Quote Originally Posted by Depravitty View Post
    Gemming full mastery out sims int gems at higher gear levels that is why shina is gemming that way, not just for affliction. You should sim your char pretty often once you start getting more gear from ToT to see when mastery/crit begin to out weigh int.

Once you have Unerring, Mastery gems should start to beat Int if you're above 520 ilvl. That's what I've been seeing, at least. If its close (Like .45 to Int's 1.00) go with gemming Mastery due to the undervalue of Mastery in Simcraft for Demonology. Sadly, they still haven't fixed it even though Zinnin wrote them a fix forever ago.

I'm really glad I got Unerring Vision off of Lei-shen first week. It was absolutely amazing the damage Demo is able to pull out on council with Unerring + Everlasting Affliction + GoSac.

http://i.imgur.com/PSNli0W.png

http://i.imgur.com/LwvI6Zp.png

http://i.imgur.com/dYV2yQ1.png

I got this screenie from our kill video I recorded:

http://i.imgur.com/6xGKzUr.jpg

I count like 15-16 Wild Imps alive at one time there. :P

It's pretty funny looking at the logs and seeing ~38-40% of my total damage come from Wild Imps.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-03-21 at 03:01 PM. Reason: If you're going to link images use linked large thumnails, please. These pics were HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Once you have Unerring, Mastery gems should start to beat Int if you're above 520 ilvl. That's what I've been seeing, at least. If its close (Like .45 to Int's 1.00) go with gemming Mastery due to the undervalue of Mastery in Simcraft for Demonology. Sadly, they still haven't fixed it even though Zinnin wrote them a fix forever ago.
    Pretty much this, but i am currently scaling better with crit/mastery (mastery is slightly less than int for me but thats the profile not taking into account the more optimized profile.) than int without the Crit trink so i don't think you need the trink for mastery to begin to out weigh int.

I've seen some demo locks use GoSac, mainly on jin'rokh, but I assumed this was for the damage buff you get in the puddles. When is it worth it as demo to use GoSac? Is this just fight related where you can get some 100% crit dooms up (Trinket procs) and be starved in fury and spam soul fire due to the molten core procs? Or can it be a dps increase in general when you get Unerring?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Saviour View Post
    I've seen some demo locks use GoSac, mainly on jin'rokh, but I assumed this was for the damage buff you get in the puddles. When is it worth it as demo to use GoSac? Is this just fight related where you can get some 100% crit dooms up (Trinket procs) and be starved in fury and spam soul fire due to the molten core procs? Or can it be a dps increase in general when you get Unerring?
    GoSac is a competitive option on a single target fight. I don't agree using it on Jin'rokh is better, as a lot of the dps that comes from GoSac is Wild Imp damage which isn't boosted by the pools, however it is close enough that you aren't going to see a huge change in damage no matter what route you go.

As far as the gemming people have been talking about, it is worth gemming secondary over int at high gear levels, however there isn't a complete clean point where this is true so you just have to judge it for yourself. I am not gemming secondary yet because I play Destro often enough that I don't want to gem in a way that is such a small dps gain for Demo and not a DPS gain for Destro.

Howdy guys. I'm just back to WoW (left before MoP) and I was always demo spec beforehand. Well lets just say I'm was a bit overwhelmed at everything going on my screen but I've been reading this guide and its ironed out a bit. I'm still have a problem with knowing when to use my Meta now. I literally feel like I'm trying to learn standard again in a car. From what I understand, Meta is used now for synergy in CDs. I get that when the stars align I will transform and blow stuff up but what about the rest of the time. Like if I have only a small amount of fury at the start of a long fight do I do CoEl->Corr->Meta->Doom then manually transform back and build fury again? If they CDs aren't lined up do I switch back just to apply Doom again? It says in the guide that Soul Fires aren't good in Meta but with an MC proc it is? So say I get a quick few MCs procs (Say 3 stacked), do I Meta for those 3 then switch back? Am I always doing it wrong if my Fury is capped but my CDs aren't synched up yet? I know its a lot of "what ifs" but there have been so many times now where I just don't know which path to take. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Start with curse, hog, corr, imps, service, hog, meta+dark soul, doom, apply second doom if u have all procs up, spam touch of chaos till you get out of meta, soulfire, hog, meta and spam touch of chaos till the end of dark soul. Then just follow up normal fury generating rotation (shbolt or sfire mc procs spam), every time you can use 2 hogs (throw 2 spells in between them) pop meta before second hog lands for buffed 2 stacks of shadowflame, use couple of touch of chaos to extend corr, drop meta and build fury again.
    Dump fury mostly with nice trinket procs and dark soul. Try to cast doom as buffed as possible. Get affdots addon, it wil help you with tracking power of your doom.

These are some quick tips. Sry for chaos, writing on a mobile device

So at ilevel 484 thats to early to start reforging/gemming Mastery over Haste?
    I saw mentioned here high level gear, ilevel 522, utilises Mastery better over Int., not willing to try that yet but should I be sticking to a Haste cap of 3036 for the extra Doom tick then just blow out into Mastery?
    I only have Crit as a base stat on gear, I dont gem or reforge for it, I'am not sure when to start building this up if in fact I need to.

Well same here... I dont know if there is a 100% sure what to reforge at demo...and I WOULD need some help please... which stats to give priority after int and hit?
    I have read everything...

I have a noob question, "Does doom benefit with more haste?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    I have a noob question, "Does doom benefit with more haste?"
    It does. At 3036 haste you allready get an extra tick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    Well same here... I dont know if there is a 100% sure what to reforge at demo...and I WOULD need some help please... which stats to give priority after int and hit?
    I have read everything...
    I don't think you have read everything. Sim it for you gear. I think its Crit > haste=mastery, and if you have Unerring vision of Lei-shen trinket, then i think its Haste > mastery > crit.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    I don't think you have read everything. Sim it for you gear. I think its Crit > haste=mastery, and if you have Unerring vision of Lei-shen trinket, then i think its Haste > mastery > crit.
    A little harsh, there is a lot of info in this thread that changes as you read it.
    Then you say "you think", not really a informative answer based on anything other than your guess.

I've ran my toon through SimulationCraft and to be honest thats a lot of numbers that to the untrained eye, like myself, that doesnt make a lot of sense.
    Last edited by Judas; 2013-03-24 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    I think there was some quick simcraft guide in affliction sticky.

So what is so awesome about Lei shen trinket for demo in single target fights?4 secs isnt much,I guess the most important thing during those 4 seconds is to recast Doom?

Did demo on our council 25m heroic kill today. Lei shen trinket and sacrifice. This is really insane. Did 235k dps and got the feeling that i could have done far better with a little more practice.

I guess we will see cap of wild imps soon when all the other classes start whining.

Deleted

I'm definitely more than satisfied with my lei shen trinket. Such a huge boost at literally every encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post

I'm definitely more than satisfied with my lei shen trinket. Such a huge boost at literally every encounter.
    I think you need a new method of obtaining screen shots hehe, yea the lei-shen trinket is looking promising for anyone looking to attempt demo moving forward; if my gear luck stays the same I will never have my fingers on it or any other trinket for that matter.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-03-25 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    I think you need a new method of obtaining screen shots hehe, yea the lei-shen trinket is looking promising for anyone looking to attempt demo moving forward; my luck is I will never have my fingers on it. ._.
    I purposefuly made it small, since the last time i posted a large picture, it got removed. Very fortunately for me it dropped on our first kill, and i'm currently topping everything besides horridon (our destro lock has an upper hand there). Funny how a single trinket turns a semi-broken spec into a very competitive dpser.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post
    I purposefuly made it small, since the last time i posted a large picture, it got removed.

Just post a link to imgur, its easier for everyone involved.