10+ Year Old Account

Heroic: Amber Shaper-Unsok

Hello guys,

I wanted to know if someone has any information about this tactic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcQJ_mlfrS0

I they nerfed the other way to push the HP of Amber-Shaper some time ago, but this video is new (a couple of days ago), so I wanted to know if someone heard about any nerf on this tactic aswell.

Thanks,
    ~ Pandamorium
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    yea, this tactic works.. my guild is using same tact as shown in video..

10+ Year Old Account
    We tried this tactic today and boss always went "immune" to damage around 50% HP, so either we're doing something wrong or it is fixed.

Just a couple of questions:

What % do you leave Amber Shaper before the push? We've been leaving him around 73% so we've 1-2 seconds to ramp up our damage, but some tries he went "immune" while casting the Scapel.

Are we doing something wrong?
    Is there any tip you can give us?

Thanks,
    ~ Pandamorium

Yes as soon as the monstrosity comes out the boss takes 99% less damage until you kill it... their tactic is keeping dmg off the boss completely (aside from the constructs stacking the debuff) so they can build as many stacks as possible, and just bursting it down at ~70%... they also time it with both of his casts to get more time (about an extra 15 seconds)

When we were first trying to kill the boss on heroic we were trying the exact same tactic but we figured out this doesn't really matter since the "normal" way to kill it seems easier:

Just keep one of your tanks in the construct from ~72% until the fight ends and build stacks of the debuff... I'm pretty sure our tank was able to get a few stacks on the monstrosity as well (when other people get transformed they focus on building stacks on the monstrosity & interrupting it but your tanks main job is keeping stacks on the boss). After a few minutes the monstrosity should die and you can lust in phase 3 (the boss should have a ton of stacks at this point) and just melt the boss without even worrying about the phase 3 mechanic.

We haven't tried holding off dps in phase 1 with this tactic, since this way seems much easier and you don't have to worry about enrage
    Last edited by Sabsy; 2013-01-11 at 03:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we got +- 73 percent and start doing dmg to unsok 1sec before scalpel starts ..

boss goes immune if u are too fast and push him under 70 percent at the same time as he starts casting scalpel.. he (or it?) just has to start cast scalpel above 70 and everything goes the same way as u saw in video above

10+ Year Old Account
    We changed tonight to that tactic again Sabsy since we never had a perfect transition with the DPS nuking at the right time and boss always went "immune" around 50%.

We managed to reach last phase 2 times I think. so now it is a matter of time until the boss dies, but I wanted to be sure that the video I posted before is not nerfed yet incase we swap to it again.

I just wanted some tips about that video to know where to stop DPS, when to push properly and something that is missing for us.

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys and have a nice night!

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 03:35 AM ----------

I'll pass this information to our Officers and let them decide if either we keep pushing with the normal tactic or we give a couple of tries again on this zerg tactic.

Thanks a lot guys,
    ~ Pandamorium

10+ Year Old Account
    week ago we tried him to nuke him during summoning add, we have no idea its fixed.. but tact above indeed works.. u can take a look at http://cs.twitch.tv/sharael1990/b/353695513 time 0:58:10

anyway gl in your progress!

There are some tactics talking about pushing the boss fast in P2 then having the debuff fall off and nuking the add to 3-5%. At that point you rebuild the stacks on the boss to about 20 before killing the add. Is this tactic doable or will we fail due to the fact that there are no puddles to eat in P3?