Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    Literally the only times I've ever gotten 4 off, is during Council. And really the only reason I was able to manage it was because I was queuing up to apply Doom RIGHT as UVLS procced. That, plus the fact that all the elders were stacked at that moment, allowed me to get 4 100% crit Dooms out - check WoL 10 man normal to see the result ;-)

Actually it's not incredibly hard to get 4 out when you are standing there testing on target dummies, but because it's such a tight window I rarely try to get 4 off in a raid situation. To me it's not worth possibly overwriting an already 100% crit Doom just to be able to push 4 out in that small window

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 02:04 PM ----------

I would say yes - switch the haste gems and hybrid haste gems to mastery and hybrid mastery accordingly. Get at least 8100 haste and pour the rest into mastery. I was recently able to get over 15k haste, and so I'm currently in a high haste build. Doing this purely for the increased imps - I can usually get an Imp Swarm off again before Dark Soul comes back off CD. That said, I've not noticed any real significant difference in my DPS from when I was gemming mastery and just going for the 8100 haste point. I may switch the gems back once I'm not so broke @_@ but I'm liking the high haste build for now.
    Thank you! I'll get right on that ^-^

Couple more quick questions:P

On durumu should I use HoG over Chaos Wave on walls? Also what am I supposed to do with MF during the maze I run out of Fury to ToC spam and end up not being able to do much dps there. IS voidray worth using on walls too?

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    Couple more quick questions:P

On durumu should I use HoG over Chaos Wave on walls? Also what am I supposed to do with MF during the maze I run out of Fury to ToC spam and end up not being able to do much dps there. IS voidray worth using on walls too?

HoG>Chaos Wave on walls, they last long enough. Void Ray is rarely worth the Fury unless you're hardcore carrying your group's AoE. When you're out of Fury and using MF, spam Fel Flame during movement. It hits harder than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    HoG>Chaos Wave on walls, they last long enough. Void Ray is rarely worth the Fury unless you're hardcore carrying your group's AoE. When you're out of Fury and using MF, spam Fel Flame during movement. It hits harder than you think.
    depends, we get all walls down in like 10s. but then you can of course put your hogs at the ones you're not nuking first.

Deleted
    Hey guys... After todays progress of HC Lei Shen (10), my GM "politely suggested" me and my warlock friend should go Demo. He's worried about the last phase Balls management. I know Demo is doing great on this fight, but having very little experience with the spec, I replied that I don't think this is wise and that Destro (which is my main spec) can handle the Balls quite well too.

Nevertheless he seemed to be convinced about his truth (i guess from watching too many Youtube videos and WoL rankings) so I said I gave it a try, since I didn't want to be the guy who refused to do all that he could to help his raid group. I'm partly hoping that after he'll see the abyssmal performance I'm going to put up, he'll ultimately agree with me, that it's not only about the spec, it's about how a player is comfortable with given spec and what are his experiences with specs on different encounters.

However, as I don't really like to suck, I've been practicing for half an hour on target dummies mainly focusing on opening rotation. I watch all the videos here, read all the guides and it's clear to me, but there's one silly little thing I've been struggling with and that is how to keybind my Metamorphosis.

I click my Dark Soul, Doomguard and Pot abilities but I figured clicking Metamorphosis would be highly impractical seeing that we toggle it on and off quite often.

I guess it's just a matter of habit, but I wonder how do you keybind your Meta so I can get some inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    depends, we get all walls down in like 10s. but then you can of course put your hogs at the ones you're not nuking first.
    10 seconds is more than enough time for HoG to outscale Chaos Wave.

@Rivio: I use the key left of "1", i.e. the leftmost key in the top row. I find that quite convenient and reachable for a skill used so often. Ultimately, you'll have to figure out what works best for you, though. I suppose you will need more buttons than you did with Destro, and it can take some getting used to; but these things are learned swiftly, and once you've got it committed to muscle memory, it'll work like a charm. I suggest running a few LFRs to get a feel for it in an actual raiding environment.

Regarding your general problem, Destro can totally be viable on LS, and has good Ball damage. That being said, Demo is probably still the better spec overall, on that fight and on several others in ToT. If you're a serious raider (and being on LS hc you probably are), you should not gimp your performance by sticking to a single spec - especially not with the next patch on the horizon. Who knows what the new tier may bring? Might be there's fights that HEAVILY favor Demo, and what will you do then? Your class has 3 specs, and while they are very often very close together in performance, there are regular cases where they are not. If you want to be an asset to your guild, you'll do what you can to maximize your performance, and that includes willingness to try out and play other specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    @Rivio: I use the key left of "1", i.e. the leftmost key in the top row. I find that quite convenient and reachable for a skill used so often. Ultimately, you'll have to figure out what works best for you, though. I suppose you will need more buttons than you did with Destro, and it can take some getting used to; but these things are learned swiftly, and once you've got it committed to muscle memory, it'll work like a charm. I suggest running a few LFRs to get a feel for it in an actual raiding environment.

Regarding your general problem, Destro can totally be viable on LS, and has good Ball damage. That being said, Demo is probably still the better spec overall, on that fight and on several others in ToT. If you're a serious raider (and being on LS hc you probably are), you should not gimp your performance by sticking to a single spec - especially not with the next patch on the horizon. Who knows what the new tier may bring? Might be there's fights that HEAVILY favor Demo, and what will you do then? Your class has 3 specs, and while they are very often very close together in performance, there are regular cases where they are not. If you want to be an asset to your guild, you'll do what you can to maximize your performance, and that includes willingness to try out and play other specs.
    I actually found out that "1" makes the most sense for me, because I have all the special-resource-consuming-abilities bound to it in my other two specs (Haunt for Affli, CB for Destro).

As to the second part, it's not about willingness, it's about playing one of the hardest encounters in current WoW outside my comfort zone. If I was as experienced with Demo as I am with Affli and Destro, then there would be no problem.

I do nevertheless agree that I should be able to play Demo on the highest level and this could be a good reason to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    10 seconds is more than enough time for HoG to outscale Chaos Wave.
    if all go down in 10s you have to think about where to place the hogs though

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    We're talking about progression, not lolfarmmode. During progression, it wasn't 10 seconds.

Quick question: does demo make sense on megaera 10hc?

I'm more comfortable with Affliction and would have to regem mastery to rebalance my stats... Is it only 3 adds that spawn? Sounds like a bad idea to aoe here... Not sure how much will using green head as a doom dummy compensate here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivio View Post
    However, as I don't really like to suck, I've been practicing for half an hour on target dummies mainly focusing on opening rotation. I watch all the videos here, read all the guides and it's clear to me, but there's one silly little thing I've been struggling with and that is how to keybind my Metamorphosis
    For Meta, I actually have 2 keybinds, one for 'on' and one for 'off'.

/cast [stance:0] Metamorphosis

This won't cancel Meta if you mash it to hell and back.

/cancelaura Metamorphosis

This wont put you back in Meta when you don't want to be.

As for keybinds, I'm weird, that's fine it. I use the numeric keypad + and -, they're close enough to my mouse hand for quick execution and far enough away from anything else to not mess up. If I had a Naga I'd consider putting them and a couple of others on there, but fuck £70 for a mouse, I break them too often.

Deleted
    Another option would be to bind Metamorphosis to some button on the Mouse, since its off the GCD. At least thats how i did it, just like with pretty much every off GCD abilitiy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    We're talking about progression, not lolfarmmode. During progression, it wasn't 10 seconds.
    been raiding casual so started heroics 3 weeks ago and killed durumu this reset. as destro i put immolate and rain of fire everywhere and just spam shadowburns from there because all walls are already so low. progression now means metagems and 530+ ilvl for most guilds and a very different fight for those who did it first week couple of months ago.

My meta bind is mouse wheel press and with Ctrl+mouse wheel press I switch to caster. My Ctrl is bound to mouse thumb button 1 in order to have ultra easy modifier binds with it.

Now... Yesterday we killed iron quon hc and I tried demonology for the first time. As expected the dps was abysmal. I had to stop mid fight and run make the portal for the healers I had forgotten to do (was the only lock in 25 man. Imagine this). Apart from going to meta when trinkets proc (like casting CB as destro) and casting Doom and/or burn fury is there any other time I should switch? I mean do I have, for instance, to go into meta after having two stacks of HoG?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Is there still an issue with using a wand and going Demo? I remember when MOP hit that if you had a wand it messed up your ability to spam (or something like that). Seeing as I finally got the UVLS and only have HM horridon wand and a HM spirit sword for weapons (lol @ the fact I didn't DE it) is the wand thing still a demo issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Now... Yesterday we killed iron quon hc and I tried demonology for the first time. As expected the dps was abysmal. I had to stop mid fight and run make the portal for the healers I had forgotten to do (was the only lock in 25 man. Imagine this). Apart from going to meta when trinkets proc (like casting CB as destro) and casting Doom and/or burn fury is there any other time I should switch? I mean do I have, for instance, to go into meta after having two stacks of HoG?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    My meta bind is mouse wheel press and with Ctrl+mouse wheel press I switch to caster. My Ctrl is bound to mouse thumb button 1 in order to have ultra easy modifier binds with it.

Key to doing good DPS demo on this fight is ensure your 100% crit Dooms have a generous duration just before the Quilen hits the 25% phase change mark so that it continues to act as an imp generator for you. During phase changes, shift to Demo to double doom Qon then double doom the new quillen, At this stage you have 3 dooms rolling, one should be 100% crit. If RNG gods love you, a trinket proc right at transition allows 3 100% crit dooms to be rolling just as you start wind phase!

You will use your Dark soul on pull obviously, and its timing should be perfect to fit between start of second quilen and first Wind storm, so for the duration of phase 1 quillen you are going to be building up fury so that you're full to get a good dark soul burn in before the wind storm. I found between the fury you burn while in meta for ~10 sec after double stacking HoD (yes do the meta weave) and the time the first add takes to die, you end up with enough fury banked to sustain your DS Soul Fire spam. I focus more on ensuring I have the banked fury needed for start of wind phase than I do burning fury off during trinket procs in first part of fight. This may not be optimal for sustained dps, but in regards to timing cooldowns and when I need my burst in this fight.. it works out well.

Phase 3 save your cooldowns and ensure you fury capped for when hero is blown at 25%

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Is there still an issue with using a wand and going Demo? I remember when MOP hit that if you had a wand it messed up your ability to spam (or something like that). Seeing as I finally got the UVLS and only have HM horridon wand and a HM spirit sword for weapons (lol @ the fact I didn't DE it) is the wand thing still a demo issue?
    Nope. Blizz fixed that by removing the auto attack. They compensated us by buffing Doom dmg. Only to nerf it a month later because multi target was too strong. Fortunately, Demo rebalanced itself thanks to an OP trinket.

Nice! Nice to hear that something was done about that,....now to get good at Demo.....................

So I FINALLY got UVLS LFR and already 2/2 upgraded it. Do I want to go for the 11987 breakpoint? It's +5 ticks with meta or hero. Or is it better to just go with 8100 and then mastery.

Any tips for me to get some more DPS out of my gear by gemming/reforging it?
    Also pet/grimoire choices.

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...einea/advanced
    Last edited by Eileana; 2013-06-25 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Dem' Grimoires