Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd like to point out ONE thing that infuriates me to no end:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Smoke Bomb - Allies take 20% less damage while within the cloud. Instant. 3 min cooldown.
    So now Rogues have some form of raid utility. Awesome.

Why don't Mages?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

They else getting ranged attack Dragon
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=114014

LOL its like watching a circus where the mage is the clown while everyone else are the real acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

Smoke Bomb - Allies take 20% less damage while within the cloud. Instant. 3 min cooldown.

Why don't Mages?
    uhhh wth wtb mage raid cd lol

something like alter time but raid wide (only hp and mana)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Alright I am kinda new here and at best can be called an average player but I seriously DONOT get this repeated iterations of frost/fire mana issues that are being highlighted. Been playing a mage all through MoP till now but simply have NOT seen a single instance where I went OOM (I play with Invocation). Also as far as I see the 5.2 case mana costs were not increased for any of fire or frost specs main spells except Scorch (if you run with it) so how will we suddenly face mana issues?

Now the point about nerfing Invocation mentioned by GC was in relation to the 2 pc T15 buff and the only way to counteract the fact that the 2 pc T15 favours Invocation is by changing the cast times of the spell not by changing mana returned since the 2 pc T15 is a haste buff.

I agree though that magi at the moment are the worst at dps on the move and it will be further gutted once the scorch mana increase comes live and those L90 talents should really be decoupled from regen. Arcane as a spec should be also decoupled from regen by changing that insanely dumb mastery. Something like this might be better (once again I am no theorycrafting genius so forgive me if its silly).

Call the new mastery Arcane Instability. Each arcane blast should stack a debuff which can be turned into a DoT by using Abarr on it with the strength varying in proportion to number of stacks of the debuff and number of stacks of AC used to fire the Abarr which detonates it. Each point of msatery should increase the damage of the DoT. This simultaneously fixes the mastery being mana dependent and forces you to stop 6 stack AC camping.

Now I realise it might be hard to balance this but as I said earlier not all that of a theorycrafting guy so the balancing part would have to be left to the devs or you forum number crunchers (respect you all for the work you do put into this)

Quote Originally Posted by Skidd View Post

LOL its like watching a circus where the mage is the clown while everyone else are the real acts.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronolord View Post
    Alright I am kinda new here and at best can be called an average player but I seriously DONOT get this repeated iterations of frost/fire mana issues that are being highlighted. Been playing a mage all through MoP till now but simply have NOT seen a single instance where I went OOM (I play with Invocation). Also as far as I see the 5.2 case mana costs were not increased for any of fire or frost specs main spells except Scorch (if you run with it) so how will we suddenly face mana issues?
    60s Invocation and Scorch mana cost dramatically increased (from 300 to about 10,000. That's -9.7k higher for every scorch).

Also, I just noticed the Invocation change is NOT on the official PTR notes that just hit. What. The. Fuck. They aren't reverting it, are they?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Pretty much.

60s Invocation and Scorch mana cost dramatically increased (from 300 to about 10,000. That's -9.7k higher for every scorch).

Also, I just noticed the Invocation change is NOT on the official PTR notes that just hit. What. The. Fuck. They aren't reverting it, are they?
    Might be, it was a nerf for fire and frost and too much of a buff for arcane, so they might revert it for now and figure out something else..

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 04:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post

something like alter time but raid wide (only hp and mana)
    Oh that would be such a troll on some mechanics.. though some sort of raid wide temporal shield wouldnt be too shabby

If they go ahead and revert that Invocation change arcane will be joining frost on the bottom of the charts. Back to fire boys just remember to start sacrificing small children and lambs to the RNG gods if you want to do any sort of DPS :-)

Nevermind, MMO-Champ only posted the "new" stuff for official notes. Wowhead has the complete notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they go ahead and revert that Invocation change arcane will be joining frost on the bottom of the charts. Back to fire boys just remember to start sacrificing small children and lambs to the RNG gods if you want to do any sort of DPS :-)
    What charts do you look at? Frost damage is fine. Damage out isn't a problem, it's damage in and utility. There isn't a single fight in the game where a mage has an advantage over a warlock. Healthstones alone seal the deal. Their own survivability just makes it worse. The fact that they received even more innate damage reduction makes it worse for us.

Raidbots 25n

Its on "okey" indication. Frost is 5th last. Ouch

And just for the record I totally agree with you Akraen on the Damage in and Utility front.

An interesting not, 5.1 hits and arcane goes to the top, scorch weaving not "intended play". If it wast as successful as it is blizzard wouldn't even be bothering with it. Sigh

PS: I am totally aware that raid bots is not entirely an accurate indication of specs and their respective outputs. What it does show is "reality" for a given value of reality. Frost is where it is because of a combination of poor representation and output of that presentation which in itself just highlights the inherent problem. People wont play specs/classis they think perform "poorly".
    Last edited by Skidd; 2013-01-17 at 05:54 AM.

The simplicity of it simply boggles my mind. Give RoP an indefinite duration and make it instant cast (maybe with a lower cd).

But this whole tier is almost unfixable in patches. The fact that Arcane's damage revolves around a resource Frost and Fire no longer use makes this all such a mess.It makes Invocation really hard to balance. but I mean, they could just decouple Frost and Fire from the mana benefits of L90 talents and make those numbers solely balanced for arcane....oh wait, that makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    The simplicity of it simply boggles my mind. Give RoP an indefinite duration and make it instant cast (maybe with a lower cd).

