High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Enhancement - Haste vs. Mastery

First of all, here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Psir/advanced

So I simmed my gear recently and I got these numbers:

Haste = 2.07
    Mastery = 1.77
    Crit = 1.54

Anyone else experiencing this? I just respecced my number one secondary stat into haste, but I havn't tried it out yet in raids. I read on elitejerks, that if you specc into Talents (T4) Elemental Mastery and (T6) Primal Elementalist. Haste might overcome mastery by quite alot.

I wanted to hear with you guys if you had any thoughts on this matter or ever tried speccing into haste.
    Last edited by psir; 2013-01-11 at 12:20 AM.

It depends a lot on what gear you are using. When I was around your ilvl (493) Haste was simming higher DPS than Mastery, even though I was taking Unleashed Fury / Echo of the Elements for talents. The stat weights for Haste and Mastery are typically about equal, but it mostly depends on your gear, and the fight. There's little point reforging into haste if you're not going to have a lot of uptime on the boss / target.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Forgive a noob, but what program/resource do you use to find weights like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    Forgive a noob, but what program/resource do you use to find weights like this?
    Simcraft. 10chrs.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

This is mostly because of the lack of 4piece, on the long run, LBs damage will be lower so you want to favor Haste to compensate, that's why it gets so high. I had the same exact sims before getting 4piece, even got Haste at 2.16 and Mastery at something like 1.56, it was ridiculous. With 4 piece it gets about even with Mastery ahead. For the moment, just gem mastery and reforge Haste if you want to min/max, it doesn't even worth the full regemming because you'll probably get your 4 piece soon. Also stay UF/EoE, it's the way to go for now - will probably change for 5.2

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joak22 View Post
    This is mostly because of the lack of 4piece, on the long run, LBs damage will be lower so you want to favor Haste to compensate, that's why it gets so high. I had the same exact sims before getting 4piece, even got Haste at 2.16 and Mastery at something like 1.56, it was ridiculous. With 4 piece it gets about even with Mastery ahead. For the moment, just gem mastery and reforge Haste if you want to min/max, it doesn't even worth the full regemming because you'll probably get your 4 piece soon. Also stay UF/EoE, it's the way to go for now - will probably change for 5.2
    Yea I agree with you. I'll go back to mastery!