Can someone link me the most recent simcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossChef View Post
    Can someone link me the most recent simcraft?
    Here you go:Simcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Oh, unless... crit imps. I can hardcode to add some dps to doom damage when crit is 100%. +10 or so percent?

Edit: Ignore that. I'll figure out how to better display that information.
    Anything like a C or an Asterisk would be ideal, but really, if we've put up a 100% crit Doom and didn't notice or forgot, we'd better be really hardcore focused on fight mechanics hehe. I'd put that on the "hard to forget" list and a low priority for updates, but yes, ideally it would show that it's currently auto-crit without adjusting the value... unless you want to dig into the value of Doom critting vs. not critting and write that into the addon's logic, but that sounds like a hot mess by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Anything like a C or an Asterisk would be ideal, but really, if we've put up a 100% crit Doom and didn't notice or forgot, we'd better be really hardcore focused on fight mechanics hehe. I'd put that on the "hard to forget" list and a low priority for updates, but yes, ideally it would show that it's currently auto-crit without adjusting the value... unless you want to dig into the value of Doom critting vs. not critting and write that into the addon's logic, but that sounds like a hot mess by comparison.
    Thats exactly what I did, added "c" next to number for 100% crit Doom. Beta should be ready tomorrow and release on patch day.

Zinnin, thanks for this guide. It's much appreciated.

However, could you update the OP with your opening sequence ? I thought I saw you post it somewhere but I looked through and didn't see it (apologies if I just somehow missed it).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hand of Gul'dan - Imp Swarm - Grimoire - Corruption - Hand of Gu'dan - Metamorphosis \ Dark Soul - Doom

I didn't put it on the front post because it assumes that you are using both Imp Swarm and GoServ which are not a given.

Ahh, gotcha.

Also -- thanks !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    and Boomkins can theoretically benefit indefinitely from a single proc.
    i think blizz were changing how the spriest/moonkin crit snapshots work so they can't get infinite use out of this proc.

I think it'd be hilarious if GoSac works out to be best dps when we're in t15h with that crit trinket and all the funtime imps. Perhaps on council type fights where imp numbers just get absurd.
    Really glad i've been using demonology for our heroic progression. Means i'm nicely prepared for being mainspec demo in 5.2, as opposed to our affli lock who doesn't like playing demo. He'll be happy affliction is still hanging pretty high though.

AffDots 1.21 beta, should display "c" next to 100% crit Doom number:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20387536

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    I think it'd be hilarious if GoSac works out to be best dps when we're in t15h with that crit trinket and all the funtime imps. Perhaps on council type fights where imp numbers just get absurd.
    Really glad i've been using demonology for our heroic progression. Means i'm nicely prepared for being mainspec demo in 5.2, as opposed to our affli lock who doesn't like playing demo. He'll be happy affliction is still hanging pretty high though.
    In my current sims so far GoSac isn't beating GoServ, however all 3 choices are close enough you aren't going to see much of a difference from personal tests. That said, GoSac is clearly not as good for AoE due to the value of felstorm.

Like I've said a few times over the last few weeks I see no reason for locks currently playing and enjoying Affliction to be switching to Demo. Balance between specs is close enough that people are going to get the most success out of playing specs they are good and and used to.

I have a question. If i cast doom as soon as i enter meta without one of my procs up and as soon as ive casted doom, that proc then comes up, so im now at 100% procs. Is it worth it to recast doom? I know generally we dont want to recast our dots until they are half over, but considering i have JUST cast doom with 90% buffs and now i have 100%, its confusing me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    I have a question. If i cast doom as soon as i enter meta without one of my procs up and as soon as ive casted doom, that proc then comes up, so im now at 100% procs. Is it worth it to recast doom? I know generally we dont want to recast our dots until they are half over, but considering i have JUST cast doom with 90% buffs and now i have 100%, its confusing me
    Depends on the procs that are missing \ gained. I recommend using the addon 'Affdots' to see. If Doom is only going to gain a few % more damage it isn't worth it, but sometimes it might be more then just a couple percent.

Hey I have a bunch of questions hopefully you have time to answer them all.

When applying doom to multiple targets how long do they have to live for it to be effective?

I'm still confused about what to do during Bloodlust before we can Soulfire away. If Bloodlust is used in the opener how does that change the opener if at all.

If Bloodlust is used after the opener but above 25% do we stay in caster form to build fury? If we have full fury do we use our MC procs in Meta to burn through it. Is it ever worth it to ToC during Bloodlust?

Assuming single target should we be buffing every shadowflame by going into meta? Do we then ToC 3-4 times to keep corruption up drop meta and cycle through until we can Hand of Guldan again?

