Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Holy] T15 Set Bonuses

Hey people, just wondering what are your thoughts on the new set bonuses:

Paladin T15 Holy 2P Bonus (New) Increases the healing done by your Daybreak ability by 50%.
    Paladin T15 Holy 4P Bonus (New) Increases the healing transferred to your Beacon of Light target by 20%.

2p bonus gives a nice boost to our aoe heals, but holy radiance is just costly to use often.

With the 4p bonus does this mean our holy light now will heal the beacon target more than the prime target assuming the absorption shields are not taken to account. Too bad this bonus does not also increase the healing done directly to your beacon target which makes a good single target healing. But overall, still pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by necromorphs View Post
    Hey people, just wondering what are your thoughts on the new set bonuses:

Paladin T15 Holy 2P Bonus (New) Increases the healing done by your Daybreak ability by 50%.
    Paladin T15 Holy 4P Bonus (New) Increases the healing transferred to your Beacon of Light target by 20%.

2p bonus gives a nice boost to our aoe heals, but holy radiance is just costly to use often.

With the 4p bonus does this mean our holy light now will heal the beacon target more than the prime target assuming the absorption shields are not taken to account. Too bad this bonus does not also increase the healing done directly to your beacon target which makes a good single target healing. But overall, still pretty good.

The 2 pc bonus is a nice bonus but it's not a big deal to me. Daybreak doesn't heal for a lot compared to all of my other heals overall anyway. 50% bigger daybreaks is nice but it's not going to be a huge buff.

The extra 20% on beacon is something that gets me really excited. I would assume that it adds an additional 20% to all beacon transfers, as that is what the bounus suggests according to how it reads. I hope it does.

Without the bonus.
    Your Holy Light will also heal the Beacon for 100% of the amount healed.
    Your Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn, Light's Hammer, and Holy Prism will heal for 15% of the amount healed.
    All other heals will heal for 50% of the amount healed.

With the bonus the way that it reads (I think):
    Your Holy Light will also heal the Beacon for 120% of the amount healed. Your Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn, Light's Hammer, and Holy Prism will heal for 35% of the amount healed. All other heals will heal for 70% of the amount healed.

That's a pretty big buff, although it will take a well trained holy paladin to make use of it's full potential.

Deleted
    yeah, the 2p bonus looks good on paper, but in reality it's quite pointless, especially in 10 man when you rarely use it, but holy shit 4p loks really good, and yeah I guess it will be 120% on holy light.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac28083 View Post
    With the bonus the way that it reads (I think):
    Your Holy Light will also heal the Beacon for 120% of the amount healed. Your Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn, Light's Hammer, and Holy Prism will heal for 35% of the amount healed. All other heals will heal for 70% of the amount healed.
    Im pretty sure its going to be multiplicative which means its going to be 120%, 18% and 60%. Anything else is going to be incredibly overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like losing T14 4pc for these set bonuses. T15 2pc is situational and still tied to Holy Radiance, which both are useful in stacked AoE situations, but not much else. T15 4pc just means more overhealing for me, and even if you switch beacon targets and it's glyphed, it would be really clunky to fully utilize the T15 4pc.

Although we don't know how the fights will turn out. If a raid member gets focused and needs to be healed up along with the tank, I can see it being useful. But a 4s Holy Shock is far more useful than more beacon (over)healing generally.

Deleted
    T14 seems far stronger than these proposed T15 ones.

4s holy shock is really strong to beat

I am super excited for the T15 4pc bonus. As one of the other posts says with their break down of how(if implemented exactly as it reads)the different heals will be affected I can't help but go nuts once 5.2 comes out.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Deleted
    Unless you are constantly switching your beaconed target (which is a play style I don't really like personally) the t15 4 piece will result in mostly over healing. Am I the only one that isn't to happy about the new bonuses?

I'm not to excited about the holy set bonuses at all. They seem lack luster.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    That they do

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Tbf the current 4pc seemed pretty weak at first. Granted, the buffed it, but I now love the PvE 4pc.

Looking at these bonusses I have to wonder what blizz intends to do with them. The 2 piece set wants you to be stacked and use HR, while the 4p suggest heavy tankhealing of some sort, or else it would mainly be a big waste. I wonder exactly why they made the tier14 4p so strong now I see these ones, it's a bonus not easily beaten and would fit for a last patch of the expansion, not the first. As Theholypally said, they seem lacklustre, as if blizz didnt have anything better to come up with.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Compared to the bonuses the other healers get i really hope they are NOT final

I wonder if the two bonuses will stack.

For example, let's say we have Daybreak and use Holy Shock on our Beacon (for whatever reason) and there is 1 other person in range to get the splash heal, giving them the equivalent of 1.5x a Holy Shock. Now, typically our Beacon would get 50% of a Daybreak heal, which in this case would be 75% of the initial Holy Shock, but add in the 4set bonus and now we're talking 90% of the initial heal.

If the two bonuses stack in this way I can see them being quite useful with a little creativity. It seems that a lot of classes this tier have set bonuses that interact with one another.

I am going to hold onto my t14 4pc as long as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post

For example, let's say we have Daybreak and use Holy Shock on our Beacon (for whatever reason) and there is 1 other person in range to get the splash heal, giving them the equivalent of 1.5x a Holy Shock. Now, typically our Beacon would get 50% of a Daybreak heal, which in this case would be 75% of the initial Holy Shock, but add in the 4set bonus and now we're talking 90% of the initial heal.

If the two bonuses stack in this way I can see them being quite useful with a little creativity. It seems that a lot of classes this tier have set bonuses that interact with one another.
    If the 2 set bonus does exactly what it says then they will stack. However if it adds a 50% extra heal called Daybreak #2 then it might not stack but I doubt that will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by LAww_WWW View Post
    Compared to the bonuses the other healers get i really hope they are NOT final
    What, you're super jealous of Priests getting a buff on PoM (Best for Holy, a spec no one with a brain plays) and a 4pc most likely relying on the god-awful apparitions that Shadow currently has? Yeah, I can't wait. At least both your set bonuses are direct healing increases. I'd love if I got the same.

I agree that Shaman, Druid and Monk bonuses all seem quite good, though. I don't think they massively outweight Paladin ones, however. If apparitions from the Priest set turn out to be better than expected, I don't see the set bonuses of one class being massively over- or underpowered compared to others. Compared to T14 is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post

As to your query, firstly, I Just want to ask if our 'Daybreak' heals actually transfer through the beacon at all and I don't think it does.

What i can visualize of 2p would be the use of Holy Avenger, since it gives a 30% boost to our holy power generating abilities e.g Holy shock, this will give a 130% initial HS, followed by a 130%+65%=205% Daybreak (That being said casting 1 HS is as if you're casting 2 more extra HS splashed and don't forget illuminated healing).#

I'm all for increased beacon transfers, a higher skill cap is always good. I'd REALLY like a 2p bonus that increased the range on holy radiance though

2pc is a joke, unless we have constant damage being split among the raid during the whole fight, even in that case holy radiance continues to be expensive.

4pc another bad joke, ok in fights where A player is targeted and etc is good, but u have absorbs and etc before your beacon heals anything so it is bad anyway , more overheal on tank. Even if u glyph beacon, i dont think it worth all the globals and etc, maybe on specific cases.