But this whole tier is almost unfixable in patches. The fact that Arcane's damage revolves around a resource Frost and Fire no longer use makes this all such a mess.It makes Invocation really hard to balance. but I mean, they could just decouple Frost and Fire from the mana benefits of L90 talents and make those numbers solely balanced for arcane....oh wait, that makes too much sense.
    Blizzard logic: Make it as pointless, stupid, and complicated as possible.

A simple fix would be to decouple Fire/Frost from the L90 Mana part. Make IW/RoP not give increased regen; make Invocation not halve regen. THEN, you could EASILY tweak the mana part just for Arcane, and change the damage part around Fire/Frost (which would in turn do it for Arcane too, but Mana is more important because of Mastery/how Arcane works).

Deleted
    I've been using temporal shield for a while now and its amazing how powerful it can be, and its off GCD so it doesnt hurt your dps.

Most of the time mages are using ice barrier cause its a "push and forget" button, but i'm sure, when used at the right time, temporal shield is a lot more powerful than ice barrier.

It's also instant and can be fully cast on the move from ranged.

Hey, "but but but we have Root of Powar! And and and it's it's it's fine. Don't compare us to other classes". We cast it, stay rooted in it and... do same dps as other classes (hint: 6 stack camping, which will be killed be it scorch's version be it invo's, not RoP allows arcane mages to stay on top-dps when standing still)

If full ranged dps on the move has to go, get rid of it. Remove it from ALL classes. If not, spread the love.

lol
    Last edited by Fennixx; 2013-01-17 at 11:49 AM.

Did Frost get the pet nova back? Nothing to read there in the patch notes

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    I've been using temporal shield for a while now and its amazing how powerful it can be, and its off GCD so it doesnt hurt your dps.

Most of the time mages are using ice barrier cause its a "push and forget" button, but i'm sure, when used at the right time, temporal shield is a lot more powerful than ice barrier.
    Not entirely. Regardless of skill, Ice Barrier will always be superior with steady sources of damage. Many fights have damage sources that are constant through the whole fight, but low enough in individual ticks that Ice barrier can completely absorb multiple ticks. In those cases temp shield will fall way behind. On fights with large single hits temp shield can be much stronger.

Both are good talents and compete with each other nicely. You will find a lot of mages actually switch depending on fights.

As for the level 90 talents. I think the problem is coupling a mana regen ability with a maintenance buff cannot work well. No matter how you balance the numbers you will either care about the buff or care about mana. Not both. You get one and the other is incidental. That is ignoring the fact that arcane cares about mana more then fire and frost. Once you consider that, you will never be able to get all specs to care the same, or even close to the same about the talents.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Did Frost get the pet nova back? Nothing to read there in the patch notes
    The WoW PTR notes still say:

•Water Elemental
    •Freeze no longer does damage, and only provides Fingers of Frost on a successful freeze.

Let's hope Water Jet is coming.

Deleted
    Just a thing I noticed while leveling my Shadow Priest ... our AOE kinda sucks but *damn* does it suck in comparison to Shadow Priests.
    I'm not necessarily talking about damage, although that isn't great for us either, especially the once-long-ago-AOE spec Fire. But damn is it fun/convenient. Mind Sear is such a fun spell, just target the mob, the tank, a damn critter for all your care and blast those mobs. No placing a spell on the ground, no running right into the bunch of mobs to bomb them with your stupid Arcane Explosion ...
    Frost *does* have an *awesome* AOE spell, the Frozen Orb, but you can only use it once a minute. Destro Locks also have a very nice AOE, instant cast, fire and forget, Rain of Fire.
    Where's the Mage love there?
    Last edited by mmoca812163483; 2013-01-17 at 07:11 PM.

Why don't Mages?

I agree we need some type of healing or dmg prevention cd that sets us apart. Locks bring healthstones, Spriests bring vamp embrace/offheals, Boomies bring Nature's Vigil/offheals, shamans have ancestral guidance, hunters can fill any buff missing from the raid (5% spell haste is very rare in 10 man groups). Mages bring Lust.... and mana cakes... :s I would love if we could have a raid wide mana gem or brilliance aura akin to Hymn of Hope. I don't think they will add anything game changing this expansion though... always hope for 6.0. In the meantime I'm leveling my hunter, just in case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethys View Post
    I agree we need some type of healing or dmg prevention cd that sets us apart. Locks bring healthstones, Spriests bring vamp embrace/offheals, Boomies bring Nature's Vigil/offheals, shamans have ancestral guidance, hunters can fill any buff missing from the raid (5% spell haste is very rare in 10 man groups). Mages bring Lust.... and mana cakes... :s I would love if we could have a raid wide mana gem or brilliance aura akin to Hymn of Hope. I don't think they will add anything game changing this expansion though... always hope for 6.0. In the meantime I'm leveling my hunter, just in case.
    We bring Spell Power and Critical Strike chance...two rare buffs brought only by three classes out of eleven. Seriously guys, we bring food, two rather important buffs, and the most important raid buff in Time Warp, I don't really see what else you want to bring?
    BfA Beta Time