View Poll Results: What should we do about it, if anything?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative: Double down and don't give in to the liberal media.

    15 27.27%
  • Conservative: Kick out the pro-lifers, but draw the line there and make our stand.

    5 9.09%
  • Conservative: Kick out all of the factions, without exception.

    1 1.82%
  • Conservative: Other (please state in reply)

    2 3.64%
  • Liberal: If I were you, I'd double down and not give in to the liberal media.

    5 9.09%
  • Liberal: If I were you I'd kick out the pro-lifers and draw the line there.

    8 14.55%
  • Liberal: If I were you I'd kick out all of the factions without exception.

    6 10.91%
  • Liberal: If I were you, I'd do something else entirely (please state in reply).

    13 23.64%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
LastLast
  1. #401
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,324
    Sorry man, you lost me on "I was listening to Rush Limbaugh".
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  2. #402
    Herald of the Titans Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You can start by ending the utter misconception that Rush Limbaugh is a source of any kind of rational thought.
    Yep. You really dont need to read anything else. In fact when ever a post starts with I was listening to Rush Limbaugh just stop.

  3. #403
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yeah, a lot of people I see calling Rush an idiot aren't calling for him to be taken off the air.
    If you're anywhere at all to the left of Rush--which face it isn't too hard--why would you want him off the air? Quite apart from the fact that he makes lots of bucks for radio stations which is why they continue to run him, he's useful since Republicans generally won't disavow him which makes them look as if they're agreeing with him.

    If anyone needs to make Rush irrelevant, it's Republicans. He hurts them more than he helps.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  4. #404
    High Overlord shadowdasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Blaine, MN
    Posts
    169
    So I got to about the 4th page (can't believe it took me that long to see it) and I'm calling troll on this guy or if he's truly serious then he's so blinded it's sad. . The "gun control increases violence" post was the kicker. A quick google search can dispel that nonsense and 90% of the other crap he's spewing.
    No wonder I burned my republican member card.

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    So I got to about the 4th page (can't believe it took me that long to see it) and I'm calling troll on this guy or if he's truly serious then he's so blinded it's sad. . The "gun control increases violence" post was the kicker. A quick google search can dispel that nonsense and 90% of the other crap he's spewing.
    No wonder I burned my republican member card.

    Watch out they will infract you for calling him that

  6. #406
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Helwet View Post
    Watch out they will infract you for calling him that
    Should probably read the rules.

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If anyone needs to make Rush irrelevant, it's Republicans. He hurts them more than he helps.
    Exactly this. Which is why I really, really hope they keep Rush around for a long time to come. The "move farther right" strategy is an astoundingly effective way of losing national elections.

  8. #408
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    17,955
    There's no such thing as the liberal media. American media has a corporate bias.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If you're anywhere at all to the left of Rush--which face it isn't too hard--why would you want him off the air? Quite apart from the fact that he makes lots of bucks for radio stations which is why they continue to run him, he's useful since Republicans generally won't disavow him which makes them look as if they're agreeing with him.

    If anyone needs to make Rush irrelevant, it's Republicans. He hurts them more than he helps.
    Radio station money has dropped pretty significantly since the Sandra Fluke incident (and still falling). If this keeps up he may not be making them money for much longer.

  10. #410
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There's no such thing as the liberal media. American media has a corporate bias.
    fact /10chars

  11. #411
    High Overlord Daskapital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There's no such thing as the liberal media. American media has a corporate bias.
    This. Leftists don't own anything, so its pretty laughable to pretend they control the most influential institutions in society.

  12. #412
    Immortal Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,913
    People make up conspiracy theories, so it can match their perceived reality. When confronted with opposing evidence, just apply more conspiracy to it.

    OT: I believe they are engaging in bratwurst tactics, last I heard.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  13. #413
    I'm having a hard time finding the post that swazi was banned for. Can someone point me in the right direction? Seems odd he got banned and many others here did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

  14. #414
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,948
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    I'm having a hard time finding the post that swazi was banned for. Can someone point me in the right direction? Seems odd he got banned and many others here did not.

    It might have not been on this thread :s

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It might have not been on this thread :s
    I got through page two of his post history clicking posts that could even remotely signal infraction from a mod, but didn't find anything yet.

    On topic: The liberal hate for Rush is quite amusing. Foaming at the mouth for even mentioning his name by (mostly) those that have never bothered to listen to a show before jumping on the bandwagon. I picture murlocs.

