Question about the Wild Imps spawned from Doom, do they function with an Assist or is it a locked on target that proc'ed them to come out. Was wondering if the Wild Imps from UVLS Dooms were procc'ed from Humming Crystals, would attack just the crystals or would they assist you on your current target?

We have already killed Tortos on Heroic for 3 weeks, but since we got our 4th Lock, one of us can play another spec besides Affliction (use the kite bat strat along with each lock CoE'ing a Turtle. I wanted to try Demo with this idea. Just wanted some thoughts on if anyone else did it.

I understand the Doom Dmg on the crystals is meh scumbagging but if the Imps follow your assist would it be a viable way to dps this encounter if they hit your target? Plus you would have a large amount of Fury which could make nuking down WT easier right?
    Last edited by Ravoks; 2013-05-06 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    Question about the Wild Imps spawned from Doom, do they function with an Assist or is it a locked on target that proc'ed them to come out. Was wondering if the Wild Imps from UVLS Dooms were procc'ed from Humming Crystals, would attack just the crystals or would they assist you on your current target?

We have already killed Tortos on Heroic for 3 weeks, but since we got our 4th Lock, one of us can play another spec besides Affliction (use the kite bat strat along with each lock CoE'ing a Turtle. I wanted to try Demo with this idea. Just wanted some thoughts on if anyone else did it.

I understand the Doom Dmg on the crystals is meh scumbagging but if the Imps follow your assist would it be a viable way to dps this encounter if they hit your target? Plus you would have a large amount of Fury which could make nuking down WT easier right?
    They follow your assist.

However AFAIK Dots put on crystals have a substantially shorter duration than normal. (I tried with immo for fun one time, and I think it ticked twice instead of it's normal duration)

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    False. It scales with both.
    wat rly?

- Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance – [0.8085*(1+SpellCritChance)] RealPPM on critical harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.

so this is wrong or did I miss something? ._____.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    They follow your assist.

However AFAIK Dots put on crystals have a substantially shorter duration than normal. (I tried with immo for fun one time, and I think it ticked twice instead of it's normal duration)
    How much shorter is it like completely half the duration? If so would EA pick it up? Just wondering. Thanks for the info tho

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    wat rly?

- Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance – [0.8085*(1+SpellCritChance)] RealPPM on critical harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.

Afaik, this information is correct, but you did miss something. The number you've got there is the RPPM of the trinket which then scales with haste, for other trinkets this number is static, while Cha-Ye's has the additional scaling with crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    wat rly?

RPPM always scales with haste.

They made Cha-ye's RPPM value increase with spell crit chance.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    How much shorter is it like completely half the duration? If so would EA pick it up? Just wondering. Thanks for the info tho
    IIRC Immolate is 12-15 second base with like 6-7 ticks. It seems to me to be about 10-20% of the normal duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shorter on the crystals for Doom is a 20s DoT, at least from AffDots. I didn't track it past that. Corr lasts 6s, Doom 20s. I'm pretty sure it ticked twice, and that was all.

Not really a convenient imp generator as long as long-lasting turtles are around, or bats if you're kiting and not afraid of threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Afaik, this information is correct, but you did miss something. The number you've got there is the RPPM of the trinket which then scales with haste, for other trinkets this number is static, while Cha-Ye's has the additional scaling with crit.
    l0l I'm dumb. Obviously that's how it works. Too much school too little WoW is bad for your brain.

Ah okay, no problem was just wondering, thanks for the advice.

Deleted
    Man, trying Demo for the first time ever, the mind boggles

Have Thunderforged UVLS and normal Cha-Ye, and am using this macro for the on-pull burst, with GoServ, ~8100 haste, ~9.5k mastery.

/castsequence reset=target Grimoire: Felguard, Hand of Gul'dan, Corruption, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Hand of Gul'dan, Imp Swarm, !Metamorphosis, Doom, Doom
    /petattack

Usually UVLS procs right after HoG, allowing me to put the double doom with the 100% crit on the target. Then when the macro ends I usually have Cha-Ye's, Jade Spirit and Dark Soul still up, and if I have any MC procs I use those up and then spam ToC till fury runs out. After this it's basically shadow bolt -> HoG -> shadow bolt -> HoG -> Meta -> SF/ToC when I have some Molten Core procs or Cha-Ye/Jade spirit, and I have enough fury to last 10 secs for meta to go off CD. Rinse and repeat till Dark Soul/GoServ/Wild Imp comes off cd.

