Personally, I don't use Harvest Life because I would lose Soul Leech in favor of an ability that can easily be replaced by Void Ray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just picked up Unnering Vision, and am using Cha-Ye's as my second trinket so most likely re-rolling demo for a while (at least on a lot of fights). Had a quick question re simcraft stat weights. Will just simming my char give me reliable stat weights to base my reforging on? Or does someone have a stat priority they would suggest over what simcraft will tell me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    Just picked up Unnering Vision, and am using Cha-Ye's as my second trinket so most likely re-rolling demo for a while (at least on a lot of fights). Had a quick question re simcraft stat weights. Will just simming my char give me reliable stat weights to base my reforging on? Or does someone have a stat priority they would suggest over what simcraft will tell me?
    Simcraft likes crit, which does scale with Cha'ye´s. But i dont think there is many fights you would see a good use of Crit vs Haste / Mastery. Haste scales your pet, your fury gain and RPPM trinket procs, to keep you in meta during trinket procs. Multi dotting and AOE burst fights you want Mastery (Lei Shen, Council etc.) so There isn't really many fights in ToT you can reliable use Simcrafts values for your DPS. Throw a coin into the ocean, and i think you have the same chance to find that coin again as finding the exclusive best way to stat yourself for fights with the new trinkets and meta gem.

That being said, you won't go far behind on DPS even with wrong reforges, often times its minor and just pure RNG about how your trinket procs and when.

Im shifting towards a more haste heavy demo with mastery with Breath / Lei Shen, while others go for more crit / mastery and cha'ye/lei shen. Personally never felt crit was good even with Chaye's, the procs are too random to say the crit really makes a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much Sparkuggz for the helpful, intelligent response. Appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkuggz View Post
    Simcraft likes crit, which does scale with Cha'ye´s. But i dont think there is many fights you would see a good use of Crit vs Haste / Mastery. Haste scales your pet, your fury gain and RPPM trinket procs, to keep you in meta during trinket procs. Multi dotting and AOE burst fights you want Mastery (Lei Shen, Council etc.) so There isn't really many fights in ToT you can reliable use Simcrafts values for your DPS. Throw a coin into the ocean, and i think you have the same chance to find that coin again as finding the exclusive best way to stat yourself for fights with the new trinkets and meta gem.

That being said, you won't go far behind on DPS even with wrong reforges, often times its minor and just pure RNG about how your trinket procs and when.

Im shifting towards a more haste heavy demo with mastery with Breath / Lei Shen, while others go for more crit / mastery and cha'ye/lei shen. Personally never felt crit was good even with Chaye's, the procs are too random to say the crit really makes a difference.
    When you say haste heavy how much are we talking? I just got the Thunderforged normal trinket tonight and im 525 ilvl, im trying with the 8097 Haste point, then mastery. And Im gemming for as much int as possible, after gemming haste to reach the haste point.

Also - Should I add a stopcasting macro to my meta? It often procs when im 25% way through a cast and with KJC I have to press escape atm to cancel my cast. Anyone had any ideas with this and whats the best way to handle it??
    Last edited by Chrispotter; 2013-04-10 at 12:30 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    4 seconds isn't much time so i play with a lot of macros to apply Doom on my target and focus target. I even have macros bound to my G600 to apply Doom per Boss frame (love that on Council, with the macros i'm able to apply Doom to all 4 targets within 4 seconds easily).

Target:

/stopcasting
    /cast [stance:0] Metamorphosis
    /cast Corruption

Focus:

/stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus] Corruption

Boss

/stopcasting
    /cast [target=boss1] Corruption

and so on...

8097 is the cap i play with. I think it depends on your gear how much haste makes sense for you. I'm at 521 atm.
    Last edited by mmocff0de3da04; 2013-04-10 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    I just use the built in /stopcast thingy in the keybindings options and bind it to my scroll wheel up. Works great!

Deleted
    Hey guys looking for a bit of help aoe wise, going to try demo this reset. I understand the basic concept of what to do.

We will be doing ji kun hc this week, so on the nests when ive popped my double felstorm, hog, meta, swarm,immo aura, what do you use then? If they where stacked it wwould be void ray but if things are slightly spread would harvest life be used? Would like to know this for other situations aswell when things arnt stacked tight or will void ray hit them?

Also i understand chaos wave is a no no, but if things are about to die and you can squeeze 1 in is it good or better to wait to use hog?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    I save cds for upper nests. For lower i just go with hogs, immo aura, carrionswrm and position myself properly for void rays. If im furystarved then hellfire.

