Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    Its better to save up your mc procs for trinket procs + dark soul and dump them in meta form
    And if you're inbetween dark souls with high mc stacks and no foreseeable trinket procs? MC in caster form?

The only time you should really burn MCs in caster form is if you are sitting on 10 stacks in a multi target situation. You will get some spent mc procs right back 99% of the time so unless it's single target try to keep urself at around 7-9 stacks. If you are getting close to a DS burn and you want to spend MC procs to bait out 2pc that is when you can sit on 10 for a few seconds while waiting for your preferred bait dump timing. The reason it's better to sit on mc procs most of the time is because shadow bolt does more dmg then SF when it crits in caster form. When you pop into meta SF scaling is off the charts compared to ToC so that is why dumping MCs with buffs/DS is so important. The highest I've ever seen my SF crit in a non cheese scenario was about 1.1 mill. My highest ToC from what I remember was about 650k-700k so right there you can see the dmg difference under the most optimal conditions.

There is one condition I can think of where caster MCs may beat out Shadow Bolt and that is during Skull banner. I would have to actually test it but since banner only ups crit dmg and not crit chance AND crit dmg SB may still win out if it crits. I didn't know until a week ago but crit chance buffs Soulfire dmg 1:1 so if you have 10% crit you get 10% extra dmg on SF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Is Yulons Bite(timeless island crit proc) trinket of any valor in a fight like Paragon HC, Vs Flex Bindings or HC Multistrike?
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-10-27 at 02:23 PM.

Hmmm for the most part I've been toc spamming in meta. Obv pooling for ds/cooldowns but outside spending a ton of mc procs to keep buff up. There's so many variables to determine what's best its hard to judge.

You want to keep 2pc up
    You want to increase shadowflame uptime (meaning shadowflaming everytime shadowbolt procs and meta weaving from there)
    You want to pool mc procs for cooldowns.

One thing I can assure you is yoi want 2pc up for aoe. So spam those mc procs and pray right before aoe.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Brolo View Post
    Could some kind person put actual damage numbers to this sort of analysis? Or is it obvious which scenario results in more overall damage?
    The current 5.4 simcraft does exactly this - the only time it casts ToC in meta form is if it has DS that will expire before SF cast finishes, or if it is over 650 fury and in meta form. It only casts SF in caster if >=9 stacks.

Having played around with it a fair bit, I haven't been able to get it doing more damage by pushing SF's outside meta, or only SF'ing with buffs. However, you do get 1-2% increase by being more selective about when you use your second pot (syncing it with the first DS that has a trinket proc), and by using the 2nd charge of AD when you have both trinkets up OR the charge is within 60-90sec of reaching two charges.

Code:
    actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.dark_soul.remains>10&trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.react
    actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.dark_soul.remains>10&trinket.proc.intellect.react
    actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=target.health.pct<=25&buff.dark_soul.remains>20
    actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=target.time_to_die<30

and 

actions+=/dark_soul,if=!talent.archimondes_darkness.enabled
    actions+=/dark_soul,if=talent.archimondes_darkness.enabled&charges=2
    actions+=/dark_soul,if=talent.archimondes_darkness.enabled&&target.time_to_die<60&recharge_time<30
    actions+=/dark_soul,if=talent.archimondes_darkness.enabled&&target.time_to_die<30
    actions+=/dark_soul,if=talent.archimondes_darkness.enabled&buff.molten_core.remains>action.soul_fire.cast_time&trinket.proc.intellect.remains>action.soul_fire.cast_time&trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.react&demonic_fury>=500
    actions+=/dark_soul,if=talent.archimondes_darkness.enabled&buff.molten_core.remains>action.soul_fire.cast_time&trinket.proc.intellect.remains>action.soul_fire.cast_time&trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.react>6&demonic_fury>=200
    actions+=/dark_soul,if=talent.archimondes_darkness.enabled&buff.molten_core.remains>action.soul_fire.cast_time&trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.remains>action.soul_fire.cast_time&trinket.proc.intellect.react
    actions+=/dark_soul,if=talent.archimondes_darkness.enabled&recharge_time<90&(trinket.proc.intellect.react|trinket.stacking_proc.intellect.react>6)
    tl;dr,
    -cast soulfire if in meta, have enough fury and corruption isn't about to run out
    -if out of charges, ToC spam till you won't fury cap before meta comes off CD / darksoul runs out, and then gtfo meta.
    -always stack int/damage cd's - int pot with DS, use AD-DS with trinket procs etc. Syncing with haste buffs is never as good as you think it will be.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-10-28 at 03:52 AM.

Deleted
    Got a quick question

Is the shadowbolt glyph of any dps increase/decrease? Or of any use at all?

Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    Got a quick question

Is the shadowbolt glyph of any dps increase/decrease? Or of any use at all?
    The only thing ShadowBolt glyph ever did was make dps more average. It evened out the crits shadowbolt could have gotten to a move average number.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Hey guys,

I've got a question regarding the opener for Thok. Is it worth to keep DS until I have enough fury to go into meta during the fast screeches (meaning my trinket procs will all be expired/wasted)?