    Though I don't think most actually want something bad to happen, I have to agree with swazy that it doesn't take extreme liberals too long (read: a few hours or less) to start capitalizing on a tragedy with public statements to further an agenda, rather than caring about the lives lost. I'm quite astounded that NFL broadcaster didn't lose his job - he should have for his complete lack of tact. He's become a joke for the network and reflects poorly upon it. Calls for bans on items that logically have no connection to shootings are how you can tell those people apart from someone whom actually cares.
    Last edited by cutterx2202; 2013-01-13 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

  16. #416
    Scarab Lord JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    4,146
    1. What is a salami tactic? (TLDR, sorry)
    2. The left wanting to take peoples liberties is just as true as the right wanting to take peoples money.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    I'm proud to be xenophobic.
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Leaving the EU would not in any way pose a negative impact on the UK's economy or means/ability to trade with countries within the EU.

  17. #417
    Social conservatism should be eradicated in the arena of ideas, as it's failed at absolutely every juncture of morality, and a retrospective view of nations always shows that retrograde, socially conservative ideas are destructive. Personally, I don't much care what tactics are used to to eliminate these ideas, provided it's done in a peaceful manner.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 11:02 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    I got through page two of his post history clicking posts that could even remotely signal infraction from a mod, but didn't find anything yet.
    Talking about the cause of bans is verboten here, FYI. If you really want to know, send Swazi a PM. It's entirely possible that he was banned for a PM he sent someone else. Really though, who cares? I've been banned for spectacularly stupid shit, there's no "lefties get away with everything!" whine that's valid.

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    On topic: The liberal hate for Rush is quite amusing. Foaming at the mouth for even mentioning his name by (mostly) those that have never bothered to listen to a show before jumping on the bandwagon. I picture murlocs.
    I listened to him sufficiently when I used to drive ~10-15 minutes each way to lunch to know that I consider him little more than a very, very popular troll. That people consider him a serious figure is absolutely bizarre to me.

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I chose the last option on your list (Liberal, other) because I don't think just getting rid of pro-life crowd is enough. Also, the option to kick out all factions seems nonsensical to me, if there are no factions left how do you have a party?

    In my opinion, the republican party needs to drop the following factions/stances:
    1) Pro-life /anti-choice
    2) Anti gay
    3) Anti science (evolution, climate, big bang, earth age)

    Basically, drop the social conservative stuff and focus your party on issues which concern economics, welfare, foreign policy, regulations, etc.
    1. I am pro-life, i am not sure what other stance i could personally take on this issue, other than preventative measures should be something we focus on more? Why even get to the point where you have to have a moral debate on whether or not your taking a human life. There are also situations that i am a believer in choice, like when a women is raped or the pregnancy endangers the woman's life. Again though at that point why not just get the morning after contraceptive, which is readily available. Even if they are to scared or traumatized to come forward they could probably deal with this before it gets to the point of abortion.

    2.My personal belief whatever it may be should not effect policy. Therefore i believe that no group should stifle the rights of another group over personal opinions rather everyone in this country has the same right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Hence yes change this archaic stand and war on the gays in america.

    3. As for being Anti-Science i am a christian and believe in science, and also understand its importance to us as a species and believe that science itself is one of the greatest gifts god ever gave to humanity. The ability to better ourselves and become stronger through our minds, fueled by our passions.

    I myself who was raised Republican feel dis-enfranchised with the party, and i just cant get behind the left, because more often than not they attack our constitution or find it an archaic document that has no bearing on us as a people today. The only time the constitution should be adjusted is when it infringes on the rights of a group of people, otherwise its pretty solid in most respects.

  19. #419
    The Lightbringer Yirrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where the Zebras roam!
    Posts
    3,657
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Though I don't think most actually want something bad to happen, I have to agree with swazy that it doesn't take extreme liberals too long (read: a few hours or less) to start capitalizing on a tragedy with public statements to further an agenda, rather than caring about the lives lost.
    Wanting to prevent similar incidents = caring for the lives lost. The fact that you don't agree with the method doesn't change this in the least.
    Want ACTA? No? Say NO to TTIP! Want GMO's? No? Say NO to TTIP! Want your country controlled by US buisness interests? No? Say NO to TTIP!

  20. #420
    There is no left in America.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •