Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp15 View Post
    I went to bid on Ashes of Alar in the BMAH but accidentally bid 218k gold on a freaking brawlers guild invite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I opened a ticket with blizz and am PRAYING that they can somehow fix this. Am I totally screwed here?
    They don't refund anything on BMAH.

There have been people that did the same thing and Blizzard said BMAH is meant to be risky and anything like you just experienced is just going to have to be dealt with. You won't get a refund.

That is painful just to read, but I think you might be out of luck with that.. had guildies been told they can't or won't refund things on the AH/BMAH but never know you might get a friendly and nice GM stranger things have happened, Good luck to you.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

you will get your money back, GM's know there is something wrong with the BMAH with that stupid button, Ghostcrawler on twitter confirmed they are changing it to match the regular AH in 5.2, just keep trying until you get the right GM, there are a bunch of stupid GM's out there that are lazy , just keep trying till you find the helpful one.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    They don't refund anything on BMAH.

There have been people that did the same thing and Blizzard said BMAH is meant to be risky and anything like you just experienced is just going to have to be dealt with. You won't get a refund.
    I know people that have gotten refunds cause the BMAH is broken with that stupid button messing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm jealous (and slightly suspicious) of you having that amount of money to spend on mounts>.<

Deleted
    If it makes you feel any better, a guildie of mine tried to bid on the heroic protectors neck at the start of the expansion for 150k and actually bid on a pet you can get in the AH for 3k.

He ticketed the GM four separate times thinking he would get somebody who takes pity on him but unfortunately they cannot reverse the BMAH transactions as they are automated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    He ticketed the GM four separate times thinking he would get somebody who takes pity on him but unfortunately they cannot reverse the BMAH transactions as they are automated.
    Thats just what they tell you, the users...
    They can do whatever they want, but do they wanna spend millions of dollars helping stupid people with their careless actions ?
    Ofcourse not, thats called bad business, and i understand them.

Bad UI or not, if you would have cared, you would have checked more, just sayin...

15+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt you will get it back.

I done pretty much the same thing bidding on my BiS Boots on the BMAH, I clicked the boots to bid, entered my bid of around 68k, but I put this bid in the window to the right showing the newer items. So I bid 68k on a pet which costs 50silver. I honestly think the UI is awful, you get a tiny bid box at the bottom and a whole window on the right which displays a random item.

I wrote out 2 tickets and both times they told me they cannot give me the gold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Thats just what they tell you, the users...
    They can do whatever they want, but do they wanna spend millions of dollars helping stupid people with their careless actions ?
    Ofcourse not, thats called bad business, and i understand them.
    I agree completely!

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt you will get the gold back but honestly that interface is just horrible.

It feels like some web pages where there is a huge button DOWNLOAD next to the file you want
    to download, but it's just an Add banner and the actual download link is in plain hypertext somewhere
    in the corner.

It's either made to trick people in to buying garbage by accident or the interface was designed by some
    Intern who spent 30 minutes designing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanez View Post
    I put this bid in the window to the right showing the newer items.
    Is that what causes it? Someone earlier in the thread mentioned UI taint. Is it really just player error and not a glitch in the UI?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Is that what causes it? Someone earlier in the thread mentioned UI taint. Is it really just player error and not a glitch in the UI?
    No it's just player error, there is no bug, They just don't look at the UI properly, each item has it's own section for bids, then there is the "hot item" on the right hand side, and these people click the item they want, then bid on the hot item, for some reason thinking that's the item they chose, and BAM, Mistake:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    No it's just player error, there is no bug, They just don't look at the UI properly, each item has it's own section for bids, then there is the "hot item" on the right hand side, and these people click the item they want, then bid on the hot item, for some reason thinking that's the item they chose, and BAM, Mistake:P
    In that case it should not be reversed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Since it's not a player selling the item, I see no reason as to why he shouldn't get his gold back
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Since it's not a player selling the item, I see no reason as to why he shouldn't get his gold back
    There will be a good reason, I personally think it's intended to trap some players. The UI of the BMAH implies to a first time bidder that the section to the right is the item you just clicked to bid on, so that is why a lot of players are making this mistake. The actual bid box is at the bottom, easily missed by a first timer.

what is gold on wow nowdays btw? so easy to get.

The UI is just horrible. That new sale button is extremely unintuitive, and I've done the same thing. Luckily someone outbid me.

As far as a GM? They told me I was SOL when I put in a ticket. Though now they're adjusting it for 5.2, so maybe they changed their tune.

there is no customer service anymore..that died out in wrath end game

now its all fuck you thanks for the time waste response

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It's simple why, even though it's not another player selling the items, it still affects other players, Because if they just refunded it no-questions, then if you knew someone wanted an item off the BMAH, you could bid a very high amount, Locking them out of the item, then petition a GM, by the time the ticket goes through the item could be finished, so the other person would'v missed out and you'd get your gold back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    they can delete and create,
    delete item x, send amount x of gold

you see? they can
    same with duped gems, deleted, gold sent (if you were lucky)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newaccountforthiscontest View Post
    there is no customer service anymore..that died out in wrath end game

now its all fuck you thanks for the time waste response
    Not really a fact though, just your biased opinion