Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    It's nothing to do with getting an extra cast of Imp Swarm off. It means in the gap between Imp Swarm and DS coming off cooldown, an extra Imp will spawn from Demonic Calling.
    Should be noted, and probably was, that you can fit in another imp swarm at that haste level should the meta proc during the second berserk. For me that window is about 5 seconds where I could fit it in, which can be done with weakauras, but yeah the bp is in reference to the passive.
    Last edited by Ezzyo; 2013-07-25 at 06:32 PM.

So I'm now around 540 ilevel. Is it ever worthwhile to go for the 14k-ish breakpoint or just 8100 and mastery?

about to start heroic animus progression. we're doing the strat with warlock pets tanking the small golems to make matter swaps easy. for people who have done this strat before: do you use GoSup or GoServ? do you use voidwalker/voidlord or felguard/terrorguard? do you need soul link? do you need to use health funnel? do your healers heal the pet or do you need to health funnel? glyph health funnel?

basically how much can you reasonably get away with in order to not lose too much DPS and not have your pet die?

Deleted
    Hello fellas!

I have been playing demonology warlock for a while now and playing as a demonology has come more interesting due to im so bored with my melee main.
    I know all the basics how the demo lock works etc. But since i love trying to do my best in every raid i have questions regarding race and professions.

First; i've read about Troll race way to go for demonology warlock, why ? orc racial seems also pretty good due to pet damage increase but in don't know if it affects on imps.
    Second; i've picked herbalism as my first profession and now i'm thinking should i take engi or tailoring. Which one suits best for demonology ?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mediocregatsby View Post
    about to start heroic animus progression. we're doing the strat with warlock pets tanking the small golems to make matter swaps easy. for people who have done this strat before: do you use GoSup or GoServ? do you use voidwalker/voidlord or felguard/terrorguard? do you need soul link? do you need to use health funnel? do your healers heal the pet or do you need to health funnel? glyph health funnel?

basically how much can you reasonably get away with in order to not lose too much DPS and not have your pet die?
    I use my Void Lord since it's the pet with the most survivability. But as long as it's using its Void Shield, it really doesn't need that much healing in the time that it takes to kill your add plus the pet's, especially with Soul Leech. Soul Link will also help mitigate its damage taken as long as you don't put it on while you're both tanking adds. If your raid is using you to soak full Matter Swaps, you'll have to take Soul Link anyway.

I've never tried to use a Terrorguard, but if you do use the Void Lord, he can hold an add for quite some time. Definitely more time than the adds should be up for.

Quote Originally Posted by leaderavia View Post
    I use my Void Lord since it's the pet with the most survivability. But as long as it's using its Void Shield, it really doesn't need that much healing in the time that it takes to kill your add plus the pet's, especially with Soul Leech. Soul Link will also help mitigate its damage taken as long as you don't put it on while you're both tanking adds. If your raid is using you to soak full Matter Swaps, you'll have to take Soul Link anyway.

I've never tried to use a Terrorguard, but if you do use the Void Lord, he can hold an add for quite some time. Definitely more time than the adds should be up for.
    Voidlord will also do more DPS to the add than any other pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    hah. I just looked at my voidWALKER, and it did more dmg than my doomguard in less than half the uptime. That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    hah. I just looked at my voidWALKER, and it did more dmg than my doomguard in less than half the uptime. That's funny.
    That too. Voidwalkers do great dps as long as they're getting hit.

Quote Originally Posted by leaderavia View Post
    That too. Voidwalkers do great dps as long as they're getting hit.
    They're roughly equivalent to every other pet when they're not! That makes them exceptional when they can tank stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathzerr View Post
    Hello fellas!

I have been playing demonology warlock for a while now and playing as a demonology has come more interesting due to im so bored with my melee main.
    I know all the basics how the demo lock works etc. But since i love trying to do my best in every raid i have questions regarding race and professions.

