Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    It does if you can tailor your macro in such a fashion so that all the dots (including hog) will get the procs. Note that none of the first 3 spells have a very high likelyhood of triggering procs, and when they do, all the procs get dragged into the dots. I don't see any valid argument as to why that macro is a bad thing. And afaik, neither does sparkuggz, since he's the one who made a tutorial showcasing that exact macro^^.
    I agree that macros are useful, and RPPM trinkets almost always proc on the pull if you have been out of combat for a little while. That being said, I feel like other than having the buffs macro'd in that the demonology opener is simple enough that the macro isn't really necessary. Not like it was in Cata. I don't feel overwhelmed by it, especially now that you can fit in most of the instant abilities inbetween the first 2 HoG's and 2-piece allows you to be in meta for most of its duration very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    "So many buttons to press"... Wow, you must not have played Demo in Dragon Soul... (Inb4 someone tells me it was easier and I laugh at them for not Mastery snap-shotting.)

Also, day off. *dance*
    I don't recall the Mastery snapshotting doing anything to make the rotation more complicated (besides 1 button to swap sets). Just means a couple more of the buttons are pushed before you enter combat. I would say the rotations were both equally complicated (although I did much prefer the old style of Demonology play), pet twisting and all.

I don't really get why everyone assume people use opener macros to avoid some kind of complexity? It's just a matter of quality of life. If I can get away with not pressing 8 buttons in a set order, but rather spam 1 button 8 times, why is that so bad? I'm really, really curious to hear a good reason now. We've already dismissed the RPPM because of the way the macro is built.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I don't recall the Mastery snapshotting doing anything to make the rotation more complicated (besides 1 button to swap sets). Just means a couple more of the buttons are pushed before you enter combat. I would say the rotations were both equally complicated (although I did much prefer the old style of Demonology play), pet twisting and all.
    I guess you didn't know about Foul Gift of the Demon Lord.

I'm messing around, btw. The old rotation was fun and people didn't seem to understand how to pet twist. That, and no one really seemed to know about the Gift trinket trick...
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-05-06 at 10:15 PM.

Hey, ive been wondering about my opener for a while and i could really use a helping hand. Basically i dont have UvoLS yet, it refuses to drop on Normal, and im not sure if the LFR one would be better than what i have (Normal Cha Ye's + Shado-Pan). Basically my opener is

Prepot + Cast shadowbolt before pull > CoE > Corruption > HoG > Imp swarm > Shadowbolt > HoG > Meta instantly > Dark Soul + Grim: Fel > 2-3x ToC > Doom before any procs fall off > Use MC procs as they proc > No MC procs, spam ToC until out of fury

At this time my Dark soul usually JUST ends and i begin my normal rotation. I have 519 ilvl and my burst is around 230k, my steady is around 120-130k. I just..I feel like my opener could be worked on, thats the thing. I just dont know what to do about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I guess you didn't know about Foul Gift of the Demon Lord.

I'm messing around, btw. The old rotation was fun and people didn't seem to understand how to pet twist. That, and no one really seemed to know about the Gift trinket trick...
    They knew, Moonwell Chalice was just better (and easier to get). The trinkets in Dragon Soul rendered pet twisting (true, in combat twisting) irrelevent though. I enjoyed the spec then, but not for that, and not as much as I do now. It was different, I don't get why people harp on about the number of abilities in use being what made it "hard", I find resource management tougher (and more interesting) than just reacting to procs.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    Hey, ive been wondering about my opener for a while and i could really use a helping hand. Basically i dont have UvoLS yet, it refuses to drop on Normal, and im not sure if the LFR one would be better than what i have (Normal Cha Ye's + Shado-Pan). Basically my opener is

Prepot + Cast shadowbolt before pull > CoE > Corruption > HoG > Imp swarm > Shadowbolt > HoG > Meta instantly > Dark Soul + Grim: Fel > 2-3x ToC > Doom before any procs fall off > Use MC procs as they proc > No MC procs, spam ToC until out of fury
    Why are you pre-casting Shadow Bolt? Imp Swarm doesn't wipe the Demonic Calling buff; or is there something else I'm missing?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-05-07 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why are you pre-casting Shadow Bolt? Imp Swarm doesn't wipe the Demonic Calling buff; or is there something else I'm missing?
    With the Glyph of Shadow Bolt, i thought that gave Shadow Bolt a slightly higher chance to proc your procs and precasting it assures i'll trigger the shado-pan trinket before i cast my Imp Swarm, that way it benefits from the haste. At least thats what i always thought

2 reasons to pre-cast; you gain a tiny fury boost from the spell you toss and it will most likely proc Unerring, however, there is no reason to pre-cast anything because it doesn't give you enough time to throw out corruption and a hog unless you only wanna get one doom out and not have a pandemic doom in the opener. If you are going to pre-cast I'd suggest tossing soul fire over bolt. More dmg and more fury gain. Also helps to mention that supposedly the fury gain from a pre-cast helps some people stay in meta for the whole DS cycle which shouldn't be an issue to begin with unless you don't have 2p t15.
    Last edited by Betrayerx; 2013-05-07 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Deleted
    Sigh I cannot for the life of me beat ~240k opening burst, self buffed on a dummy, even with UVLS proc

