Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Around 6k is where sims start to show other stats are a dps increase, also with beserking, bloodlust and Valor trinket, any higher makes GCD capping a frequent occurance. Im sure there is some math that shows 7~~ or 5~~~ is the best point to go, but as a general rule when I play destro I go 6k haste then mastery.
    GCD capping is annoying for sure, but it doesn't make haste significantly worse than crit when talking about single target performace. Haste still reduces the duration of RoF, and makes Chaos Bolt cast faster.

My theorycrafting doesn't show haste being worse than crit or mastery all the way up to 10k haste rating.

Obviously this only applies for single target while you're using Sup/Serv. Mastery is best by far if you're using Sac or AoE'ing for a significant period of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any tips for Ji-Kun HM? GoServ is useless hence you're flying and pet always gets left behind?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Any tips for Ji-Kun HM? GoServ is useless hence you're flying and pet always gets left behind?
    GoServ is great for this fight.
    He brings some sweet AoE to the nests, which is highly needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    I think, Zinnin or Teye wrote some pages earlier, how to prevent pet despawning on this fight.
    As far as I remember, the key was to set the pet on follow, before you fly, but better look back for more details.

If you don't like that kind of pet management, you can be lazy and take GoSac at the cost of a high dmg loss on the nests, if you do not switch to Destro or Affli. (Maybe good shadowflame weaving may be sufficient on the nests, but it will be subpar to the Felstorm.)

I'm a bit confused about my simcraft. I understand it can't really be right, I'd just like a clue of whats going on.

My gear can be seen in my sig (armory). I'm at the 8.1k haste breakpoint. The weights I get are as follows: int 5.34, crit 2.42, haste 7.94, mastery 2.51. (I know the standart APL is flawed but was trying to get a rough estimate on stat weights)

Made a reforge graph to try get a hold on whats going on. Basicly it shows that going up 200 haste (at the cost of mastery) is no dps difference what so ever. Loosing between 100-500 haste is ~2.5k dps increase and gaining over 300 haste is a 5k dps increase.

Weird simcrafts asside, right now I'm gemmed/reforged for 8.1k haste>mastery>haste>crit. Is there any situations where I'd want to stack straight haste? I understand that mastery is really strong on aoe, but which fights if any in ToT hc facilitate a full haste stacked settup.

Sorry for being somewhat uninformed, but hardly played Demo this tier and just got my Lei Shen trinket. Just trying to get some info and don't have time to do a lot of research myself before next raid due to work.

Hey guys, I've been playing Affy for a while but I might be joining a new guild and they want me to learn Demo for certain fights so I just have a few questions.

In my Affy reforges/gems I have about 12k Haste but I also have my Meta and two RPPM trinkets, could I get away with leaving everything the same as Demo considering my gear?

Should I drop Glyph of Imp Swarm considering I have UVLS? My assumption was that I should.

EDIT: Also wondering if anyone has done any testing with Glyph of EA paired with UVLS

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-04-23 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    Can someone explain the corruption/Hellfire GCD chart that zinnin put into the aoe section? I read through it 20 times now and I still dont get it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might be the wrong place to ask, but can anyone recommend a CD Tracker addon which shows the individual cooldown for BOTH stacks of HoG or Conflag? At the moment, every mod that I have tried only shows the cooldown for HoG/Conflag once both stacks have been used, only showing the CD for the last used HoG/Conflag.

I've been working Heroic Jikun for the last week, and I'm at the point where I completely ignore my pet. The only time he despawns is if I jump down from the middle nest without hitting my goblin glider part way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
    Might be the wrong place to ask, but can anyone recommend a CD Tracker addon which shows the individual cooldown for BOTH stacks of HoG or Conflag? At the moment, every mod that I have tried only shows the cooldown for HoG/Conflag once both stacks have been used, only showing the CD for the last used HoG/Conflag.
    Weakauras.

