So this is a question for those more informed then i am. With a heroic 2/2 upgrades UVLS i get that hastecaps aren´t that important since you pretty much always get a chance to refresh your 100% crit doom before it falls of but for those of us that aren´t that far ahead in progress (and have crappy luck in RNG so we´re stuck with 502) wouldn´t 11987 haste be a pretty solid level of haste. This is an extra tick of doom + HoG with 30% haste. Hero is quite rarely used on pull. With the legendary meta i would GUESS that you can get a pretty high uptime of your 100% crit dooms that also have 30% haste. You pretty much always get in on pull. And you pretty much always get a refresh during hero. And even if i don´t have any evidence of it you probably get a refresh during the fight aswell since UVLS has a much higher proc-chance during the LMG proc.
I´ve heard people say stack haste as much as you can. I know alot of people in close to BIS gear have stopped stacking haste and started going for mastery. I´m guessing this is simply because you don´t need it for uptime purposes. I´ve heard alot of people saying go for 8100ish haste. I just think that you cast so many dooms under a 30% haste proc that it should be a good value to aim for. I know i´m usually wrong in my ideas but still. Better to put it out there then to just sit quiet.
Edit: Sorry for grammar/spelling. Rarely write anything in english anymore so might be pretty flawed.
Does /petattack macros worth for wild imps? I'm trying to find a way to control my imps and have them focus on Dark Animus.
your imps are set on assist.. you don't need one they will attack what you attack after a few seconds
the woes i have -.- another week, and no lei shen trinket. Been killing him since week 3 of 5.2, and still havent had it drop in either lfr or raids... Beginning to think it does not exist
The only instance of using this feature that I can think of in raiding would be wind lord. But even then I gave up on trying in order to be at a safer range after the bombs started coming out....
Wow.. cool guide
Just a couple of question, recently picked up UVLS normal and figured Id give Demo a shot.
1. For the opener am I supposed to wait for the trinket to proc to put up doom or just get it up once Ive used my cds and got my procs/other trinkets etc. Atm I'm finding sometimes Ill be coming to the end of my cds and then the trinket will proc I guess its best to jump into meta and reapply then.
2. If the crit trinket procs again say 30 seconds or so into the fight should I reapply doouble doom again even though its still buffed by my opening DS and cds.
3. What the best way to use meta generally, should I be aiming for an amount of fury for cds and then just popping in when I have some time between cds to ToC.
4. IS it best to use MC procced Soulfires outside of meta unless I have lots of haste cds up?
Sorry if these questions are dumb, trying to get a feel for this spec coming from aff/destro and it really feels very different.
1. Typically on my opener (I believe this should hold true across the board) by the time I have precast shadowbolt, applied corruption, first hand of gul'dan, almost all of my trinkets will have procced, I've berserked, etc. Meaning that I applied Doom x2 so that I have the longest (and most haste buffed) 100% crit Doom rolling. There is the very odd case where, on my opener, I will have all my procs falling off BEFORE UVLS has procced. In that case, perform your opener as usual, but only put up Doom x1. And then as soon as UVLS procs you should Doom x2 (or x1 depending on the duration left).
2. If my UVLS procs on the pull as normal, that means I will have the longest duration Doom I can get buffed with Meta gem and berserking - meaning faster 100% crit Doom ticks equating to more Wild Imps. In the case you are describing, I personally do NOT re-apply Doom if UVLS procs again just after I've completed my whole opener. Anyone feel free to correct me here, but in my experience I will still have UVLS proc again before that super buffed 100% crit Doom falls off. So I prefer not to overwrite my fast ticking Doom. I could be mistaken here, but I believe how I play that is optimal.
3. With UVLS you must always be able to pop into Meta the second UVLS procs. This means that any time you go into Meta form, you need to stay there at least 10 seconds before leaving. That being your highest priority, you need to manage your fury in a way that you can always stay in Meta for 10 seconds. Outside of that requirement, go into Meta anytime you are about to fury cap, anytime you have big procs up, and you'll also be going into Meta for that buffed 2nd hand of gul'dan.
4. I'm less familiar with the optimal way to hand this, so I'll defer to anyone who knows better. The way I understand it though, once you have the T15 2-piece, you will always want to use MC Soulfires inside of meta. The only time I use MC Soulfires outside of meta is if I have an absurd amount of MC stacks, or if I really need a lot of fury fast. Outside those two conditions, I build up fury primarily with Shadowbolts and Hand of Gul'dan in caster form and dump MC Soulfires in Meta.
There is definitely some fuzzy logic on when to use soulfire in meta. With the 2pcT15 its a given inside of darksoul or obviously when fury capping can happen. However the rest is very situational. Meta soulfire has 2x the DPET of ToC but 4x the DF cost so use it wisely. I will use soulfires if I have a proc up (trinket, engineering gloves, etc) in meta but otherwise will use ToC. Situational things also determine if I soulfire such as burst requirement on an add or something.
On something like heroic lei shen later phases I use soulfire in caster form to make sure I have fury to double CW + carrion + pre immo aura since I lose out on HoG DF generation during times when I am holding charges for ball lightning. Its just a situational thing you need to evaluate on the fly. Meta ToC vs Soulfire is sort of like the mana game arc mages (used to?) play. You balance max damage vs sustainability and the tradeoff of using the same MC charges for fury generation. On the high haste builds (14K+) I'd probably tend to use soulfire more. On the 8100 > mastery setups I might use ToC except for darksoul.
Just got my hands on uvls and ditched affliction for demo. It's been great fun so far. How many dooms do you guys manage to cast in the proc window? I've been managing 3 but was wondering if it's possible to reduce the global cooldown so much that you're able to pull of 4?
Hey guys! I've just gone Demo from Affliction. I was just wondering if i should gem into more mastery taking over the haste gems? (armory is in my sig i think hehe)
Also just got thunder forge Cha-ye's essence of brillance, should i replace Volatile talisman of shado-pan assault?
Last edited by Naiomie; 2013-06-24 at 07:05 PM.