When applying doom to multiple targets how long do they have to live for it to be effective?
    One tick
    I'm still confused about what to do during Bloodlust before we can Soulfire away. If Bloodlust is used in the opener how does that change the opener if at all.
    Opener doesn't change. You spam ToC until you run out of fury, drop into caster form use your MC procs to gain some fury back, and go back into meta for hopefully the rest of DS/BL.
    If Bloodlust is used after the opener but above 25% do we stay in caster form to build fury? If we have full fury do we use our MC procs in Meta to burn through it. Is it ever worth it to ToC during Bloodlust?
    You should already know when BL is coming and have some fury/Cd's saved up in anticipation for it. So the goal is definitely to not be in caster form for the majority of a BL. If its above 25% then you can ToC spam, unless you have a good amount of MC procs or an obnoxious amount of fury.
    Assuming single target should we be buffing every shadowflame by going into meta? Do we then ToC 3-4 times to keep corruption up drop meta and cycle through until we can Hand of Guldan again?
    Yes, you want to buff every shadowflame by going into meta, you do not however actually have to cast anything when you do this so if Corr is already at a high duration or it would lose strength if you ToC then you just go in and drop meta as soon as you see the 2nd Hog land. If corruption is in danger of falling off or something then yes you want to refresh it.

Obviously im not Zinnin but I hope I answered your questions.

Depravitty, ToC gets zero benefit from Haste other than refreshing Corruption.

@Sick, If you have the MC procs and the Fury, Soul Fire is worth using in Meta on live, and will be even better in 5.2. The key is to not starve yourself out of Fury and Mana and be forced to Life Tap during Bloodlust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    i think blizz were changing how the spriest/moonkin crit snapshots work so they can't get infinite use out of this proc.
    That is correct. Not sure if it has been changed yet. I will transfer my priest to the ptr today to check this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    That is correct. Not sure if it has been changed yet. I will transfer my priest to the ptr today to check this thing.

Priests yes, Boomkins they said they would leave alone unless it became a problem. I'll find the Blue Post if need be.

Edit: Found it.

Good question. We decided to dig into all of the dots and found they worked pretty inconsistently. (Consistency isn't always critical because it does lead to a certain amount of homogeneity, but too little consistency can just be confusing too.) We made a pass at all of the class dots and made them snapshot crit chance. This will have implications in any simulations out there.

However, this has some implications on the Unerring Vision of Lei Shen trinket. We’re tentatively fine with the idea of you seeing that proc go off, and reapplying DoTs which crit for their whole duration, in most cases. There’s a couple cases where those periodic crits cause other effects, which end up being very powerful. For example, a Balance Druid can now apply Moonfire and Sunfire, and pretty much chain instant Starsurges for 15 sec, many of which are extending that Moonfire and Sunfire, probably out to 20-25 sec. That’s extremely strong, but we’re going to try leaving it alone for now.

The one which is simply too strong to leave is for Shadow. For Shadow having Unerring Vision and the PvE set bonuses would mean that every SW:P tick guaranteed crits, so spawns a Shadowy Apparition, which has a 65% chance of extending SW:P and VT. And the VT ticks have a 10% chance of spawning a Shadowy Apparition as well. And both can trigger a mastery tick, both of which can also spawn another Shadowy Apparition. The net result is that the feedback loop is so strong that in attainable gear, it’s net positive, resulting in SW:P and VT lasting forever (or at least until you get very unlucky and get a long string of failed procs, which will probably take several minutes to happen).

Since 100% crit SW:P and VT that never need to be refreshed is a wee bit too strong, we’re building in a failsafe. We’re fine with you getting a normal SW:P/VT duration of all crits, but not forever. When Shadowy Apparition extends SW:P and VT, and that DoT has already lasted longer than its normal duration, it will recalculate its crit chance. The result should be that the trinket procs, you reapply SW:P/VT, and get 18/15 sec of crits, then they drop to your normal crit chance.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-03-02 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    Priests yes, Boomkins they said they would leave alone unless it became a problem. I'll find the Blue Post if need be.
    No need. So that leaves only affli, demo and balance as the only casters that can get sth out of this trinket? Not sure about boomkin part, i have absolutely no clue how they work and how much of a dps increase it would be to them.

Ps. Ok, read the blue. Got it now.
    Last edited by mmocab4042b3e7; 2013-03-02 at 08:21 AM.

Depravitty, ToC gets zero benefit from Haste other than refreshing Corruption.

@Sick, If you have the MC procs and the Fury, Soul Fire is worth using in Meta on live, and will be even better in 5.2. The key is to not starve yourself out of Fury and Mana and be forced to Life Tap during Bloodlust.
    Do this then =P

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Hand of Gul'dan - Imp Swarm - Grimoire - Corruption - Hand of Gu'dan - Metamorphosis \ Dark Soul - Doom

I didn't put it on the front post because it assumes that you are using both Imp Swarm and GoServ which are not a given.
    Worth noting for those of us who need to put up CotE that you can fit Imp Swarm, Grimoire, corruption and CotE between the 2 HoG's and still get your 2 stack, it's a bit tight but it works.

Any particular reason to use corruption after popping Imp Swarm and Grimoire instead of right after the first HoG?

And to reply about the trinket questions above. I assume it will still be pretty good for shadow, just not brokenly OP? Anyway it's looking strongest for boomkins atm tbh, as dot crits give them instant starsurges, and starsurge crits extend the duration of their dots. It will be a 100% dot crit and instant starsurge spam fest for them. Depends a bit on luck how many of those Starsurges will crit and how long they can maintain that cycle but it will be very strong for sure.