I also replayed demo this week except Siegecrafter HC and Garosh HC where Iam needed for AOE and burst, Iam 578, I dont have HC Black Blood, not even normal so I went with hcwf multistrike, Iam sure Black Blood would make a difference.

I think demo needs a buff in single target department, most probably wont happen anymore they just did a hotfiix to several classes that needed it.

Destro and aff are too good, and Blizzard doesn't seem to think on specs especially on pure DPS classes

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I hadn't played it since beginning of November and still got a lot of high ranks. There's obviously room for a lot of improvement though because it's a very unforgiving spec and it takes some time to get used to it again. Sadly I probably won't play it in a while again because we have to reprogress by going 25m this reset.
    It is very unforgiving but that's the beauty of the spec. It's complex and requires skill to be played at a high level which is a far cry from the faceroll nature of Destro and Aff. That's what makes the spec appealing to me, I love the challenge it presents and the feeling of satisfaction you get from doing things right and parsing high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

For how long have we been able to demon leap straight upward ?? Only just noticed it a couple minutes ago
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    For how long have we been able to demon leap straight upward ?? Only just noticed it a couple minutes ago
    Since the 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    How else did you jump over the blue circle thingy on Lei Shen

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Since the 5.0
    Really ? I'm just boggled that after spending nearly all of ToT as Demo that I never once just jumped straight up and hit Demon Leap. I mean ... I could have sworn that I had before and it launched me forward rather than straight up. But if it's been this way all of MoP I guess not.

This is crazy ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, some blue confirmation if you will that Demonology is 'inferior in most situations'. That's going to inspire players to pick up and stick with the spec, isn't it. :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well, some blue confirmation if you will that Demonology is 'inferior in most situations'. That's going to inspire players to pick up and stick with the spec, isn't it. :\
    The irony is that in reality, demo can still be superior to the majority of other specs. Its really not in a bad place at all if you look at it on its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    The irony is that in reality, demo can still be superior to the majority of other specs. Its really not in a bad place at all if you look at it on its own.
    Doesn't have to compete with those 20 though, just Dest/Aff.

If we're looking at just numbers it's obviously Destro and Affli that should be fixed. All issues with Demo are from all bandaid fixes made to the spec that makes it bad in a raid environment. Too high damage from Doom and still fury starved in full heroic gear and ridiculous haste levels. Sadly with two specs working so well they're not gonna bother fixing Demo until next expansion, so all our efforts to make it playable again will have to be put into the WoD feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    If we're looking at just numbers it's obviously Destro and Affli that should be fixed. All issues with Demo are from all bandaid fixes made to the spec that makes it bad in a raid environment. Too high damage from Doom and still fury starved in full heroic gear and ridiculous haste levels. Sadly with two specs working so well they're not gonna bother fixing Demo until next expansion, so all our efforts to make it playable again will have to be put into the WoD feedback.
    Well yeah, but they've already come out and said they won't nerf specs unless it's due to a bug at this point in case it hinders guilds' progression. That's fair enough.

I don't really have an issue with Doom's damage being so high, as it does require a lot of management to get so much out of it, but I do feel the disparity between it and Corruption is excessive. I wouldn't say I felt Fury starved though, even though I only play with 8.1k Haste since I found taking more to be seriously detrimental in terms of chopping off the peaks for not much fill in the troughs.

Going into the next expansion, sure, there are gaps that could probably be fixed, but until then I really don't see the harm in perhaps a buff to base Mastery from 8/24% to 10/30% to make up for the lack of the general lack of damage relative to the alternative spec we have to offer.

For as little damage as corruption does I'd rather turn up the DF generation from other sources, remove it from demo, extend shadowflame's dot 6'ish seconds. They can take out void ray or turn it into a dark chain lightning (an aoe to use at range when IA isn't practical?) while they are at it. I might also do the always crits thing to chaoswave and scale it with crit to smooth out pvp. As for imps I'd put the glyph effect back in at 5 imps but make it baseline at 2 mins without the negative penalty while on CD. Let the imp spawn from nukes scale with haste, even buff it slightly, and take crit doom tick imp generation out. Aside from some pvp stuff like having fel flame refund 80% of its mana cost when striking a player target would do wonders for the spec. Either way...hopefully with another pvp season and 6-9 months of SoO its not entirely out of line to do some minor fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    They can take out void ray or turn it into a dark chain lightning (an aoe to use at range when IA isn't practical?) while they are at it
    Removed, or shifted to be a fnb style felflame maybe? A narrow width directional spell as an 'upgrade' always seemed crazy to me, and now that it doesn't extend dots...

Void ray is one of those spells that literally turned into a "trap" to cast with the changes they made. Normally something that unpolished wouldn't make live (more what I'd expect mid iteration ptr) but for some reason there is total dev apathy towards it. Especially as awkward to aim/use as void ray has always been its no gem of a spell before all this mess. Also when they did their public (then again stealth) nerfs to HF/IA they really could have dialed back the DF cost accordingly. I highly doubt that would strike anyone as unreasonable and its something they already did when they took chaos wave's balls several tiers ago.

If we are seeing another season and they are clearly doing some tweaks based on that (armor for hybrid casters, pvp anti casting speed change, etc) this would be the time for them to try out some of these changes...especially if the next season's patch isn't a patch or even a ptr. The tweets show they see it isn't being used but seem to play the "well some locks (like BL's ones) do good pve numbers with demo...no fixing needed" mental card. When you look at lock pvp ladder rep and the changes do you really think locks are going to do anything but faceplant next season without help? We are what...last place in 2's and low in 3's relying 100% on a fotm to get a kill for us while we get a CC chain up. The situation of pve "meh" and pvp "/facepalm" with a new season looming feels like a now or never point for demo this expansion.

Deleted
    I am going demo this reset for a chang and I have read the main guide regarding trinkets but I am still not 100% sure about trinket choice for demo. I have HCWF amp, HC KTT, WF BBoY, and HC frenzied crystal.
    According to the guide hcwf amp + hc ktt, though, I would have that that wf BBoY would be better than KTT, for same reasons its better for aff; doom snapshotting, or what am I missing?

Also which fights would you use frenzied crystal on as demo?

Amp+Blood is the best combo for demo. Crystal is complete garbage, toss that thing in the trash. The low proc rate will never make the cleave worth it on any aoe fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Deleted
    For Demo I stick to HC Bindings and HC KTT, as my BBoY is still only a shitty normal version. I think the difference between the two is minimal if BBoY were to be warforged.

For BiS I'd definitely use BBoY over KTT, especially on shorter fights like IJ/Malk where that super buffed opening Doom ticks for huge amounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they would've returned dat Glyph of EA, so that fights would've been superb for Demo...
    Miss these days.

Does anyone here track the GCD for ToC?

I'm getting nitpicky and setting up non-casttime GCD bars, but they don't seem to apply for ToC.

Advice?