Poll: What is your pick for Best Picture at the Oscars this year?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I really hope Searching for Sugar Man wins for best documentary Always fun to see Swedish nominees!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanavi View Post
    Pretty sure Lincoln will take Best Picture, Spielberg will take Director, and Lewis will take Best Actor.

Just saying.
    Out of whats on the cards I hope for this very thing. Would also be nice to see Spielberg back in his game again and getting that award would solidify it, especially as I thought the man had been slipping a bit as a director.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Arrietty wasn't even nominated for best animated film. My interest is now zero.
    It wasn't eligible because it came out in Japan in 2010, they didn't snub it because it wasn't eligible.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Out of whats on the cards I hope for this very thing. Would also be nice to see Spielberg back in his game again and getting that award would solidify it, especially as I thought the man had been slipping a bit as a director.
    I like Lincoln, but I really hope it doesn't take best picture, especially when compared to ZDT, Les Mis, Amour, and Life of Pi.

Honestly though, all of these movies were fantastic and it will be a tough choice this year, im personally pulling for Les Mis, and Ang Lee for directer for Life of Pi.

Daniel-Day Lewis definitely deserves the Best Actor award, his performance was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post

I also think "Argo" is overrated. It wasn't even the best espionage film of the year ("Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" was).

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy might be to old. Doesn't a movie have to be released in 2012 to be legible?

Quentin Tarantino gets snubbed for Best director, dont know how i feel about it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Quentin Tarantino gets snubbed for Best director, dont know how i feel about it.
    Anything vulgar or controversial pretty much commits oscar suicide and I'm sure he's aware of it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 04:32 AM ----------

Pretty sure Lincoln will take Best Picture, Spielberg will take Director, and Lewis will take Best Actor.

Just saying.
    This is my guess as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Well, he made a Quentin Tarantino movie. It's not really different from anything hes done since the early 90s. Not that it's a bad thing, he makes great movies, he just hasn't done anything really different for his career.

I'd like for Django Unchained or Les Miserables to win best film. Although I have a feeling that Lincoln is going to be taking most of the awards it is nominated for.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'd like for Django Unchained or Les Miserables to win best film. Although I have a feeling that Lincoln is going to be taking most of the awards it is nominated for.
    Based on the Best Picture Films nominated also for Best Director (only 3 best picture films have ever won without also being NOMINATED for Best Director and the last one was Driving Miss Daisy) we are looking at 5 films to really take the prize, and some are surprising (however the whole best director category is confusing)

Amour
    Beasts of Southern Wild
    Life of Pi
    Lincoln
    Silver Linings Playbook

of those 5, I would probably put it between Amour, Life of Pi, and Lincoln.

But who knows maybe we will get our 4th picture to win without a director nomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I'm interested in any of it. All I really wanna see is Seth Mcfarlane be Seth McFarlane while he's hosting and announcing nominees.

10+ Year Old Account

Just saying.
    I don't know about best picture or best director...

But if Lewis doesn't win best actor, the Oscar committee is screwed in the head.

I'm surprised Argo, Dark Knight rises, and Skyfall aren't up for best picture... all of them were well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    All of these pretty much have life of pi. I rarely heard anything about this movie expect it was about some child and a tiger on a boat not sure if that right...
    It's actually about universal faith, belief, and a reflection upon the nature of existence.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Amour
    Beasts of Southern Wild
    Life of Pi
    Lincoln
    Silver Linings Playbook

of those 5, I would probably put it between Amour, Life of Pi, and Lincoln.

But who knows maybe we will get our 4th picture to win without a director nomination.
    Sounds about right, honestly. I still haven't seen Amour so I can't comment on it, but I could easily see Life of Pi or Lincoln winning. I wouldn't mind if either of them won, because they were both really great films. I don't really think that Django Unchained stands a chance, as much as I enjoyed it and would like for it to win. I think that Les Miserables stands more of a chance than Django does, but I still don't see it winning, same with Beasts of the Southern Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

But if Lewis doesn't win best actor, the Oscar committee is screwed in the head.

I'm surprised Argo, Dark Knight rises, and Skyfall aren't up for best picture... all of them were well received.

It's actually about universal faith, belief, and a reflection upon the nature of existence.
    Argo actually was nominated, TDKR wasn't probably due to auroro tragedy controversy, the fact that the oscars pretty much never give a nod to comic book movies (they awarded Heath Ledger one for the Joker, but that was more because he kind of died), and that it wasn't better or even nearly equal to the The Dark Knight.

Skyfall probably would have been nominated had this not been such a competitive year for big ambitious movies striving for that place above being good solid entertainment. (Pretty much all of the movies nominated did this is in some way)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jennifer Lawrence because she's hot, young, and a amazing actress. That is rare nowadays.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    they awarded Heath Ledger one for the Joker, but that was more because he kind of died
    It also helped that his performance was one of the landmarks in villain portrayal in movies. Every good movie villain for the next decade is going to be compared to his performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    No nomination for Paul Thomas Anderson is pure blasphemy. The Master is on a whole other level compared to Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

I wish there was more love for Cloud Atlas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

There were over 100 other “well-received” films last year, most of which you probably haven’t heard of. It’s great The Dark Knight Rises and Skyfall didn’t get nominated for Best Picture, they weren’t that good. And Argo got a nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    No nomination for Paul Thomas Anderson is pure blasphemy. The Master is on a whole other level compared to Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained.
    The Master was very, very dependent on the actors, and it was mainly a showcase for them. It makes sense that it wasn't nominated.

Do you think Lincoln has a " cultural " advantage ?