Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinedoom View Post
    Any particular reason to use corruption after popping Imp Swarm and Grimoire instead of right after the first HoG?
    my guess is that the imps give you loads of fury. getting them up early means that you can spend more time in meta during the fury-starved opener, which is worth more than the very slight loss in corruption up-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    my guess is that the imps give you loads of fury. getting them up early means that you can spend more time in meta during the fury-starved opener, which is worth more than the very slight loss in corruption up-time.
    That, as well as your first tick of Corruption not being buffed by DS if you apply it first before you Imps and Service. If you apply it right before your 2nd HoG, and go HoG>Meta>DS>ToC>Doom, your first Corruption tick will benefit from DS.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-03-02 at 01:34 PM.

Question...

With the current live Simcraft, my Demo DPS is at 97k. However, with the PTR Simcraft, it drops to 95k. This is in Afflic gemmed/reforge mind you. Any reason why the PTR Simcraft may report lower DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by BossChef View Post
    With the current live Simcraft, my Demo DPS is at 97k. However, with the PTR Simcraft, it drops to 95k. This is in Afflic gemmed/reforge mind you. Any reason why the PTR Simcraft may report lower DPS?
    Make sure the APL is the same. Other than that, I don't know what would cause that. We were given pure buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth noting for those of us who need to put up CotE that you can fit Imp Swarm, Grimoire, corruption and CotE between the 2 HoG's and still get your 2 stack, it's a bit tight but it works.

Any particular reason to use corruption after popping Imp Swarm and Grimoire instead of right after the first HoG?

And to reply about the trinket questions above. I assume it will still be pretty good for shadow, just not brokenly OP? Anyway it's looking strongest for boomkins atm tbh, as dot crits give them instant starsurges, and starsurge crits extend the duration of their dots. It will be a 100% dot crit and instant starsurge spam fest for them. Depends a bit on luck how many of those Starsurges will crit and how long they can maintain that cycle but it will be very strong for sure.
    I thought I read a blue post somewhere saying they did something where the 100% crit would only refresh once or something like that so they wouldn't be able to maintain the cycle forever.

And as other people have said, the corruption comes after for the extra fury generation. And extra wave of casts is going to be an extra ToC during the initial cooldowns which is worth more then a very weak first corruption tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Depravitty, ToC gets zero benefit from Haste other than refreshing Corruption.

@Sick, If you have the MC procs and the Fury, Soul Fire is worth using in Meta on live, and will be even better in 5.2. The key is to not starve yourself out of Fury and Mana and be forced to Life Tap during Bloodlust.
    So if we have a mid pull Bloodlust I should be looking to bank a bunch of MC procs and fury. Thanks Depravity for your responses as well. Both of you were immensely helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I thought I read a blue post somewhere saying they did something where the 100% crit would only refresh once or something like that so they wouldn't be able to maintain the cycle forever.

And as other people have said, the corruption comes after for the extra fury generation. And extra wave of casts is going to be an extra ToC during the initial cooldowns which is worth more then a very weak first corruption tick.
    It was shadow priests who got a cap on how long their dots can extend through apparations/their new set bonus, because it would have been an unending cycle.

As far as I'm aware nothing is changed for balance about the trinket, Blizz even admitted it might be too good for balance but that they wouldn't do anything yet and monitor the situation. However their starsurge has to crit in order to extend their dots and in reality the dots will fall off after being extended for a while even if theoreticly they could be extended for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was shadow priests who got a cap on how long their dots can extend through apparations/their new set bonus, because it would have been an unending cycle.

As far as I'm aware nothing is changed for balance about the trinket, Blizz even admitted it might be too good for balance but that they wouldn't do anything yet and monitor the situation. However their starsurge has to crit in order to extend their dots and in reality the dots will fall off after being extended for a while even if theoreticly they could be extended for ages.
    Ah, that's what it was.

I have a question regarding opening a fight as demo.

All the guides I read say use DS:K as #1 on the priority. However, at the start of a fight you have only 200 demonic fury (100 of which is used to put up an early doom). Should we still use DS:K as early as possible, despite the fact that most of its duration will not be during meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Slonato View Post
    I have a question regarding opening a fight as demo.

All the guides I read say use DS:K as #1 on the priority. However, at the start of a fight you have only 200 demonic fury (100 of which is used to put up an early doom). Should we still use DS:K as early as possible, despite the fact that most of its duration will not be during meta?
    Read over the last couple of pages. There has been an excellent discussion on how your opener should work, what to do during BL and priority changes in execution range.

Deleted
    Switched to Demo recently and I'm doing good with it but there's one thing I'm unsure about. When using DS+Meta do I drop out and cast HoG once SF runs out or should I just spam ToC and reapply SF with a double stack later, even when that means DS is already over?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsnak View Post
    Switched to Demo recently and I'm doing good with it but there's one thing I'm unsure about. When using DS+Meta do I drop out and cast HoG once SF runs out or should I just spam ToC and reapply SF with a double stack later, even when that means DS is already over?
    Should generally make sure to use up your HoG stacks before going into DS+Meta

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Hand of Gul'dan - Imp Swarm - Grimoire - Corruption - Hand of Gu'dan - Metamorphosis \ Dark Soul - Doom

I didn't put it on the front post because it assumes that you are using both Imp Swarm and GoServ which are not a given.
    Does the order of Dark Soul and Meta matter if they are macro'd together?

Also, how does haste affect imp swarm? Does the cd tick faster when haste procs occur or do you need to wait for haste procs before casting Imp Swarm?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Does the order of Dark Soul and Meta matter if they are macro'd together?

Also, how does haste affect imp swarm? Does the cd tick faster when haste procs occur or do you need to wait for haste procs before casting Imp Swarm?
    Its cooldown get snapshot on use The only haste 'proc' worth waiting on right now is Heroism, next patch when we get the Meta gem we will most likely want to use Imp Swarm with that.

So we should only use HoG when we pool both charges and only Meta weave the second one when they stack? I thought I'd read a long time ago at MoP launch the damage didn't stack on the charges, was this wrong/fixed? Also during BL, if I run out of MC procs and build up a lot of Fury and have a moment without HoG charges, is it better to just cast SF in Meta even with the long cast time?

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    That, as well as your first tick of Corruption not being buffed by DS if you apply it first before you Imps and Service. If you apply it right before your 2nd HoG, and go HoG>Meta>DS>ToC>Doom, your first Corruption tick will benefit from DS.
    Doesn't imp swarm get buffed by DS? If you use imp swarm before you pop DS isn't that a waste?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lichanator View Post
    Doesn't imp swarm get buffed by DS? If you use imp swarm before you pop DS isn't that a waste?
    I think the imps update dynamicly with your buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    I think the imps update dynamicly with your buffs.
    Correct, as does Meta for the person who asked earlier.

Deleted
    Corrution doesn't tick while you're spamming Touch of Chaos though, right?

And it doesn't tick for damage while in meta NOT spamming Touch of Chaos either, right?
    Cause my MSBT isn't registering any Corruption ticks while I'm in meta.

MSBT "thinks" your corr ticks are doom ticks for some reason.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.