View Poll Results: What should we do about it, if anything?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative: Double down and don't give in to the liberal media.

    15 27.27%
  • Conservative: Kick out the pro-lifers, but draw the line there and make our stand.

    5 9.09%
  • Conservative: Kick out all of the factions, without exception.

    1 1.82%
  • Conservative: Other (please state in reply)

    2 3.64%
  • Liberal: If I were you, I'd double down and not give in to the liberal media.

    5 9.09%
  • Liberal: If I were you I'd kick out the pro-lifers and draw the line there.

    8 14.55%
  • Liberal: If I were you I'd kick out all of the factions without exception.

    6 10.91%
  • Liberal: If I were you, I'd do something else entirely (please state in reply).

    13 23.64%
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    Yes it is, nobody is forcing them to have sex at least once a month. Or as another member pointed out, once a day.
    And Sandra Fluke's point was that people use these pills for medical reasons other than sex. Rush took this, twisted it to something she wasn't even arguing about, and basically called her a slut.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  2. #282
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Well right, I mean we're selfish like anyone else but we're not monsters.
    So your argument kinda falls apart... You said they were american rights - but apparently not :P

  3. #283
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    I didn't know she had a show, just knew she was nuts.
    I don't think she does. Just every time she's on Fox and I hear about it's some the most hateful, spiteful rhetoric I've seen.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    No it's not.

    Regardless of whether a woman has sex or not, if she wants to be proactive about keeping herself from getting pregnant, she will take her pills regardless of whether she's having sex or not. Just because a woman takes a birth control pill every day/week/month/whatever time frame, does not mean she's having sex during that time frame. It just means she's prepared if she happens to.

    It's preventative, not reactive, medicine.
    If you are worried that you might have sex every day, then you might have other problems.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I chose the last option on your list (Liberal, other) because I don't think just getting rid of pro-life crowd is enough. Also, the option to kick out all factions seems nonsensical to me, if there are no factions left how do you have a party?

    In my opinion, the republican party needs to drop the following factions/stances:
    1) Pro-life /anti-choice
    2) Anti gay
    3) Anti science (evolution, climate, big bang, earth age)

    Basically, drop the social conservative stuff and focus your party on issues which concern economics, welfare, foreign policy, regulations, etc.
    Why should they have to do that, when only number 3 is stupid? I voted not to give in to liberal media. That is worse than losing.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    Some of them won't, but that doesn't mean all of them won't. Also, who is to say the United Nations or non-military police forces won't be involved, as opposed to the military itself?
    Every single person in our military is a volunteer. Every single person in the military takes an oath to the Constitution first and foremost.

    The fact that you think they would shoot us, whether we have guns or not, disturbs me, Swazi.

    The government is not some evil machine sitting somewhere hatching up plans to control you. It consists of normal people just like ourselves. This reasoning, that government is an "it", that you and many others recently have, bugs me to no end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Why should they have to do that, when only number 3 is stupid? I voted not to give in to liberal media. That is worse than losing.
    Because so is number 2. And number 1.

  8. #288
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    So your argument kinda falls apart... You said they were american rights - but apparently not :P
    You misunderstand. I meant that they are not rights that some universal force bestowed upon us. They were created by the institution of the United States. They may overlap with the rights of many other countries, but they only exist because we collectively chose to create them. And we didn't selflessly extend some of these rights to non-citizens. Likely, they were simply deemed to have little to no detriment against our own interests, so it was more of a "might as well" decision.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    If you are worried that you might have sex every day, then you might have other problems.
    Do you know a single woman? I swear. This is common behavior among single women that don't want to get pregnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

  10. #290
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Why should they have to do that, when only number 3 is stupid? I voted not to give in to liberal media. That is worse than losing.
    And #2 isn't stupid? Still waiting for that non-religious explanation from conservatives as to why homosexuality is so bad.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Do you know a single woman? I swear. This is common behavior among single women that don't want to get pregnant.
    Really? Why would a single woman sleep with someone she just met (or at the very least, just started going out with) today?

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Do you know a single woman? I swear. This is common behavior among single women that don't want to get pregnant.
    he's saying if you take it once a day you're having sex once a day and that's bad

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    Rush never said that, Rush said that "we can deal with four more years of Obama, but can we deal with four more years of the kind of people who would elect him?" Which is a very intellectual and thought-provoking statement.
    No it's not, because it's the basic problem with most GOP supporters today.

    Before the election, it was all about how bad Obama was, and Americans just wouldn't stand for it. There was no way Obama would win re-election.
    After the election, "well, it looks like there are more moochers than producers."

    The GOP is its own worst enemy, because it doesn't understand what Democrats and liberals vote for.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 09:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    And Sandra Fluke's point was that people use these pills for medical reasons other than sex. Rush took this, twisted it to something she wasn't even arguing about, and basically called her a slut.
    No, he called her a slut. There was no basically in there. Prostitute as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

  14. #294
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    You know, I keep misreading the title of this thread as "Is the left engaging in Sasami tactics?"

    Which I would support wholeheartedly. There are few problems that can't be solved through magical girls and engrish.

    But none of you have any idea what I'm talking about, because nobody else on Earth has ever seen that show...

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    And #2 isn't stupid? Still waiting for that non-religious explanation from conservatives as to why homosexuality is so bad.
    I'm sorry, but I cannot help you in this department. I'm a conservative and I fully support gay rights. In fact, one of my closest friends is a lesbian.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    he's saying if you take it once a day you're having sex once a day and that's bad
    Then he doesn't understand birth control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

  17. #297
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    If you are worried that you might have sex every day, then you might have other problems.
    Alright, lets assume women DO want to have sex. It's perfectly natural after all, it's part of our instinctual drive.

    What would you rather have, welfare pay for unwanted babies (a few hundred thousand a year) or welfare to pay for contraceptives (a few thousand, if that, a year.)?

    Of course, the cheapest way is to not have sex at all, but humans are humans and it's been proven to be more economically sound to plan for the worst than to hope for the best. Right now, we do the former, pay for welfare babies. But imagine if more poor women had better access to birth control. Now we don't have to pay for as many wanted babies. Contraceptives are cheaper. Contraceptives are fiscally conservative.

    Yes, you are right, women should not have sex (and neither should men) if they are not financially secure or careful to not become pregnant (or to impregnate in the case of men). But we do not live in a perfect world, we should plan for such contingencies. It is better for society, for everyone involved, to avoid unwanted pregnancies and contraceptives are one of those steps.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    Really? Why would a single woman sleep with someone she just met (or at the very least, just started going out with) today?
    I and a few others have pointed out why Rush and your logic is flawed on this.

    I don't know any other way to explain it to you. You don't take a birth control pill every day because you expect to have sex each and every day. You take a birth control pill every day because that's how the medicine works.

    Bold and italics so you actually read what I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Man, there really should have been an Xzibit cameo in Inception.

  19. #299
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    Really? Why would a single woman sleep with someone she just met (or at the very least, just started going out with) today?
    Because sex is awesome?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  20. #300
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I don't think she does. Just every time she's on Fox and I hear about it's some the most hateful, spiteful rhetoric I've seen.
    I know of a group of college students had arranged for her to come to a big Catholic University in the Bronx (NYC borough) that my sister goes to and the school had to send out a letter saying they didn't agree with any thing she said and that they wish she wasn't coming. Ultimately she ended up not going because the student body nor the schools leaders wanted her coming so the group of students didn't want to look bad.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •