Poll: What should we do about it, if anything?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daskapital View Post
    I always find this argument amusing. Let's give you the point and assume you do need to protect yourself from the people you vote into office. Do you really believe that if your government wants to kill you, with all the technology they have at their disposal, they'll send a guy with a gun?
    do we have the right to bear RPGs? how about the right to bear nuclear arms? never know when they're gonna send some tanks or zombie armies at you.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    I'm glad you're a liberal who supports gun rights, we need more liberals like you. Unfortunately the Democrats as a group are supporting draconian measures, such as flat-out bans on all handguns, all semi-automatics, and all magazines over 10 rounds. They aren't playing around with "you can only buy one gun a month" stuff anymore, they're playing for keeps now and they're serious.
    Clearly you are trolling, or EXTREMELY misinformed. Either way I feel sad for you.

Almost everyone leans a certain direction, even if just a little bit.

Do you value freedom and the Constitution? Then you're probably a conservative.

Do you value big government and the welfare state? Then you're probably a liberal.
    your biased is showing again and I highly question your sources ( if you have any) on Obama's gun stances, your constant attempted insults of people who hold a different opinion then you is disgusting, the "liberal media" and "left people" do not hate gun owners, in fact many of them are owners of guns, what they want is common sense regulations, like the whole private sale/gunshow loopholes

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Crazy that the GOP lost the election, isn't it?
    Bribery is extremely effective.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

I'm still fascinated that people think any amount of firearms would protect you from a tyrannical US government backed by the military.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...what is it with GOP members and this weird food labeling system? Salami Tactics? Pork Barrels? Tea party activists?

...there's got to be a Freudian reason here somewhere...
    Don't forget the "coffee party" and "banana republic."

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    do we have the right to bear RPGs? how about the right to bear nuclear arms? never know when they're gonna send some tanks or zombie armies at you.

And that is directly correlated with gun rights being expanded across the board. From the FOPA to concealed carry to open carry to campus carry to the end of handgun bans to the end of the FAWB, etc.
    Its like that scene in Arrested Development where Tobias explains the idea of a mind rejecting unpleasant information to Lucile. Then she calls him a ton of mean things and he blinks and says "well if you're just not going to say anything I can't help you".

Except thats you with facts that run counter to your own claims. From your own links.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Rush Limbaugh... why are you listening to that man? Honestly, do you really think he is at all sensible?
    I actually listen to him sometimes too. He's tame compared to the likes of Olbermann, Shultz, Maddow.

He's loud about his opinions and successful. Thus, hated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Bribery is extremely effective.
    I would ask for evidence of this bribery, but I suppose this line of discussion was exhausted before the election.

15+ Year Old Account
    The burden of trying to justify taking away our freedom and ban stuff rests solely on the those who wish to take away said freedom. That's like me saying we should gas the Jews and then demanding you tell me why we shouldn't.
    Ummm. Did you just endorse gassing the Jews?
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

I would ask for evidence of this bribery, but I suppose this line of discussion was exhausted before the election.
    I haven't even gotten my check in the mail yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    The Ultra-Conservative bible-thumpers are an archaic parasite
    Whether we like it or not, the pro-life movement is growing faster than the pro-choice movement.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    I actually listen to him sometimes too. He's tame compared to the likes of Olbermann, Shultz, Maddow.

He's loud about his opinions and successful. Thus, hated.
    tame? yes he's load and amazingly has a lot people listen and take him seriously by tame is not in the realm of describing him

Love to know exactly how many government smart phones are in people's hands right now?

Stimulus money at work, free smart phones yo!
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Could at least put an extra n in one of the kalyyns... And then tell us which is which!
    The distinction can be hard for even me to find. Usually on here I just act out a more radicalized version of myself. For example, in reality I fancy the idea of dueling, but am not actively supporting it's return. On here, however, my stance is more "YES, WE NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!"

Same with gun control. I'll argue in favor of unrestricted firearms for everyone until dawn on here, but really I'll be happy if I can just keep what I have now. And I don't want to ever have to use my guns on another person. I just don't want want to have my rifle taken away because it was a gift from my dad. And I don't want certain parts of it outlawed either, because it's an absolutely beautiful weapon and defacing it would be a crime in itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Love to know exactly how many government smart phones are in people's hands right now?

Stimulus money at work, free smart phones yo!
    Pretty sure that was debunked?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Yes on both accounts. Though I suspect most people wouldn't be able to afford nuclear weapons anyway. The kind of people who would be able to afford nuclear weapons likely wouldn't buy them anyway, and if they did buy them, they wouldn't go around killing people with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Screw you, I'll hug them with whatever I want!

Stupid radioactive kids...