Poll: What should we do about it, if anything?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm having a hard time finding the post that swazi was banned for. Can someone point me in the right direction? Seems odd he got banned and many others here did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    I'm having a hard time finding the post that swazi was banned for. Can someone point me in the right direction? Seems odd he got banned and many others here did not.

It might have not been on this thread :s

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It might have not been on this thread :s
    I got through page two of his post history clicking posts that could even remotely signal infraction from a mod, but didn't find anything yet.

On topic: The liberal hate for Rush is quite amusing. Foaming at the mouth for even mentioning his name by (mostly) those that have never bothered to listen to a show before jumping on the bandwagon. I picture murlocs.

Though I don't think most actually want something bad to happen, I have to agree with swazy that it doesn't take extreme liberals too long (read: a few hours or less) to start capitalizing on a tragedy with public statements to further an agenda, rather than caring about the lives lost. I'm quite astounded that NFL broadcaster didn't lose his job - he should have for his complete lack of tact. He's become a joke for the network and reflects poorly upon it. Calls for bans on items that logically have no connection to shootings are how you can tell those people apart from someone whom actually cares.
    Last edited by cutterx2202; 2013-01-13 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Deleted
    1. What is a salami tactic? (TLDR, sorry)
    2. The left wanting to take peoples liberties is just as true as the right wanting to take peoples money.

Social conservatism should be eradicated in the arena of ideas, as it's failed at absolutely every juncture of morality, and a retrospective view of nations always shows that retrograde, socially conservative ideas are destructive. Personally, I don't much care what tactics are used to to eliminate these ideas, provided it's done in a peaceful manner.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 11:02 AM ----------

I got through page two of his post history clicking posts that could even remotely signal infraction from a mod, but didn't find anything yet.
    Talking about the cause of bans is verboten here, FYI. If you really want to know, send Swazi a PM. It's entirely possible that he was banned for a PM he sent someone else. Really though, who cares? I've been banned for spectacularly stupid shit, there's no "lefties get away with everything!" whine that's valid.

On topic: The liberal hate for Rush is quite amusing. Foaming at the mouth for even mentioning his name by (mostly) those that have never bothered to listen to a show before jumping on the bandwagon. I picture murlocs.
    I listened to him sufficiently when I used to drive ~10-15 minutes each way to lunch to know that I consider him little more than a very, very popular troll. That people consider him a serious figure is absolutely bizarre to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I chose the last option on your list (Liberal, other) because I don't think just getting rid of pro-life crowd is enough. Also, the option to kick out all factions seems nonsensical to me, if there are no factions left how do you have a party?

In my opinion, the republican party needs to drop the following factions/stances:
    1) Pro-life /anti-choice
    2) Anti gay
    3) Anti science (evolution, climate, big bang, earth age)

Basically, drop the social conservative stuff and focus your party on issues which concern economics, welfare, foreign policy, regulations, etc.
    1. I am pro-life, i am not sure what other stance i could personally take on this issue, other than preventative measures should be something we focus on more? Why even get to the point where you have to have a moral debate on whether or not your taking a human life. There are also situations that i am a believer in choice, like when a women is raped or the pregnancy endangers the woman's life. Again though at that point why not just get the morning after contraceptive, which is readily available. Even if they are to scared or traumatized to come forward they could probably deal with this before it gets to the point of abortion.

2.My personal belief whatever it may be should not effect policy. Therefore i believe that no group should stifle the rights of another group over personal opinions rather everyone in this country has the same right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Hence yes change this archaic stand and war on the gays in america.

3. As for being Anti-Science i am a christian and believe in science, and also understand its importance to us as a species and believe that science itself is one of the greatest gifts god ever gave to humanity. The ability to better ourselves and become stronger through our minds, fueled by our passions.

I myself who was raised Republican feel dis-enfranchised with the party, and i just cant get behind the left, because more often than not they attack our constitution or find it an archaic document that has no bearing on us as a people today. The only time the constitution should be adjusted is when it infringes on the rights of a group of people, otherwise its pretty solid in most respects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though I don't think most actually want something bad to happen, I have to agree with swazy that it doesn't take extreme liberals too long (read: a few hours or less) to start capitalizing on a tragedy with public statements to further an agenda, rather than caring about the lives lost.
    Wanting to prevent similar incidents = caring for the lives lost. The fact that you don't agree with the method doesn't change this in the least.

There is no left in America.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    There is no left in America.
    There where, but they all dissapeared during the cold war. /tinfoilhat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    There where, but they all dissapeared during the cold war. /tinfoilhat
    No need for a tinfoil hat, I'm pretty sure that's a documented fact.

If I could tell the republican party at large only one thing, it would be that rigid ideological unity is not only not a requisite of a successful political party, it is usually detrimental to its ability to govern. The "factions" and diversity among your party are caused by your unwillingness to compromise and focus on the common ground among your members. You are stuck in an US vs THEM mindset. There is no THEM, that is why they call your country the US =).