Sacrifice is definitely the way to go for jikun. Nothing more satisfying than getting a 100% damage crit doom then proceeding to faceroll boss dps.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    When you say haste heavy how much are we talking? I just got the Thunderforged normal trinket tonight and im 525 ilvl, im trying with the 8097 Haste point, then mastery. And Im gemming for as much int as possible, after gemming haste to reach the haste point.

Also - Should I add a stopcasting macro to my meta? It often procs when im 25% way through a cast and with KJC I have to press escape atm to cancel my cast. Anyone had any ideas with this and whats the best way to handle it??
    As soon as I got the trinket I added /stopcasting macros for Meta and for Doom. I just kept missing out on 100% crit Dooms because of being mid-cast with KJC. I highly recommend using those macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Sacrifice is definitely the way to go for jikun. Nothing more satisfying than getting a 100% damage crit doom then proceeding to faceroll boss dps.
    ^^ This scumbag speaks teh truth. I finnaly got my Trinket this week so Ima coming for your WoL rank!!!!
    P.S destro is also awesome on this fight. The fight overall is not hard at all and you an save cd's for boss dps with primal nutrient buff. Nests should be no problems, heck you can actually Solo nests as a warlock so if u have 2/3 dps going to the nest u do not need to use cds.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    4 seconds isn't much time so i play with a lot of macros to apply Doom on my target and focus target. I even have macros bound to my G600 to apply Doom per Boss frame (love that on Council, with the macros i'm able to apply Doom to all 4 targets within 4 seconds easily).

Target:

/stopcasting
    /cast Corruption

Focus:

/stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus] Corruption

Boss

/stopcasting
    /cast [target=boss1] Corruption

and so on...

8097 is the cap i play with. I think it depends on your gear how much haste makes sense for you. I'm at 521 atm.
    Thank you for these, made a bunch of macros yesterday and they all worked great.
    Now just to find keybindings that i will actualy rememeber to hit for multi boss fights.

Also slightly OT, on megaera it seemed to not cast at Boss1, is this because the actual boss is Boss1 and the heads are 2/3 respectivly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Thank you for these, made a bunch of macros yesterday and they all worked great.
    Now just to find keybindings that i will actualy rememeber to hit for multi boss fights.

Also slightly OT, on megaera it seemed to not cast at Boss1, is this because the actual boss is Boss1 and the heads are 2/3 respectivly?
    On Megaera the Boss1 Frame is Megaera herself and not the Heads. They are 2 and 3. I actually just work with target- and focus-macros on that encounter.

i have a question about my reforge as demo. If im at 519, should i be using the reforge that says 509 on the front page? Also, at what item level do i want to start gemming out of int and into the my secondary stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando58 View Post
    i have a question about my reforge as demo. If im at 519, should i be using the reforge that says 509 on the front page? Also, at what item level do i want to start gemming out of int and into the my secondary stats?

You should sim your own character to get the best results. I have to gem for haste instead of int to reach the 8097 haste cap. So, not really a choice for me to gem for Int.

The situation is complicated...you may see higher scale values for int based gemming however when you sim int gems your results are lower than going w' haste gems to hit 8097 and then dumping into mastery. Right now I'm seeing better results with haste gems (but two int trinkets lei shen/shadowpan) and hitting 8097+ than going all int gems and lower secondary stats even though scale factors suggest otherwise. Some of it also comes down to playstyle and what your offspec is. If you aff offspec then haste gemming is better, if destro then likely int but those are generalizations. Def run your own and test it via some LFR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm only really demo for 1 fight, and that's council, but for it I use Everlasting Affliction + Leishens. I still hold the #1 dps spot on WoL so I'm pretty sure it's worth it there.

As for fights where you might not get the full benefit of the increased duration between procs, it's probably not worth it.
    Sorry Its probably somehere in this thread buts its become a very long thread :P. Can anyone confirm on what fights it is beneficial to use glyph of everlasting Affliction, or is it only a dps increase on Council? I used it last night on the first 4 bosses and while it definently got the most out of council, it was still nice for other fights, to know if I get bad rng on trinket proc, I have a longer time on my doom* before the 100% crit one will expire.
    Last edited by Chrispotter; 2013-04-11 at 12:02 PM.
    www.method.gg

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Mastery is superb over full intellect socketing?
    Or that applies only when you're above 530+?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    So, Mastery is superb over full intellect socketing?
    Or that applies only when you're above 530+?
    From what I can gather its worth putting 320 haste in some yellow sockets if U need it to reach 8097 haste point, then after that gem red: 160 int, yellow: 80 int - 160 mastery, blue: 80 int - 160 hit (or if too much hit, ignore and gem 160 int).
    www.method.gg