Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

TERA Online Going Free-To-Play in February

Hot damn!

Got to love the jab at SWTOR.

This will probably help too: Official FAQ
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-01-09 at 02:28 PM.

Hoping this works out for them, I'll more than likely play some once it goes free as I loved the game but couldn't justify the sub fee for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck yeah, think I'll go and hop on the US servers then. Game should be great for a F2P game, just the latency on US and the shitty service on EU couldn't really justify a sub.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

About time.

that is all

so, no EU? does the US version have any problems if you play it in EU?;p

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    so, no EU? does the US version have any problems if you play it in EU?;p
    You will see F2P in EU about this time in 20.6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    It's not awful but expect some latency. I tried it ~1 month ago with a "play for free til lvl 20" account and I had around ~100-160 in latency.
    And I noticed there's a bit more shit-talking in the general channels.
    Ah well, better than nothing; and certainly better than paying the sub;P

Deleted
    http://kotaku.com/5974467/tera-goes-...-trial-version

Gonna drop it in here. I'm probably going to join Tera soon.

looks like ill be trying the f2p, i think i did get a beta invite for this at one point but after being burnt out on wow i never followed through, looks like ill get a nice chance to try it next month.

how many decent mmos left now than aren't f2p not many i'm thinking. :O

oh and the stab at swtor on that vid made me chuckle aswell. sounds like this will have one of the best F2P models if the guy isn't skimping on the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    oh and the stab at swtor on that vid made me chuckle aswell. sounds like this will have one of the best F2P models if the guy isn't skimping on the details.
    Looking at the FAQ the only real downsides I'm seeing is limited bank space, limited auction house space, and only two character slots. All of which can be rectified with purchases, I'm sure.

There might be more to it, but that's the impression I've gotten.

sounds a bit like fallen earths f2p model then, for the most part you can work around them restrictions i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You will see F2P in EU about this time in 20.6 years.
    I though this to but here's the EU announcement with links to what you get.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=134993

From what i see it's almost identical to the NA version which surprises me given gameforges record but yeah...i'll reinstall it

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually bought a month of Tera a few days ago and started leveling a warrior (Thanks sword art online lol). This new announcement sounds good to me, especially considering ill have founder status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw this coming a while ago, and it was basically stated when the Korean version went F2P.

Thus far from what I've seen, they have a pretty solid F2P model that doesn't shaft subscribers (though I'm no expert on the game), especially for "founder" members. Quite pleased and excited to jump back in the game.

I really really like the vid though, "add rather than restrict". Nice jabs at BioWares model there too. I actually really liked the vid despite my dislike of Brian Knox (he totally fucked up the Aion localization). The fact that he mentioned that they need to pay the bills, as inconsquential/small as it may be, made me really happy for some reason. I imagine because of the honesty behind the statement and the fact that he acknowledges it while they are still delivering a solid model that's super friendly to free players.

Deleted

i rest my case, finally i can pick this game up again

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'll be giving this game a try then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, Ill be jumping on board to check it out as well. Man so many games going f2p now, I can barely keep up.

Deleted
    I had beta but never used it, and I dont think I will try the f2p version...
    But I heard that there is a pvp patch of the motherlord incoming, but what does it mean in reality? Every game that gives pvp a fair shot might be worth checking out, if the pvp starts with the game or close to it (say lvl 10 the latest for pvp to begin). I dont like pve questing leveling kind of style... not in order to get to the good stuff (pvp) something most mmos out there actually managed... leveling in pvp is fun, leveling with boring quests isnt (star wars however had both fun pvp leveling and pve leveling so you could mix depending on todays mood).
    So far questing and killing mobs seems to be only viable leveling option in this game right?

YEESSSS!!!

I will now be playing Tera in addition to rift, swtor, lotro, firefall, and gw2.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    AWWW HELL YEAH!
    Finally my little Elin Lancer will get some love again. :3