First; i've read about Troll race way to go for demonology warlock, why ? orc racial seems also pretty good due to pet damage increase but in don't know if it affects on imps.
    Second; i've picked herbalism as my first profession and now i'm thinking should i take engi or tailoring. Which one suits best for demonology ?

Thanks in advance
    1. Berserking is über. If you're lower ilvl, I think either are fine but most locks tend to go troll once they're higher ilvl. I'm sure somebody will wander by with why one race is better soon enough.

2. Either are fine, as well as Enchanting. Engineering is a bit better (imo) since it has more control whereas Lightweave can be hit and miss sometimes fishing for procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    What? :O

Anyway I use felguard since we kill his add pretty quickly and he is ready and free for action.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    What? :O

Anyway I use felguard since we kill his add pretty quickly and he is ready and free for action.
    Voidlord does roughly the same single target DPS as any other pet (bar imps which are behind). Give them some attacks to take and the void shield buff will explode and make em do more damage than another pet. (Plus take less damage than any other pet)

Inb4 someone does some "testing" on a training dummy and comes back raging that the Voidlord does less damage than the Imp.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Inb4 someone does some "testing" on a training dummy and comes back raging that the Voidlord does less damage than the Imp.
    haha, yeah it will come. I did not know that about the Voildlord when he get hits, thanks. My question is once his target dies do you manually turn off his taunt when you send him to boss? you wouldn't want him taunting boss? Cause I know manually turning off still takes like 2 mins to work.

Any ideas on race changes coming up at Blizzcon? Surely they will have to fix the dominance that Troll had this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by lichanator View Post
    haha, yeah it will come. I did not know that about the Voildlord when he get hits, thanks. My question is once his target dies do you manually turn off his taunt when you send him to boss? you wouldn't want him taunting boss? Cause I know manually turning off still takes like 2 mins to work.

Any ideas on race changes coming up at Blizzcon? Surely they will have to fix the dominance that Troll had this tier.
    It's a provoke and doesn't work on boss level mobs.

You also don't really need the taunt active to begin with. He can easily out threat someone unless they're full bore DPSing that add (in which case, why is your Voidlord tanking it anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lichanator View Post
    You NEED his taunt off if you're tanking an add as well regardless. Not saying you are - but if you're tanking an add alongside your pet, if his taunt is on, regardless of passivity, he will taunt your add. This ends poorly.

He should have 0 threat problems though.

Running with a LFR Breath of the Hydra and LFR Unerring Vision. You guys think I should swap LFR breath of the hydra with LFR Woosholay? All these trinkets are upgraded

My thinking is that Unerring Vision LFR doesn't proc as much as its higher level cousins. Plenty of times I have dooms that aren't crit guaranteed. I figure having Woosholay as my second trinket acts like a safety net and I can at least tag mobs and bosses with a hard hitting doom thanks to the Woosholay proccs.

Thoughts if this is worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oohwakamuu View Post
    Running with a LFR Breath of the Hydra and LFR Unerring Vision. You guys think I should swap LFR breath of the hydra with LFR Woosholay? All these trinkets are upgraded

My thinking is that Unerring Vision LFR doesn't proc as much as its higher level cousins. Plenty of times I have dooms that aren't crit guaranteed. I figure having Woosholay as my second trinket acts like a safety net and I can at least tag mobs and bosses with a hard hitting doom thanks to the Woosholay proccs.

Thoughts if this is worth it?
    In theory, wush and uvls is the best combo. However, the likelyhood of you getting uvls to proc when wush is at a high stack is pretty low, especially with lfr.

Unless you need the hit, I'd go with uvls and breath.

As it is, we don't really Doom for the damage so it shouldn't be of much concern weather or not the two trinkets proc together. Yes it would be better if they did, but dumping Soulfires starting at 5 stacks of wush can lead to some serious burst.

FINALLY got ULVS to drop from normal mode Lei Shen tonight so im respecing to Demonology. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced any pointers as far as my gems / reforging goes?