Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    I think my question might have gotten overlooked, what add-ons are people using to track their demonic fury?

Weak Auras.

I usually just watch my affdots for fury.

Anyway, I'm finding that my DPS varies about 80k depending on procs and such. If I get UVLS to proc on pull, I'm fucked because I don't get my HoGs off correctly and I run out of fury mid-dark soul. If I get UVLS to proc late (ie after Dark Soul ends), I'm fucked. Should the gap in DPS be that large? That seems ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

Anyway, I'm finding that my DPS varies about 80k depending on procs and such. If I get UVLS to proc on pull, I'm fucked because I don't get my HoGs off correctly and I run out of fury mid-dark soul. If I get UVLS to proc late (ie after Dark Soul ends), I'm fucked. Should the gap in DPS be that large? That seems ridiculous.
    Welcome to the RPPM era.

Well, even if you get your UVLS proc on pull, you typically have other stuff up -- Dark Soul, pre-pot, maybe your other trinket. Even if it procs right away I have time for one HoG and Corruption before I go into Meta to double apply Doom -- and I can then pop Service and Imp Swarm while in Meta, and my Fury lasts most of the Dark Soul.

My dps does very but not nearly by 80k. Personally, I'll take some variance if it means reactive gameplay and not a static opener that's exactly the same each and every time no matter what.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I've taken to hellfiring my way back to the boss to force some procs to restart the time since last proc timer. How is that good design?

I dunno ... my dps tends to be lower if I don't a proc in the opener, rather than the opposite.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm...
    New trinkets seem to be superb.
    Although, guess UVLS still we be better for maintaining high imp spawn rate.
    Unless they do smth to it.

I am starting to believe that the introduced RPPM as an excuse for class imbalance. "Blame da trinkets"
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

They introduced RPPM so good players don't get out-DPSed every single try by very good players. It used to be a lot like chess, i.e. with all things equal, the better player would always win. Now it's more like poker, where better players win in the long run, but still lose hands to luck. Oh sure they CLAIM that RPPM favors skilled players, because they can react properly; but they fail to recognize that ICD enabled skill in planing and anticipation as well. Well, they're right, in a way: RPPM does take skill to make best use of. But it also means that no matter how good you are, playing like a living god just won't cut it when your trinkets refuse to proc, or proc at the worst time (gotta love back-to-back UVLS during transition on LS).

It's easy to see the flaw in their logic, too: there is no real "long run" in WoW. People will kill bosses what, 20, 25 times during a tier *at most*? That is a ludicrously low sample size to see RNG even out. With top-tier people actually caring about stuff like WoL ranks, it's not surprising at all to see them cursing RPPM at every turn because it ruins their chances at the highest ranks so easily. Of course, this will affect only very few people in the world - which is precisely why they don't really care. What they do care about is that Joe Average sees their name at the top of the list every now and again, and keeps playing. And I guess that's definitely something that can happen with RPPM, at least to a degree. Mind you, we're talking about small differences here - it will help Joe Average beat Jim Average, but it won't make Johnny Retard a real contender. For now, anyway...
    Last edited by Biomega; 2013-06-28 at 01:44 PM.

I've taken to hellfiring my way back to the boss to force some procs to restart the time since last proc timer. How is that good design?
    You don't need to do that. If you simply zone in (or if you wipe to a boss its actually better to have them rez you), attach nothing and wait 5 min your trinket will proc on the pull 99.9% of the time.

Also - for an opener (pretty sure I stole from sparkuggz) that I have found to be very consistent in opening dps is Prepot Goserv:felguard, Hog, corruption, DS/Berserking, Imp swarm (typically my UVLS procs around here from either Hog or a corruption tick), Hog, Meta, Doom, Doom, Toc Spam and then when DS has like 7 seconds left on it I spam SF til DS is done then I pop out of meta.

I only use the 2 set but that lets me get 100% crit on a double HoG, lets me get a doom x2 with 100% crit and stay in meta my entire opener.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for Primordius H, bad choice for Demo hence pets don't benefit from buffs/debuffs, or not?
    Hard to choose.

Pets *do* benefit from full mutation, and will do full damage to Primordius as long as you have it.

-BUT-

Imps (and Doomguard) are *not* pets. They are guardians. They will *not* benefit from mutation, and will continue to do reduced damage throughout the fight. As Imps are usually Demo's top damaging ability, going Demo on Primordius is not a good idea.

You should really consider switching to Destruction for Primordius, or at least Affliction. Though personally I think ToT benefits Demo/Destro dual spec more than Demo/Affliction, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    Shadowed unit frames, but affdots is also a good option if you don't have that already.
    Your affdots is working?

Mine hasn't worked for a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    They introduced RPPM so good players don't get out-DPSed every single try by very good players.

So, what you're saying is that they took a ton of the skill out of the game and made it so dpsing is now a matter of mashing the right button when the pretty lights pop up on your screen.

In case anyone missed it, RPPM is a serious contributing factor for why I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    So, what you're saying is that they took a ton of the skill out of the game and made it so dpsing is now a matter of mashing the right button when the pretty lights pop up on your screen.

In case anyone missed it, RPPM is a serious contributing factor for why I quit.
    Recently, I've gone almost a full EA Glyphed Doom before my UVLS would proc. Very frustrating.

Just to pitch in on the RPPM topic... RPPM has really made dpsing all about RNG and luck now... its become alot harder to tell bad players from good players and it feels useless to play really well as some bad rng will make you have shit dps anyway, and if you were playing terribly you could get some lucky procs and suddenly your dps looks like your amazing.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Demon gear question 500Ilvl

Sooo... My Warlock is currently 500 Ilvl. and II'm not sure what haste cap I should go for/ How much mastery/crit I should aim for.

Currently at 7.4k Mastery/5k Crit/ 3.2k Haste.

I do NOT have Lei shen trinket.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Extas%C3%AD/advanced

Currently do about 100k DPS singletarget. it differs abit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by extasi09 View Post
    Sooo... My Warlock is currently 500 Ilvl. and II'm not sure what haste cap I should go for/ How much mastery/crit I should aim for.

Try to find an appropriate thread to post in before creating a new thread next time please. Moved your thread to the Demo sticky, where you'll get more informed answers.

Quote Originally Posted by extasi09 View Post

8097 Haste is the breakpoint, even without UVLS. Stack Crit after that. Once you get UVLS, choose between 8097 and stacking Mastery or stacking pure haste; both are viable.

RPPM might be pure luck but you give too much credit to ICD. I am astound you call skill watching a timer and line up some CDs with the trinket proc. it is in human nature to like everything that has chance.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.