Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Just bid 218k gold on wrong item in BMAH

I went to bid on Ashes of Alar in the BMAH but accidentally bid 218k gold on a freaking brawlers guild invite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I opened a ticket with blizz and am PRAYING that they can somehow fix this. Am I totally screwed here?

Deleted
    In all honesty you should be screwed, however Blizzard may take pity :P

Deleted
    Oh dear, GL I guess

Blame the UI taint bug.

Did you try deleting your cache and WTF folders? That fixes ALL THE PROBLEMS!

No but srs yes you're screwed, enjoy your brawler invite. =)

A friend of mine did something similar. He only spent like 40k or something, but he didn't get his gold back after ticketing.

Sorry =(. All depends on the GM though...some stick by the rules and some feel your pain. Hope for the best.

They wont do anything, I bid 22k on a mount once and it actually bid on the hot item aka a stupid companion pet and sent multiple tickets seconds after I realized what happened and they came back and said sorry we cant get involved in bid disputes. Needless to say I am the not so proud owner of a trisfal bat instead of the mount.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless someone out bids you, you're most likely stuffed as I'm not sure that blizzard intervene in the AH as it's deemed totally player controlled, unless it's being exploited by gold sellers.. but in the case of the BMAH it's doubtful, just pray someone out bids you, or, by some luck of the draw Blizzard helps you out, but don't hold your breath.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    really want to /point /Nelson /Haw Haw /stroke my Al'ar like a maniacal bond villain

But have to agree, the BMAH really needs to be reworked to a normal AH Layout, Not the first time I have heard of this. Even seen a Brawlers guild invite on Our BMAH going for 100k + as there was a pair of heroic boots on at the same time.

The "Hot Item" button really is a terrible idea, and I think its been deliberately done to catch people out. Good Luck getting your Gold back, Let us know how it goes.

I've played since Vanilla, made millions of gold and never once bid on the wrong item by accident.

I've bid on the wrong item before, but it was due to my own stupidity or lack of attention, not by accident.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    If it is any consolation, I have a strong feeling you will get into the Brawler's Guild :-D
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

10+ Year Old Account
    With that much money on the line, you'd think you'd be paying more attention. I quadruple check when even as little as 10k is on the line.

I accidentally bid 13k on a stupid cat that you can buy from a vendor for 60 silver. I put a ticket in and they pretty much said you are screwed. Lesson learned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    If it is any consolation, I have a strong feeling you will get into the Brawler's Guild :-D
    If he's a mage it would do him no good lol

Good item to make a mistake on. I mean we have all bid and bought out the wrong thing, but 200k mistake is serious business. I don't think Blizzard will help you either.

Ouch! Pity it doesn't work like eBay where it only goes up to just enough to outbid your competitors, up to your limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was a similar thread on this OP and apparently the guy did get his G back so hopefully maybe you will get it too.

GL

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can go farm for the mount? It's soloable. I ran it on 2-3 toons per week and I got the mount to drop. Yay for free mounts?
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    I've played since Vanilla, made millions of gold and never once bid on the wrong item by accident.

I've bid on the wrong item before, but it was due to my own stupidity or lack of attention, not by accident.
    I see no difference. Last time I checked accidents happen usually from lack of attention.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    Or you can go farm for the mount? It's soloable. I ran it on 2-3 toons per week and I got the mount to drop. Yay for free mounts?
    RNG is the most horrible time ever; If anything OP likely has done those type of runs if not well then haha. My Al'ar took me aprox 69 weeks meaning 69 kills of Kael'thas.