Deleted
    Have you tried a heavy crit setup yet?

Also is the crit proc trinket the 535ilvl from the timeless isle only, or is it just a weaker version?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Have you tried a heavy crit setup yet?

Also is the crit proc trinket the 535ilvl from the timeless isle only, or is it just a weaker version?
    That proc is the same between the isle trinket and SoO ones. They share the same proc, just in weaker/stronger formats.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

The point of zinnin's spreadsheet was to say that it's always more effective dps to either shadow bolt in caster form/soul fire in metaform. Obviously, its better to soul fire in metaform with procs, but you have to use enough of them (sometimes without procs) so that you won't cap on either fury or MC stacks before you get those procs.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    To those of you who play demonology on the PTR atm, how are your results? I find it hard to stay competitive with either 4/4 T16, or 2/4 T15 and 2/4 T16. Also tried a lot of variations in trinkets, but find the UVLS with Immerseus trinket to be the best combination. I've done most of the testing in the Flex raids, in 530 ilvl, and I've gone 8100 haste -> mastery -> haste -> crit.
    I found the same results with UVLS and Immerseus, I went with 4 t16 and 8100 haste 15k mastery and found still in top 3 damage, No glyph of everlasting I really noticed Doom falling off back to watching the timer on it I guess. Really like the 2 charges of Da, lines up well with imp swarm after using it with the Meta gem haste procs

Deleted
    Just wanted to share tonight's "amazing" occurance for me - during one of our Lei Shen HC pulls, I had 0 procs in the entirety of P1 and then.. get this, I had 4 procs during 1st intermision.. I myself wouldn't believe it if someone told me that, but there you have it

Aside from the amp/immerses trinket I'm having a hard time making the others work. Especially for demo and aff. The haste w' stacking int NEVER hits max stacks in its duration...also had entire pulls where it never procc'd. Cleave and toxic totem do nothing from pets/guardians which hurts demo quite a bit. My second best is the static int w' crit proc from the isle but since it has no heroic version its a dead end eventually. (that said Raden's first kill was with the shado pan trinket lol)

Demo still seems to have the chaoswave bug for the set bonus. Not sure if we are being charged DF for it but we are not getting what we would from HoG and it doesn't seem to even proc MC which CW should @ 100%. Also noticed this week I can't get amp to proc sometimes at all which I'm chalking up to a bug. Just hard to get any kind of solid data with this many bugs or at least inconsistencies.

UVLS can still work with demo but you need a HTF and good luck which is a facet of the spec I really want to get away from. So far a crit centric build seems to be strongest for demo BUT its really hard to tell for sure and you could never offspec aff. Might work for destro but its numbers are kinda awful and no mechanics fixes yet so can't trust much about it.

I kind of feel like doom should 100% spawn an imp on doom tick, maybe take away the imp generating passive on sbolt/toc/sf casts, and leave the glyph as a 2 min CD baseline ability. That presumes they fix the dopy set bonus to always HoG vs CW if it procs in meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    My second best is the static int w' crit proc from the isle but since it has no heroic version its a dead end eventually.
    Is there a reason there's no heroic version? Or has it not been datamined yet?

Earlier, in the 5.4 trinket thread, it was mentioned that the isle trinket (at 535 ilvl) is just a weaker version of the raid trinket. I would thus assume it had a heroic version no? Perhaps I'm just missing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually there are only heroic versions of gear that drops from bosses. Rarely are there heroic versions of gear that you can purchase. Unless, they do some type of upgrade mechanic that drop off bosses like in Firelands where you could purchase heroic versions of items off trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtlocker View Post
    Usually there are only heroic versions of gear that drops from bosses. Rarely are there heroic versions of gear that you can purchase. Unless, they do some type of upgrade mechanic that drop off bosses like in Firelands where you could purchase heroic versions of items off trash.
    I get that, but I was told that there IS in fact a raid version of the isle trinket.

We still have this raid trinket which has been datamined but without a name.

I'm just curious as i'm not informed enough to come to a solid conclusion.

Has perhaps the aforementioned trinket been scrapped in favour of the 535 isle version?

Edit: Could this mean the final trinket is a 'shared loot' kind of drop, or even just a normal trash drop?
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2013-08-13 at 12:47 PM.

