Off-screen sound doesn't play on TVs... any ideas?

So I have a couple crappy tvs of the same model. One in my room, one in the living room. Sounds that come from offscreen don't seem to play on either tv, starting at roughly the same time, as if our cable company suddenly changed audio input requiring more channels. Or something to that effect. I don't really know anything about sound systems, cable, and whatnot. I'm going to check tomorrow to see if the offscreen sound is missing on other model tvs in our house, and see if it's a house-wide thing or not, but in case anyone has any similar experience, I'd love to hear it.

I know sound should come from the speakers, because I've seen the shows multiple times before. Damn Family Guy and American Dad reruns. The scene is usually something like a couple characters onscreen looking offscreen, towards the character whose voice cannot be heard. Both TVs are fed from the same cable, except they're about 75 feet or so away from each other, and for one of the TVs, the cable is sent through a cable box first, meaning standard/digital cable doesn't affect it.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

Deleted
    Usually sound is layered differently, and will come through different channels. If it's a mechanical failure, you should be able to pin point it by finding the common connection for the two tv's. It shouldn't have anything to do with the signal, because that'd probably be digital and it definitely sounds like an analogue problem, so you should be able to restrict it to being on your end, meaning after the plug in the wall.

Maybe you're doing something particular to both tv's that'd result on the same kind of malfunction? Headphone jacks, etc.
    Try changing up as many parts as you have and don't forget to check the sound settings, too.

The TVs are from around the time when I got my first PS2... so they're fairly old, and don't even have sound settings, lol. One has nothing but the power and cable plugged into it, and one has the aforementioned connections and the cables connecting it to the aforementioned PS2. Maybe they're just getting old. I shall do more testing when it's light out tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.