Guess those profession Int procs from Tailoring/Engineering etc and the legendary meta gem really help

Deleted
    Regarding all the questions about the opener I can suggest Sparkuggz Videoguide. Helped me out big time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbvV...A4Vspw&index=2

Personally I dont have any setbonusses atm, but I have the meta, as well as the Lei Shen Trinket and I often end up being fury starved(during the opener). What I do to overcome this problem is, that I do the opener as described with only one HoG and drop out of meta for 1-2 seconds as soon as I am close to 2 stacks of HoG again. Then I cast them both and swap back to Meta and continue dpsing until DS/proccs run out. This gives your imps/dots just enough time to stay in Meta for the rets of DS. Maybe this helps some people with the same problem.

cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    With the Glyph of Shadow Bolt, i thought that gave Shadow Bolt a slightly higher chance to proc your procs and precasting it assures i'll trigger the shado-pan trinket before i cast my Imp Swarm, that way it benefits from the haste. At least thats what i always thought
    I thought only the middle Shadow Bolt from the Glyph had a chance to proc trinkets? Or has someone actually sat down and tested enough to provide some kind of proof to the contrary?

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggajuice View Post
    2 reasons to pre-cast; you gain a tiny fury boost from the spell you toss and it will most likely proc Unerring, however, there is no reason to pre-cast anything because it doesn't give you enough time to throw out corruption and a hog unless you only wanna get one doom out and not have a pandemic doom in the opener. If you are going to pre-cast I'd suggest tossing soul fire over bolt. More dmg and more fury gain. Also helps to mention that supposedly the fury gain from a pre-cast helps some people stay in meta for the whole DS cycle which shouldn't be an issue to begin with unless you don't have 2p t15.
    Doesn't sitting out Meta in DS waste a bunch of your Trinket/Legendary proc uptime if you don't have the MC procs? Still trying to work out if/when/whether letting one effectively cancel out/reduce the effectiveness of the other is a good idea.

Many questions and assumptions, let myself get out of the loop from lack of care and raiding for the past few months :3

Deleted
    I thought only the middle Shadow Bolt from the Glyph had a chance to proc trinkets? Or has someone actually sat down and tested enough to provide some kind of proof to the contrary?
    Teye made a Video using an old stacking trinket, and glyphed shadowbolt caused it to gain two stacks off the bat with nothing else cast.

I'm main spec destro right now until UVLS and possibly 4 set, but I want to get a stat priority that would work for demo and destro. I currently run 2haste>2crit>1int>mastery. Will something like this work for demo?

I'm waiting on getting UVLS as well and any freaking tier (lol I literally got my first piece last night and it was off piece legs :/) but I think 8097 Haste and stack mastery should work for both Demo and Destro if you don't want to reforge/regem for different fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I'm main spec destro right now until UVLS and possibly 4 set, but I want to get a stat priority that would work for demo and destro. I currently run 2haste>2crit>1int>mastery. Will something like this work for demo?
    Nope, crit is almost worthless for demo and mastery is very good for both demo and destruction, so 2mastery > 2Haste > 1int > 2crit is best for uvls demo+destro

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Nope, crit is almost worthless for demo and mastery is very good for both demo and destruction, so 2mastery > 2Haste > 1int > 2crit is best for uvls demo+destro
    Crit is very good for Demo until you get UVLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Crit is very good for Demo until you get UVLS.
    Yeah was about to say. I dont have UVoLS yet, and SImcraft tells me to gem pure haste and go for haste...If i follow that i get a dps LOSS of 10-20k. If i continue with my Crit>Mastery>Haste build, i gain 10-20k

Deleted
    Yeah was about to say. I dont have UVoLS yet, and SImcraft tells me to gem pure haste and go for haste...If i follow that i get a dps LOSS of 10-20k. If i continue with my Crit>Mastery>Haste build, i gain 10-20k
    Yep, just forgot to add "..worthless when you have UVLS" and he was talking about switching to demo when he gets the trinket so...

How is simcraft "telling you to gem pure haste and go for haste"?

Are you simming once, and looking at stat weights and taking them as gospel for all stat combinations?

The correct way to do it, if you're interested it, is to use reforge plots where it plots DPS versus sacrificing X stat and gaining Y of another stat.

A few questions regarding massive amounts of haste here..

I recently race changed to Troll, and that means I get the Berserking racial (+20% haste)... And, with the Legendary Meta that's another 30%, and with bloodlust we're talking an added 80% haste.
    With the Shado Pan trinket comes 8800 haste, and with herbalism comes nearly 3k haste.

Currently I have engineering and Tailoring, and if I'm swapping out one of the two it'll damagewise be engineering. I'm just not clear on what effect Herbalism has, or why it's in the BiS profile. I realize 20 seconds of 3k added haste is a lot, but I cannot see it's value compared to the same % uptime of 1920 intellect. Is it not worth the hassle unless it pushes me above a doom breakpoint during bloodlust? that's the only logical explanation I can see yet.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud