Deleted
    I too am curious about how demo stat weights will be looking in 5.2

Currently i'm able to rock the same gear for both destro and demo, but with the destro changes that might not be possible anymore. Thus how the demo stat weights come out will decide what grimoire I end up using for my destruction (since idealy i want to use the samge gear for both as much as possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    I too am curious about how demo stat weights will be looking in 5.2

Currently i'm able to rock the same gear for both destro and demo, but with the destro changes that might not be possible anymore. Thus how the demo stat weights come out will decide what grimoire I end up using for my destruction (since idealy i want to use the samge gear for both as much as possible).

Its possible that the buff to Soul Fire will cause Crit to edge out Mastery, but Soul Fire now being used in Meta will likely increase Mastery's value as well. They're pretty close on live with Mastery getting the edge (And a clear victory in anything AoE/HoG cleave) and I expect it to stay the same in 5.2. With the new gear, its likely that we'll go from 3036 Haste to 8064 for an extra Shadowflame tick and more Fury generation.

Edit, we get an extra Bloodlust Doom tick at 8097, so we'll probably do that over 8064.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-03-01 at 06:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Its possible that the buff to Soul Fire will cause Crit to edge out Mastery, but Soul Fire now being used in Meta will likely increase Mastery's value as well. They're pretty close on live with Mastery getting the edge (And a clear victory in anything AoE/HoG cleave) and I expect it to stay the same in 5.2. With the new gear, its likely that we'll go from 3036 Haste to 8064 for an extra Shadowflame tick and more Fury generation.
    From what I've run so far Mastery gains a huge edge on crit, and we might be gemming full mastery by the end of the tier.

Edit: I put a very preliminary trinket list on the front post. I edited the APL for the Lei Shen profiles to never drop out of meta until it is off cooldown to make sure you never miss a proc. Using this trinket turns Doom from a heavy hitting DoT to pure Imp Generation, we will not refresh Doom even if 'Affdots' says that it is a good idea to do so because of the value of wild imps.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2013-03-01 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Depravitty View Post
    Yea Zinnin make this happen and stop being lazy.
    Please do... I'm interested in trying out Demo come 5.2

The rotation is pretty much the same as OP right?

Quote Originally Posted by BossChef View Post
    Please do... I'm interested in trying out Demo come 5.2

The rotation is pretty much the same as OP right?
    As of right now yes, but things are going to change pretty significantly due to the way we will be using "Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen" Zinnin will explain it in better detail once he gets to revising his OP.

Really the only thing you would have to make sure is that Meta never has longer than a 4 second CD when you morph out of it, so you have time to switch back in case the trinket procs immediately afterwards. Nothing too complicated.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Really the only thing you would have to make sure is that Meta never has longer than a 4 second CD when you morph out of it, so you have time to switch back in case the trinket procs immediately afterwards. Nothing too complicated.
    Right, i wasn't saying it was complicated by any means just that it is pretty different than current, having to stay in meta for 7secs means when/if we do shadowflame weave we have to sit in meta as opposed to on live just going in and being able to drop right after the second stack lands. We also may not be using imp swarm anymore either. While the rotation is not just completely different than what we do now i feel like it changes the way we play enough to say its not the "same" as what we do on live.

Sorry,if i gave the impression that it was more complicated not at all what i meant. =)

I had a quick question regarding the new trinket list on the first post, particularly the trinkets from 5.1. Are these ratings subject to the demo changes on the PTR or are they considered accurate for live servers? I ask because I had previously been operating under the notion that the FRG was pretty much the best trinket for us to use until we got to Heroic LotC or Heroic EoT, but according to the list you have on the first post both the regular version of EoT and the Shockcharger Medallion are rated higher than the FRG. Did I misunderstand something you had said previously or has there been a change that I'm not aware of that's changed the value of these trinkets? Just to be clear, I'm already using a 2/2 upgraded Relic of Yulon in the other trinket slot. I'd just sim the trinkets myself to determine which is better but I'm skeptical about the accuracy of the current demo APL and don't quite have the know-how to edit it accordingly. Thanks in advance for any clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    I moved the trinkets around based on the fact that people will no longer have item upgrades available to them at all. 471 FRG is still a really solid trinket, however all of the 5.2 trinkets are far and beyond better then current options. Also normal EoT becomes a better option then 471 FRG at higher gear levels.

I am slowly going over all the information in the front post and updating it to 5.2 relevant information as 5.1 is coming to a close.

Has the proc rate of the trinket been buffed? When I tried it on the PTR about 5-6 days ago, the proc rate was god awful. Would we still use it anyways, is it that strong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Has the proc rate of the trinket been buffed? When I tried it on the PTR about 5-6 days ago, the proc rate was god awful. Would we still use it anyways, is it that strong?
    When a single proc can equal 6-7 crits, it is very strong and because we have such huge windows to refresh RNG doesn't hurt as much as you would first imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    The "terrible" proc rate is intended it is part of the ppm system the trinkets are completely random when they proc.

Deleted
    I agree with super full buffed 100% doom dmg being insane. If you somehow get the proc during DS then you can start jumping.

I'm surprised wushoolays is so low compared to the others, wouldnt that huge last int tick be extremely good aswell on a Doom? It might not be optimal together with unerring vision cus u dont wanna overwrite a 100% crit Doom anyway (unless the stars align, lol), but without it I can't see how it's worse than all the others, except maybe for the extreme amount of hit?
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2013-03-01 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the trinket update, I'm probably lazy now but would you mind linking them as you did with the 5.0 trinkets?

Again, thanks!

Deleted
    Not sure if it's relevant considering different haste proccs but I think there's an another interesting breakpoint where you get an extra imp when always using imp swarm together with DS. It is the passive when it's of CD that I am referring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thuras View Post
    Not sure if it's relevant considering different haste proccs but I think there's an another interesting breakpoint where you get an extra imp when always using imp swarm together with DS. It is the passive when it's of CD that I am referring to.
    Huh? How would that work then? Imp Swarm cooldown changes with Haste, and the Demo Dark Soul is a Mastery boost, so how would that change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by thuras View Post

I'm with Skarma here, your post has me scratching my head. The passive effect is there when the ability is on CD, but why would you glyph it if you're looking to use the passive with some sort of haste breakpoint? Or did you mean that there's a certain amount of haste you can attain to have Imp Swarm line up with DS every time?

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    From what I've run so far Mastery gains a huge edge on crit, and we might be gemming full mastery by the end of the tier.

Edit: I put a very preliminary trinket list on the front post. I edited the APL for the Lei Shen profiles to never drop out of meta until it is off cooldown to make sure you never miss a proc. Using this trinket turns Doom from a heavy hitting DoT to pure Imp Generation, we will not refresh Doom even if 'Affdots' says that it is a good idea to do so because of the value of wild imps.
    With 100% crit I don't think it will lose its status as "heavy hitting dot." Plus, I don't honestly think that affdots will ever claim it's a good idea to refresh it outside of Lei Shen. I mean, we'd have to have a LOT of procs up to beat 100% increased damage on it, and seeing as one of our procs in this case will be the one in question, that leaves fewer options. Furthermore, that's assuming that the ONLY proc we have up is Lei Shen when we initially cast it, which would be some horrid luck.

Oh, and what he meant by that other haste breakpoint is the point where Imp Swarms cooldown is reduced enough to give you a proc of the passive effect in between casting Imp Swarm with DS (ie when the CD is reduced by 24 seconds or more).
    Last edited by Xorn; 2013-03-01 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I'm with Skarma here, your post has me scratching my head. The passive effect is there when the ability is on CD, but why would you glyph it if you're looking to use the passive with some sort of haste breakpoint? Or did you mean that there's a certain amount of haste you can attain to have Imp Swarm line up with DS every time?
    Hmm, I think he might be trying to say that with a certain amount of haste, the wild imps active will grant an additional imp when cast. I think he mentioned using it with DS to signify he means the glyphed ability. I'm just guessing though.

Edit: Actually ignore me, I posted too late and someone clarified it, I'm 99% sure what I said is wrong.