Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    Nobody else tested stat weights/pet with the upgrades? :'(
    I may do it tomorrow, no promises :P

Please do! I'm getting super mixed results with single/multiple targets and encounter lengths.

Please do! I'm getting super mixed results with single/multiple targets and encounter lengths.

There might be some fight length where you just barely don't get another use where it is slightly worse, but I wouldn't worry about it.

That's single target. Try it with +2 targets. Also try it with hectic add cleave (which, tbh, represents a lot of encounters on SoO). Sup seems to pull ahead on those by quite a margin.

That's single target. Try it with +2 targets. Also try it with hectic add cleave (which, tbh, represents a lot of encounters on SoO). Sup seems to pull ahead on those by quite a margin.
    APL won't play hectic add cleave anywhere near correct, I wouldn't take much stock in those.

As for 2 targets, I would imagine in order for it to be a true increase the targets would have to be literally stacked together which almost never actually happens outside of Sims. Protectors comes close, but you have one guy porting around and mobs spawning and despawning so often you never get a full cleave outside of true aoe spells with larger radius'. Same thing with Dark Shaman.

Also, looking at these results I am pretty sure that Mortal Cleave isn't implemented correctly but i'll have to check once servers come up.

Biggest thing to remember in sims, there is no positioning of targets so anything that can cleave will cleave. That isn't often the case in real play.

demo

how do you start at pull? i mean its usless to do cds with proccs when their are like no fury to burn?

Moved your post to the sticky, as you're more likely to get an answer here.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-05-21 at 09:08 PM.

They really should sticky these guides...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    They really should sticky these guides...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide
    Good thing they are.

Ok so I recently got some advice to use Immolation aura more often on fights with 3 or more targets. I seem to struggle with using it properly.

My question is; do you guys typically bank enough fury to use it for its entire duration? Or do you more so stance dance to meta pop IM-A for a few ticks then pop back out? I typically feel that using IM-A makes me go OOF- or Out of Fury rather which I know is a no-no to optimize stance dancing (having enough fury to pop back into meta for doom and SF procs )

So how do you guys do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    Ok so I recently got some advice to use Immolation aura more often on fights with 3 or more targets. I seem to struggle with using it properly.

My question is; do you guys typically bank enough fury to use it for its entire duration? Or do you more so stance dance to meta pop IM-A for a few ticks then pop back out? I typically feel that using IM-A makes me go OOF- or Out of Fury rather which I know is a no-no to optimize stance dancing (having enough fury to pop back into meta for doom and SF procs )

So how do you guys do it?
    You generally want to make sure you have enough DF banked to IA for the full duration of MF.

how many weeks till you start doing a good dps as demon, comming from destro (after almost 12months without touching demon)??

I want to reroll but i don't want to upset my guildies, i do a fine dps as destro, and I find affliction boring and too unstable, so I want to try demon just for the lulz, but i don't want to be perceived as a slaker

I know it depends, but there's some little things you learn once you do a fight several times that really increases your output, maybe 3 weeks? maybe less? idk, is there some obscure thing we should do on SoO bosses? (a.k.a padding huehue)

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    how many weeks till you start doing a good dps as demon, comming from destro (after almost 12months without touching demon)??

I want to reroll but i don't want to upset my guildies, i do a fine dps as destro, and I find affliction boring and too unstable, so I want to try demon just for the lulz, but i don't want to be perceived as a slaker

I know it depends, but there's some little things you learn once you do a fight several times that really increases your output, maybe 3 weeks? maybe less? idk, is there some obscure thing we should do on SoO bosses? (a.k.a padding huehue)
    When I switched over it was a pretty big adjustment - but the best thing you could do is to just hit the dummies up and practice your rotation before the raid. Once you feel you can do the rotation well enough then go in with the expectation of no longer topping the meter (at first) but doing mediocre damage until you get comfortable with multidotting/fight mechanics/when(and when not to) felstorm, etc

After we cleared SoO I pretty much went straight back to demo from destro, and the majority of bosses I at least met my destro DPS from the previous clear. Obviously this is anecdotal and I prefer playing demo, but playing demo isn't a huge hindrance to the raid on the final bosses (where it would matter at all), unless you have to do mines on siegecrafter/engineers on garrosh.

Get a black blood, practice the shadowflame stacking, 10 stack dooms and be ready to use MF.

Note: This is purely from a 25 man PoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    Snip
    QFT.

The same can be said for 10 man too, mostly. A few fights can suck depending on strat, like Nazgrim we still tank boss away from adds, and Spoils is pretty shitty for Demo compared to Destro, but all in all Demonology is fine on pretty much every single encounter.

Mannoroth's on 10 man still really useful on quite a few encounters.

Guild is slowly transitioning to fully 25 man, so looking forward to see how much better it fares. Second skull banner again to actually empower Soul Fires will be very sweet.

I hope this has not been asked before:

The spreadsheet adds 0.3 to the crit damage for Skull Banner. Does it work this way? Tooltip says it's 20%, so I thought it maybe should be 0.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pusikas View Post
    I hope this has not been asked before:

The spreadsheet adds 0.3 to the crit damage for Skull Banner. Does it work this way? Tooltip says it's 20%, so I thought it maybe should be 0.2.
    And this is why more people should double check shit for me =P Thanks and Fixed.

I fight the same thing. I want to mess with Spec, but don't want growing pains to effect the raid. Outside of getting comfortable with your rotation and shaking off the rust, the biggest thing for me is relearning the fights. You don't have wipe after wipe to refine how you execute each element of the fight. Learning how to min/max nuances of the spec in correlation to fight mechanics and flow, to get the most out of yourself is the bigger hurdle.

Mechagnome
    Maybe I'm blind and missed it, but please add the opener to the OP!
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

So I'm also getting back into Demo (bored as all hell with Destro/Aff) and I've got two questions:

I remember before reading about a bug with Supremacy Felguard where he would cap his energy before using an ability. Is that still an issue? Should I macro his ability into shadow bolt or something if so? I usually go Service as Demo but for stuff outside raid I get lazy.

Corruption: Does ToC extend this or refresh? What I'm asking is, if apply Cor with 10 stack + meta, can I roll that forever or does it recalc on every ToC? I think it's the latter, but just checking.

Sorry if those were in the guide, I didn't notice when I went through again.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    Corruption: Does ToC extend this or refresh? What I'm asking is, if apply Cor with 10 stack + meta, can I roll that forever or does it recalc on every ToC? I think it's the latter, but just checking.
    it's refresh