This is from the Weakauras thread, and is similar to what you're looking for: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20731441

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    Can someone explain the corruption/Hellfire GCD chart that zinnin put into the aoe section? I read through it 20 times now and I still dont get it
    # of Targets Time Needed
    3 14s
    4 18s
    5 22s
    10 42s
    15 64s
    20 84s
    If there are 3 targets up, you put Corruption on them if they will be alive for longer than 14 seconds. Otherwise you Hellfire.
    If there are 4 targets up, you put Corruption on them if they will be alive for longer than 18 seconds. Otherwise you Hellfire.
    If there are 5 targets up, you put Corruption on them if they will be alive for longer than 22 seconds. Otherwise you Hellfire.
    Etc.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-04-23 at 03:06 AM.

TellMeWhen will show the stacks as well. Just make it so it's always on (enable when usable and unusable) and enable show timer.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you both! The WeakAura string was exactly what I needed!

Deleted
    Your minion will not disappear when jumping from nest to nest or nest to main platform IF you have him on follow/assist/agressive, or whatever it's called nowadays.

He WILL despawn if you have him on passive and you move from let's say a lower nest to an upper nest without first ordering him to follow.

Greetings fellow demonology warlocks.

I have a question about scale factors, I tried to sim my character with 10000 iterations, patchwerk style encounter, all buffs and target debuffs, scaling set to intellect, hit, haste, mastery and crit.

I got these scale factors doing the sim twice:
    Int 5.42 Hit 4.24 Crit 1.97 Haste 4.34 Mastery 2.67

This tells me that intellect is twice as good as mastery, haste is better than mastery.

Here's the question, I was under the impression that you want to stack as much mastery as demonology as possible, whilst staying at the 8094 haste plateu due to the Lei Shen trinket. Having as much mastery as I can get because of wild imps. Is the APL in simc faulty, or am I doing something wrong with the SimC?

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A0/advanced

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Isuldur View Post
    I got these scale factors doing the sim twice:
    Int 5.42 Hit 4.24 Crit 1.97 Haste 4.34 Mastery 2.67

I wouldn't expect to see Haste that high without a 2nd RPPM trinket and without the Legendary Meta. That said, simming Patchwerk dps is generally not the best idea. Sim light movement and 2-3 targets to get results that are more in line with the majority of fights in ToT.

After running my sims i come up with
    int>sp>hit>crit>mastery>haste. stat weights below.
    Int SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery
    6.22 4.88 4.35 3.29 2.10 2.42

Here is my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced . here is my question. Should i just go full mastery and see if the weights change? Ive read that i should have a certain amount of haste (number value) and then go heavy on mastery. Simcraft is confusing the hell out of me. The sim was done as a light movement with three targets. 10k iterations. Even mrrobot and wowreforge is telling me otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Around 6k is where sims start to show other stats are a dps increase, also with beserking, bloodlust and Valor trinket, any higher makes GCD capping a frequent occurance. Im sure there is some math that shows 7~~ or 5~~~ is the best point to go, but as a general rule when I play destro I go 6k haste then mastery.
    Thing is, once you start getting good RPPM trinkets/the legendary meta, haste will start pulling ahead again.

Is there any chance of someone with the "know-how" putting up Doom haste breakpoints with Everlasting Affliction in the next 3 hours??

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mazda; 2013-04-23 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I ran the sims for Imp Swarm. If you are geared to 8097 haste it is best to just couple Imp Swarm with DS, if not its best to use it on 30% haste proc. On the pull (as long as its been a few minutes since the last pull) it is good to wait on Imp Swarm till your first proc.
    so if it doesnt line up with DS and say its like 1+ Min still until DS comes off Cooldown, Should we be saving it until Meta gem Procs or Use it instantly?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Is there any chance of someone with the "know-how" putting up Doom haste breakpoints with Everlasting Affliction in the next 3 hours??

Thanks.
    I don't remember the exact number, but if you get the shadowflame breakpoint that's around 8k haste you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I don't remember the exact number, but if you get the shadowflame breakpoint that's around 8k haste you'll get it.
    Awesome, thanks. Heroic Council 10, here I go.