Or should I just do a normal opener (which leaves me with very little fury when I really need to ToC spam in meta in order to avoid screeches).

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    The only thing ShadowBolt glyph ever did was make dps more average. It evened out the crits shadowbolt could have gotten to a move average number.
    Just to clarify the wording on this (I think it could be misconstrued by someone not familiar with the situation):

Your dps will be the exact same, on average, with the glyph -- but what it does is increase the total number of events (with each one hitting for less). This smooths out RNG; you'll be less likely to have streaks (whether good or bad)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

On Thok just do the normal opener and make sure you have a weak aura tracking devotion aura so you know when you can safely spam cast shadow bolts. Another trick is to use the reduced cd on UR glyph and pop that for interruption immunity when you have procs up and want to toss a few metafires.

I would advise not using the shadow bolt glyph. It really doesn't smooth out RNG to a noticeable extent. Plus if you have a binding you won't be getting higher uptime on it regardless of how many events occur from shadow bolt.
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Quote Originally Posted by Betrayerx View Post
    I would advise not using the shadow bolt glyph. It really doesn't smooth out RNG to a noticeable extent. Plus if you have a binding you won't be getting higher uptime on it regardless of how many events occur from shadow bolt.
    If that implies more chances to proc it when it is off ICD, that would make it attractive to me - I don't have my binding yet to test, but the biggest complaint I hear about it is that the 15% proc chance takes forever to 'force', meaning it doesn't always sync with rppm on the pull.

1-0.85^3 would be a 38.6% chance to proc while off icd, per shadowbolt with glyph, rather than 15% without, assuming it works that way.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-10-28 at 11:36 PM.

Hey I have a QUESTION..
    Just starting to use WoL + Compare bot. My guild doesn't play Demo however so I have no one to compare to. Can you recommend some awesome demonology players? Particularly ones who use Demo for ST and aoe/multi target fights?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjn87 View Post
    Hey I have a QUESTION..
    Just starting to use WoL + Compare bot. My guild doesn't play Demo however so I have no one to compare to. Can you recommend some awesome demonology players? Particularly ones who use Demo for ST and aoe/multi target fights?
    probably the guy who made this thread? not to mention sparkuggz, eack,gabzz (3/5 method locks) all use demo here n there
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-10-29 at 12:31 AM.

That is a good point about the pull and it not always procing right away. Not sure if the shadow bolt glyph will smooth THAT annoyance out but might as well toss it on for a week and see if I notice a difference with that particular situation.

Imo. It is very difficult to play demo without 4pc. That extra fury regeneration does wonders. Even without the 15k haste I'm already finding myself very fury starved to actually maintain corruption with toc and having very little fury for soul fire burns during the next ds. Tbh don't consider demo if you are simply not geared enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjn87 View Post
    Hey I have a QUESTION..
    Shinafae (Blood Legion) is really the only top level lock still playing almost exclusively demo. She's probably the top lock in the world.

I'd rather stay in meta and spend DF on soulfires w' a proc (or two) up then just manually renew corruption upon shifting back to caster. IE I'm really not sure the extra shifting and ToC's are worth it if you have MC charges to spend now that DF is tighter resource. Especially with AD there are plenty of times to insert a corruption into the rotation. If you are spending soulfires almost exclusively in meta you are in/out faster thus reducing the benefit of corr's DF contribution while you are in meta...in that if it falls off early you are not likely to be in meta for very long and if you are then you have really good reason (ie dumping soulfires w' a proc or dooming w' procs).

im playing demo more and more again but im still torn on whatis the best 2nd trinket to go with my hc bindings. ive been using 543 uvls or 574 ktt, i dont think the ktt is very good at all for it but the numbers i put out with it are very close to uvls numbers. the trinket i havnt tried is my 543 wush in the 2nd slot. ive noticed another 10man lock using wush as the 2nd trinket and putting up really big numbers. any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    im playing demo more and more again but im still torn on whatis the best 2nd trinket to go with my hc bindings. ive been using 543 uvls or 574 ktt, i dont think the ktt is very good at all for it but the numbers i put out with it are very close to uvls numbers. the trinket i havnt tried is my 543 wush in the 2nd slot. ive noticed another 10man lock using wush as the 2nd trinket and putting up really big numbers. any thoughts on this?
    I'll be doing our 10/14H clear tonight as demo, with a 580 PBoI and 543 Wush. I'll post back here after the night is over.

Edit: I'm sitting for many bosses in order to gear up another clothy. Guess not tonight
    Last edited by Mazda; 2013-10-31 at 02:58 AM.

got rank 1 on malkorok last lockout with Bindings + ULVLs.Acording to the logs i was extremely lucky with ulvls procs,but these pair of trinkets works best for me.Unfortunately i dont have BBoY,but KTT is trash for demo for sure,cos lots of our damage comes from pet/imps and KTT is not working with pets/guardians.
    You can check my logs here: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...4%D0%B6%D0%B8/