dull combat on bosses and in general combat outside of bosses are very little, and basicly its just a platform game with puzzle elements you haft to figure out. But thats just my POV.
    You're not wrong. Zelda isn't a really heavy game on combat, it's more about puzzles and solving them. To each their own.

Deleted
    Both Zeldas - Phantom hourglass and Spirit tracks are must buy if u own a nintendo ds/3ds. Not buying them (imo) would devalue the console. Also the puzzles are way better than in most games. In addition to those, Chrono trigger and Castlevanias are quite jewels also.
    Last edited by mmoc08bbbf072a; 2013-01-11 at 12:12 AM.

The Professor Layton game is an excellent puzzle series exclusive to the DS/3DS. While some of the more recently released games are chronologically earlier than their predecessors, I'd say it's very much worth starting with Professor Layton and the Curious Village. They sort of only get better, so starting with the cheapest (and oldest) one and moving upwards would probably be a good strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome games for 3DS:

Out Now:

Ocarina of Time
    Mario Tennis Open
    Mario Kart 7
    Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
    Super Mario 3D Land
    Kid Icarus Uprising

Coming Soon:
    Monster Hunter Ultimate
    Animal Crossing New Leaf

Coming Maybe:
    New Super Smash Bros

I highly recommend the Layton and Ace Attorney series, especially since you've already expressed some interest in them. You could start from the 3rd Layton if you're unsure about the series (it's the best and a mostly standalone story), but I'd just play them in release order if money's not an issue.
    Note that they're pretty text heavy, especially Ace Attorney which is basically a visual novel.

I've noticed lots of people saying Pokemon B/W and HG/SS. They are the best, but don't ignore Platinum. Not everybody's a fan of 4th gen, but it's still worth trying.
    As for Pokemon spinoffs, the Mystery Dungeon games are actually really good.
    Conquest is a pretty decent strategy game too, but unless you really need your Pokemon fix Advance Wars is the way to go for that genre (or Fire Emblem, but I've only played one of them so I can't recommend the DS games).

On the eShop, check out Pushmo. New Nintendo IP, and a really good puzzle game. Haven't had a chance to try Crashmo yet, but it might be even better.

Edit; And with Zelda, I just coulden't be arsed to complete it. To dull combat on bosses and in general combat outside of bosses are very little, and basicly its just a platform game with puzzle elements you haft to figure out. But thats just my POV.
    How is Zelda anything like a platformer? It's an action/adventure and puzzle game. I guess there are a few platformer-ish sections scattered around.
    Other than that I won't argue with you, I guess it's just not your kind of game. It's not really about the combat.

Also I'd add Rune Factory 4 to 3DS, however, it's taking too long to be translated and shipped out to US/EU, so I'm getting anxious if it's even going to happen. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is a MUST play title for NDS.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Thanks a lot! Lot's of things on my list now :3.
    Now I only need more spare time and a cart of cash to get it .