Now a fellow warlock (Alarinth) uses the exact same macro, but he has engineering and tailoring, the legendary meta and around ~1.3k more SP than me.

When he uses the macro, his opening burst peaks to around ~300-450k and then settles down to around ~170-180k or so.

When I use the macro, my opening burst peaks to ~250k highest, but usually around ~210k or so. It settles down to ~140k.

Why is there such a huge disparity in burst DPS when we're both using the same macro, but the only difference is he has Lightweave + Engineering glove proc and the legendary meta proc whereas I have none of those. Does that really equate to 100-200k difference in burst damage? :/
    Last edited by mmoc0a4b403eea; 2013-05-06 at 06:22 PM.

Yes.

Why do people use opener macros in the first place? Is it that difficult to remember what you do at the start of every pull?

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Yes.

Why do people use opener macros in the first place? Is it that difficult to remember what you do at the start of every pull?
    I don't understand that either personally, maybe it's for sanity's sake on long raiding nights and people just aren't good at staying absolute after long periods of time.

You don't really see a crazy increase to burst damage until you get the legendary meta gem and UVLS, then your burst will be over the top (from what I've seen in comparison to logs, my current burst is ~480kish with the legendary meta gem, no UVLS and no lust. It's upwards of ~520k with lust.).
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-05-06 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    Yes.

For someone that's never played Demo before, yes. Although admittedly, once you get used to the opening rotation it should be perfectly feasible to do the same without the macro.

Deleted
    Yes.

Well TBH demonology has so many buttons to press at the opener, its easier to make a macro.

"So many buttons to press"... Wow, you must not have played Demo in Dragon Soul... (Inb4 someone tells me it was easier and I laugh at them for not Mastery snap-shotting.)

Also, day off. *dance*

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    "So many buttons to press"... Wow, you must not have played Demo in Dragon Soul... (Inb4 someone tells me it was easier and I laugh at them for not Mastery snap-shotting.)

Also, day off. *dance*
    Apply to a guild that works with your work time, so you can stay in the loop! :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post

Also, day off. *dance*
    You are right, i didn't play demo in Dragon Soul. Does it matter? Does it make you better player if you manually press all buttons and not using any macros? Nope, it makes you more stupid if you want to do more work for same result(less if you screw up). Obviously you should have all spells which you use binded to keys for better effectiveness, but macroing 13 spell opener where every spell is instant cast is just smart.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    You are right, i didn't play demo in Dragon Soul. Does it matter? Does it make you better player if you manually press all buttons and not using any macros? Nope, it makes you more stupid if you want to do more work for same result(less if you screw up). Obviously you should have all spells which you use binded to keys for better effectiveness, but macroing 13 spell opener where every spell is instant cast is just smart.
    Doesn't make much sense to use an opener macro in a world with RPPM trinkets.

Deleted
    It does for demonology. So lets see
    /castsequence reset=target Grimoire: Felguard, Summon Doomguard, Corruption, Hand of Gul'dan, Berserking(Racial), Imp Swarm, Hand of Gul'dan, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Metamorphosis, Doom, Doom (copied from Sparkkugz, little changed)
    Tell me, what are you going to change from that opener if your UVLS procs or not? You don't precast anything so it will proc from corruption tick or hand of guldan (95% of time if you wait 5mins before pull) and you still have time to apply 2 dooms. If it doesn't proc immediately you can still cast doom when it does. Or do you think its more optimal to delay some of the spells/meta for UVLS or other trinket and lose your prepot+metagem proc while waiting?

It does if you can tailor your macro in such a fashion so that all the dots (including hog) will get the procs. Note that none of the first 3 spells have a very high likelyhood of triggering procs, and when they do, all the procs get dragged into the dots. I don't see any valid argument as to why that macro is a bad thing. And afaik, neither does sparkuggz, since he's the one who made a tutorial showcasing that exact macro^^.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud