Glory of the Pandaria Hero Question

I only need one achievement to finish this meta, but I have a problem that I just though of (thankfully).

My question is, if I finish the meta on my alt, will the mount be mail to my main? Reason being, I do not have the riding skill on my alt, so I do not think I will be able to learn the mount when he gets it.

Only reason I ask is because the last achievement I have is the Polyformic Acid Science and my alt only needs 3 where my main needs all but 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be mailed to your alt if I recall - but once you use it, you can still access it on your main.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to use it on your alt without Cloud Serpent rep... I'd speak to a GM

Not that the Polyformic Acid Science achievement is difficult once you got the vial ...

It takes like 4 days to get to exalted with the new BoA commendation, nothing to worry about.

I got this just the other day, it doesn't even give you a mail, it just automatically adds the mount to your spellbook which is available on every character on the account. You need Cloud Serpent Riding to use it, but it is unlocked on everyone.

Er you mean cloud serpent riding? I thought you could learn cloud serpents without the riding skill just not use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I got this just the other day, it doesn't even give you a mail, it just automatically adds the mount to your spellbook which is available on every character on the account. You need Cloud Serpent Riding to use it, but it is unlocked on everyone.
    I just spent the past hour getting all but two on my main LOL. Oh well, thanks guys. Good to know for the future!

Deleted
    I've had the meta completed since week 2 of MoP, still can't ride the damn thing coz I cba grinding rep :P

It gets added to your mounts but it is red if you can't use it...

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    QFT

You don't get mounts in the mail anymore. They just get added automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    It takes like 4 days to get to exalted with the new BoA commendation, nothing to worry about.
    Takes alot less if you look for the 21 Eggs you'll need after doing the starting few quests to actually pick your dragonling...

Either way, On topic, i didnt think you could get 1 achievement for the meta on an alt,and the rest on a different character, i didnt think they allowed that to work did they?

Deleted
    Get someone with a two-seater mount, farm the Onyx Egg items on the Windward Isle cliffs. Each gives 500 rep base with Cloud Serpent, do to Revered, buy Commendation, farm some more, do quest chain, enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Either way, On topic, i didnt think you could get 1 achievement for the meta on an alt,and the rest on a different character, i didnt think they allowed that to work did they?
    Most, if not all Metas are account wide now. Polyformic Acid Science can be achieved on one character and it will show in the meta for all your other characters. However, you cannot complete part of Polyformic Acid Science on one toon and try to finish the rest on another it won't work that way.

(Basically, criteria within an achievement has to be completed by one toon
    but you can complete other achievements to count towards a meta on any toon.)
    Last edited by S Blieft; 2013-01-17 at 10:59 AM.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    It'll be mailed to your alt if I recall - but once you use it, you can still access it on your main.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to use it on your alt without Cloud Serpent rep... I'd speak to a GM
    Yes, it will be mailed to the char you have completed the final achievement for the meta achievment, and yes, you can learn the mount even if you don't know Cloud Serpent riding.

[edit]Of course it won't be mailed, you just learn it automatically. I think you get a plain letter.[/edit]

Deleted
    I still don't understand the logic behind these.... Some mounts are automatically added. Some are mailed.
    Finished my icc10 meta the other day and had it instantly added to mount screen. However, yesterday I finished pandaren ambassador (or whatever it's called, getting all pandaren reps exalted) and got an e-mail with the kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    I just spent the past hour getting all but two on my main LOL. Oh well, thanks guys. Good to know for the future!
    Achievements are account wide, so if you do 15 achievements on your alt, then finish the rest on your main you will still complete it and still get the mount.