So I recently discovered warcraftlogs.com. I've just been testing the waters to see if it's something I want to actually use. I read about how it takes advantage of the newly implemented "Advanced Combat Logging" in 5.4.2. Needless to say I turned it on, and went to a target dummy. Funnily enough I had UVLS equipped and was doom spamming all 4 dummies. After the log uploaded I went to see what the option was used for. Apparently part of what it does is track the X and Y coords of players, npcs, bosses, and pets. Using the option "Combat Replay" I was able to watch myself, my pet, and all of my imps move around in realtime on an X, Y plane.

The reason I think this is relevant to Demo, is because if a 25m had 3 or more ToT UVLS demo locks on Council... Yeah... It would have been insane to log the positioning of all the imps. The bandwidth for all that text would have probably doubled compared to a regular log.

Just thought it was interesting. Here's the dummy parse if you want to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...0627&end=66734

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question.
    Simcraft shows Aff behind all specs. Is it useful to switch from affliction to Demo now when gear is 570+?
    AFAIK the rotation and priority are the same except some things about glyphs and others.
    SimCraft is dumb. Affli is still superior. I can't think of a single fight where Demo would be better.

With that said Demo becomes viable in >570 gear so if you want to play it go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    SimCraft is dumb. Affli is still superior. I can't think of a single fight where Demo would be better.

With that said Demo becomes viable in >570 gear so if you want to play it go ahead.
    I'm thinking about Thok H, Demo is the best spec there hence his silence doesn't interrupt when you're spamming ToC in Meta. Aff is better at burst, but... When you're AMs are on cd, and UR also then it's hard to channel MG

Deleted
    I'm thinking about Thok H, Demo is the best spec there hence his silence doesn't interrupt when you're spamming ToC in Meta. Aff is better at burst, but... When you're AMs are on cd, and UR also then it's hard to channel MG
    Erm not really. On heroic there are bats which destro is amazing on and it's still pretty easy to incinerate between roars in p1. Affliction is even easier. Get a /stopcasting macro and you pretty much maintain MG the whole time.

I'm a Demo fanboy but I wouldn't say it's the 'best spec'.

Deleted
    I've been thinking about doing a farm run as demo, I miss the spec a bit. I went to do the ra-den achiev this week and finally got UVLS (slowpoke yey!), is it still worth it using, having in mind that my other other options are wush hc tf and bindings flex? The other trinket is bboy normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    I've been thinking about doing a farm run as demo, I miss the spec a bit. I went to do the ra-den achiev this week and finally got UVLS (slowpoke yey!), is it still worth it using, having in mind that my other other options are wush hc tf and bindings flex? The other trinket is bboy normal.
    I'd go with Flex Bindings and Normal BBoY. Bindings lines up so nicely with Dark Soul/Service and BBoY is great for chunking out some monster soul fires in Meta, and the 10 stack on the pull makes for a monster opening Doom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    So I recently discovered warcraftlogs.com. I've just been testing the waters to see if it's something I want to actually use. I read about how it takes advantage of the newly implemented "Advanced Combat Logging" in 5.4.2. Needless to say I turned it on, and went to a target dummy. Funnily enough I had UVLS equipped and was doom spamming all 4 dummies. After the log uploaded I went to see what the option was used for. Apparently part of what it does is track the X and Y coords of players, npcs, bosses, and pets. Using the option "Combat Replay" I was able to watch myself, my pet, and all of my imps move around in realtime on an X, Y plane.

The reason I think this is relevant to Demo, is because if a 25m had 3 or more ToT UVLS demo locks on Council... Yeah... It would have been insane to log the positioning of all the imps. The bandwidth for all that text would have probably doubled compared to a regular log.

Just thought it was interesting. Here's the dummy parse if you want to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...0627&end=66734
    I don't think it was so much to do with that as it was promoting an undesired playstyle that's over reliant on a single item. Logging is entirely optional and down to the capacity of the logger's hardware.

^ I still don't see the relevance of that advanced combat log feature mapping out the coordinates for imp spawns......
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Quote Originally Posted by Betrayerx View Post
    ^ I still don't see the relevance of that advanced combat log feature mapping out the coordinates for imp spawns......
    It isn't relevant, currently. I just wanted to point out how absurd it would have been during ToT.

Y SO SERIOUS?

Well when you say stuff like "I think the reason this is relevant to demo" it sounds like you think the feature has some importance to the spec.
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Well when you say stuff like "I think the reason this is relevant to demo" it sounds like you think the feature has some importance to the spec.
    Alrighty then!

Deleted
    I've been playing demo since 2011 and am currently running 2-set tier 15 (gloves and legs) for the -30% demonic fury spell cost and 2-set tier 16 for the 20% dmg inc buff. My current setup is 559ilvl 8097 haste breakpoint with ~25% crit and 12.5k mastery. Considering changing to 4-set tier 16 and was wondering how others were geared in this respect? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoc75738e4b92; 2014-01-03 at 06:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR

How far is Demo from Aff in terms of solo target damage?

TL;DR

If both specs are played perfectly, not very.

TL;DR

I did 348k on Juggernaut this week, without the extra DS on pull (had just killed Galakras). My best try as Affli seems to be 373k. SimCraft says Demo is higher but Affli should pull ahead on a fight like that because of its short duration, at least when people are full heroic geared.

It makes me sad that I did 300k first week of normal as Demo and now more than 20 ilvls later I'm only doing 50k more.

Deleted
    It makes me sad that I did 300k first week of normal as Demo and now more than 20 ilvls later I'm only doing 50k more.
    Yeah the nerf was pretty heavy handed, but I still think Demo can keep up with Affliction on this fight especially. My best so far has been 388k having done 360k a few weeks before and 330k the week before that, gear going up around 2 ilvl each time.

The extra dark soul in execute when you're chunking out a shed load of soulfires will have made a difference I'm sure.

I'll give affliction a whirl this week I think and see how it compares.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did 348k on Juggernaut this week, without the extra DS on pull (had just killed Galakras). My best try as Affli seems to be 373k. SimCraft says Demo is higher but Affli should pull ahead on a fight like that because of its short duration, at least when people are full heroic geared.

T_T
    This nerf really hurt Demo spec in terms of compatibility to others two. Demo T16 bonus are both more powerful than Aff and Destro IMO. Too sad that Demo can't pull higher.

I pulled 378k on Jugg this week after not playing demo for about a month. I think you just need to play the spec better.

I pulled 378k on Jugg this week after not playing demo for about a month. I think you just need to play the spec better.
    I hadn't played it since beginning of November and still got a lot of high ranks. There's obviously room for a lot of improvement though because it's a very unforgiving spec and it takes some time to get used to it again. Sadly I probably won't play it in a while again because we have to reprogress by going 25m this reset.

Deleted
    I hadn't played it since beginning of November and still got a lot of high ranks. There's obviously room for a lot of improvement though because it's a very unforgiving spec and it takes some time to get used to it again. Sadly I probably won't play it in a while again because we have to reprogress by going 25m this reset.
    Fortunately I don't think you'll have issues re-progressing to be quite honest, up til siegecrafter should be pretty faceroll and though I never did him on 10 man, the 25 man strat appears way easier.

TLR; Play demo!