Does Demo damage really depend a lot on having Unerring Vision? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gellock/simple My warlock (I still have to finish enchanting stuff) is having a bit of a problem maintaining high damage. I can usually open up with like 120k or so but I drop to maybe 80k to 90k. I've been trying hard to keep the rotation but idk, feels weird to be at 514 ilvl and not doing much dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelknight52 View Post
    Does Demo damage really depend a lot on having Unerring Vision? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gellock/simple My warlock (I still have to finish enchanting stuff) is having a bit of a problem maintaining high damage. I can usually open up with like 120k or so but I drop to maybe 80k to 90k. I've been trying hard to keep the rotation but idk, feels weird to be at 514 ilvl and not doing much dps.
    yes, you should consider going destro with your gear. only fights I did as demo before 13/13hc and UVLS dropped were megeara hc and twins hc (kiting suen). until then I played affli and destro on all fights. overall it has been mainly destro -> legendary gem = affli -> uvls = demo for me this tier.

As far as I know there isn't a heroic version of the static int w' crit proc (ICD) trinket. As I understand it the trinket is like the shado pan one this tier. Its not from any boss so no heroic version. Then again you don't get to see a static haste w' stacking int heroic till progression is over anyhow (even if it could be stacked by locks in its duration). That leaves us immerses + cleave or kardis if things stay as they are for the progression push.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the couple people out there that found my first spreadsheet interesting, thought I would give a small update. A few people asked for Crit to be added in, as well as raid buffs and the option to compare a second trinket so I added that in.

When I have time I plan on adding a sheet similar to the single target for AoE, that will show the difference between the different options we have for AoE over X amount of time.

Anyways for the power users out there that like to take a magnifying glass to the class and like to look at the super exact details, here you go. Tell me what you think, or give me idea's what to add that would be useful in helping you make rotational decisions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...5U0lHd0E#gid=2

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Yes you can.

You Dark Bargain w/ UR up then hope to god the healers are awake to heal you afterwards (helps to pop Twilight Ward to mitigate some damage).

If you don't have Dark Bargain up you can't solo soak it.
    Expecting to to finally hit H LS 10m and hopefully get this zone cleared before 5.4 and have a question about soaking at the 10M level. Everything I have read mentioned the DB + UR however to my understanding of how the conduits level up, in 10 man can we get away with using Shadow Bulwark + Sac Pact? And then for higher level up in later transition pair it with UR? Raid buffed this would give me 1.8m effective Hp for Sac Pact + SB and for later transition give me 2.5m when then paired up with the DR of UR. I've even toiled with the idea of dropping siphon life for Dark Apo for an added 15% DR, only downfall to that would be wiping clean any banked fury you may have had going into the transition.

Without experiencing the fight, those number seem within line. Has anybody here tried these combos that can yay or nay me?

I'm not exactly looking to reinvent the wheel 2 weeks before the fight is obsolete, but I personally would feel better running with the shorter cooldown abilities so I have a bit more liberal DR during other portions of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Expecting to to finally hit H LS 10m and hopefully get this zone cleared before 5.4 and have a question about soaking at the 10M level. Everything I have read mentioned the DB + UR however to my understanding of how the conduits level up, in 10 man can we get away with using Shadow Bulwark + Sac Pact? And then for higher level up in later transition pair it with UR? Raid buffed this would give me 1.8m effective Hp for Sac Pact + SB and for later transition give me 2.5m when then paired up with the DR of UR. I've even toiled with the idea of dropping siphon life for Dark Apo for an added 15% DR, only downfall to that would be wiping clean any banked fury you may have had going into the transition.

Without experiencing the fight, those number seem within line. Has anybody here tried these combos that can yay or nay me?

I'm not exactly looking to reinvent the wheel 2 weeks before the fight is obsolete, but I personally would feel better running with the shorter cooldown abilities so I have a bit more liberal DR during other portions of the fight.
    It'll work, but you have to make sure you're at full health when using SacPact which means that there will be certain times (getting blasted by a greater diffusion) you wont be able to soak it safely. DB ensures that you can always safely soak one instead of having to cause even more damage by making your group stack because you cant build up enough shield. Just seems like a safer bet to take DB IMO especially with our passive DR being insane already.
    Last edited by cryptic662; 2013-08-14 at 04:11 PM.

Quick question, is 502 uvls better for demo them 522 wush or N THunderforged breath?

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    Quick question, is 502 uvls better for demo them 522 wush or N THunderforged breath?
    Yes, it's.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    Until 5.4 hits, LFR UVLS beats out every other trinket except higher ilvl UVLS.

Deleted

MF and glyph HoG for maegera

Using MF and glyph for HoG for maegera (normal), would HoG hit two heads and would this be a dps increase? was thinking about trying this in lfr

Deleted
    It already hits 2 heads if have them next to each other,

And yes it is a valid ST increase because of more MC procs and fury