Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    That's why i'm going with "This shit ain't gonna sink!" instead of "Who dis bitch". Not believing at all seems pretty selective after they have battle blood gods and loas and have lived milennia of weird shit. I mean, Zandalar survived the freaking sundering, when the heart of magic of the world collapsed. That would make any civilization cocky.
    I just want to say that your posts in this thread have me seriously cracking up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rasta def assumed zul was

*sun glasses*

trolling

EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Deleted
    Not pride, but sloth. He knew how Azeroth works, he knew that Zul might be right, but he didn't acted because he was lazy and decided to believe that Zul was wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If it was pride then we know what the next Sha will be.
    There's no Sha outside of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    There's no Sha outside of Pandaria.
    ... Or is it??

Well, probably not. But Rastakhan could show up in pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Well, probably not. But Rastakhan could show up in pandaria.
    If he survived.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If he survived.
    Sure he did. Remember Vol'Jin talking about how Rastakhan was gathering the troll tribes outside Zul'Aman?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Sure he did. Remember Vol'Jin talking about how Rastakhan was gathering the troll tribes outside Zul'Aman?
    I think vol'jin just didn't know rastakhan wasn't the king of the trolls anymore. he was atributing the actions of zul to the former king.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

That is not pride. I think destruction of zandalar and other troll countries forced their hands. Also, why is it evil for them to have a part of this world? Why should they care about Alliance and Horde? Alliance and horde easily drove many races out of their lands,murdered them, took and settled on their lands. And with the loss of their homeland they are trying to take a new one for themselves. And we are trying to prevent it. That is just it. Nothing evil about it.

Also the king could not know this. Remember King terenas. It is the same deal here.
    Last edited by Maximus Testiculos; 2013-01-11 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I think vol'jin just didn't know rastakhan wasn't the king of the trolls anymore. he was atributing the actions of zul to the former king.
    Prediction; Rastakhan will return and smack the Zandalari et al back into order once more, for a time at least. Then perhaps, a change of heart once he's king once more.

And what is that order?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    That is not pride. I think destruction of zandalar and other troll countries forced their hands. Also, why is it evil for them to have a part of this world? Why should they care about Alliance and Horde? Alliance and horde easily drove many races out of their lands,murdered them, took and settled on their lands. And with the loss of their homeland they are trying to take a new one for themselves. And we are trying to prevent it. That is just it. Nothing evil about it.

Also the king could not know this. Remember King terenas. It is the same deal here.
    You are mixing things here. The questions is if Rastakhan believed Zul or not; was his inaction Pride or mere skepticism?

I suggest we don't touch the morality of Zul's and his followers conquering plans; that's just too subjective to reach a conclusion.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I just want to say that your posts in this thread have me seriously cracking up.
    Why thank you!

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Prediction; Rastakhan will return and smack the Zandalari et al back into order once more, for a time at least. Then perhaps, a change of heart once he's king once more.
    I doubt he has an army to go against Zul now after the fall of Zandalar, and I don't think his morale is too high after he inadvertently condemned his people to sink into the ocean. I think there must be very few Zandalar trolls loyal to the king right now; most of them joining Zul when he was the only alternative to leave the island.

Sadly, I don't believe that Rastakhan has the power to bring the Zandalari back to the path of peace. They are on the brink of being beyond redemption at this point with the use of the darkest magics, they might have gone too far already. We can only hope that if Zul is defeated, the surviving zandalari can be freed from this conquering lust and instead try to rebuild their empire more peacefully.

The Zandalari want to be strong, so they try to ally themselves with the strongest of the troll tribes, yet time and time again there being beaten by the horde and alliance, wouldn't that suggest that the Darkspear are the strongest because of there allies, if i were king Rastakhan and i survived the cataclysm id be taking what zandalari i could and seeking Vol'jins council.

Just like Terenas and Anasterian before him, Rastatkhan ignored crucial facts. He was warned by his most trusted prophet repeatedly and chose to ignore it, now his kingdom lies in ruins. In his case I wouldn't call it pride, but pure ignorance.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    What's this about datamined stuff about Rastakhan?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What's this about datamined stuff about Rastakhan?
    The Zandalari

It is said the God King Rastakhan, ruler of the Zandalari, lords over his mighty kingdom from a throne carved of solid gold.

Years ago, as he sat on this opulent seat of power, he was visited by his most trusted prophet: Zul.

Zul warned King Rastakhan of a terrible Cataclysm. For Zul had seen a vision of a great armored dragon clenching the world in his ferocious jaws.

Months later Zul returned, bearing more grim news from his visions. He saw a legion of serpents pouring forth from a gaping fissure that tore open the floor of the ocean. Still, King Rastakhan did nothing.

Finally, mere months before the Cataclysm, Zul returned. Tearing his clothes and throwing his staff to the ground, Zul spoke of earthquakes and tidal waves. He described the golden capital of Zandalar slowly sinking beneath the waves in the aftermath of the Cataclysm, its once-great people drowning as their mighty works slipped forever beneath the sea.

King Rastakhan tired of Zul and his troubling nightmares. To be rid of the prophet, he granted Zul the use of his largest ships, so that he and his followers could seek a new land if his visions came to pass.

And his visions DID come to pass. When Deathwing rose from the Maelstrom, dark, angry waves crashed into the Zandalari capital. The spine of the land broke in two, and soon, the city and all its riches began to slide into the hungry sea. The Zandalari people turned to their King for help, but there was only one Zandalari equipped to help them: The prophet Zul.

The prophet, and the mighty warfleet he had assembled while his King sat idle. You see, the TRUE power of Kings and Emperors stems from the power to aid their people. The moment they fail, they cede their power to the one who can.

Here you go

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Here you go
    Much appreciated kind butler!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be so nice if blizzard too the time to actually show this story instead of leaving it blank and everyone second guessing it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    believe a troll who ripped off his robes in front of him
    I wouldn't want to meet the person that doesn't believe whatever a naked male troll says to them.

Ah yes, "Cataclysm". Great armored dragons allegedly waitin' in da world's core. We have dismissed dat claim, mon.

Come on, somebody had to.
    Last edited by Snakes on a Plainstrider; 2013-01-12 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Bolvar Fordragon: The dragons' flame... sealed my fate. The world of the living can no longer comfort me. Place the mouse in my hand, Bahumut5. Forevermore - I will be the Lord of MMO-Cham-
    Snakes on a Plainstrider: Yo Bolvar!
    Bolvar Fordragon: What?
    Snakes on a Plainstrider: Beat ya to it!