Is it ok to stack a specific stat? For example since all 3 stats are very equally good, Will i see significant dps increase if i stack, say ALLL mastery? Reforge, Crit/some haste into mastery?. to try to cap my mastery out as well as 80 int - 160 mastery gems? Is this a good idea?
    Last edited by xXxexpertxXx; 2013-03-09 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Not experiencing any issues with my demon leap. =/

Quick trinket question (god I hate these bloody trinkets, knowing which ones to get and not to get...)

I currently have:
    Relic of Yu'lon 2/2 484 item level
    Static-Caster's Medallion

Should I be aiming to replace one of them as soon as possible with Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault, or go for other items first? Also, which one of my trinkets should I replace?

Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere, I did check the front page but it never mentioned the static-caster one, so I don't really know the trinket-priority so to speak. =)
    No one who knows the answer to my question? =/

Likely replace Relic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what other items you'd replace (neck/bracer/ring) in terms of stats/ilevel so it's hard to say what you should be doing, but the Caster Medallion is pretty crappy. One saving grace is that it's on-use. Not knowing if you have other lower ilevel stuff to replace I'd say replace Caster Medallion with trinket, unless you can get better use out of the On-Use effect then you can at the semi-unreliability of the Relic.

P.S. the OP does mention the Static Caster, it's just the Alliance version called Shock-Charger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure what other items you'd replace (neck/bracer/ring) in terms of stats/ilevel so it's hard to say what you should be doing, but the Caster Medallion is pretty crappy. One saving grace is that it's on-use. Not knowing if you have other lower ilevel stuff to replace I'd say replace Caster Medallion with trinket, unless you can get better use out of the On-Use effect then you can at the semi-unreliability of the Relic.

P.S. the OP does mention the Static Caster, it's just the Alliance version called Shock-Charger
    Ok thanks for the info! =)

Sorry, forgot that it was the Horde version, thought they were named equally. ^^

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Lora/advanced

Guessing the rings and bracers aren't too terrible, so I should just go ahead and replace the caster's trinket? Hopefully I will get another good trinket in due time, it feels odd to keep a trinket that is inferior in terms of item level, but I understand that DPS wise it has a greater effect.

Thanks for the help.

would you guys say the shado-pan trinket is a decent upgrade to either a 2/2 H LotC or 2/2 relic? Or better spend my valor elsewhere?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akise/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Throw a shadow bolt instead of casting imps between hogs. Or use hog->corr,coe, goserv-> hog-> meta

On a different topic:
    My guild is currently strugling with horridon on 10man. I decided to stay demo for this fights, although with me being not as used to the spec as to affliction, i have couple of questions:
    1) would you recommend mannoroths fury over kjc for this fight? And does it work with carrion swarm? Especially the interrupt effect for gate2.
    2) does felguards stun or shadowfury work at all in this encounter? And if so then on witch adds would you recommend using those?
    1) I'd recomend MF over KJC. Demo has plenty mobility so i've never really seen the need to spec for KJC in the first place. Also yes, it does boost carrion swarm range (and with the boost to hog range too you should be sitting nice and high on fury)
    2) i'm not 100 sure sure. I think it does but my memory of the encounter is a bit blurry since my focus that night was more on the council (soooo much stuff everywhere!) :P

I'm in the same boat as Chaozu trinket-wise. I had enough valor for 2 upgrades elsewhere or the trinket. I had 502 neck, 476 ring and 496 bracers. I opted to replace ring/bracers because the on use is nice and I probably will love it even more once I can NOT use the 4 set. Yeah DPS increase and all, but dear lord it's annoying to have to live with an odd CD like 1 min 20 sec.

One thing I've noticed, particuarly with Locks with 500+ iLvL, is that they tend to not gem Int/Crit.

Mine has a iLvL of 497, so I guess it's better to gem Int/Crit until I get better gear pretty much?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mummer/simple

Don't quote me on this, but I think the reason for that Boss is to make gear more cross-spec viable. Mastery seems to be the go-to for that.

Is there a definitive demo opener? Haste trinket procs + Bloodlust doesnt really support spamming ToC in meta? Should I be using all this haste as the start to build up fury or should I jump right into meta and spam toc? ( I feel haste is wasted this way though ) .

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    I thought about stacking MC procs for DS, is this a good idea and would this be a dps increase? Especially with t15 2 set...?
    Anyone that would bother testing this with the 2 set? I wasn't lucky enough to get another piece to drop.
    I was thinking if u go into DS+Meta with 6+ MC stacks and high DF and do 2-3 ToCs, refresh Doom if necessary then use as many SFs as u can and end the DS burn with another 2-3 ToCs to keep Corruption to not fall off and at max duration with buffed dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Is there a definitive demo opener? Haste trinket procs + Bloodlust doesnt really support spamming ToC in meta? Should I be using all this haste as the start to build up fury or should I jump right into meta and spam toc? ( I feel haste is wasted this way though ) .
    I don't know if my opener is 'optimal' as such but I'm able to maintain ToC spam throughout and am usually about 220k burst in 495 gear. I'm going with:

prepot > precast Shadowbolt > Doomguard > corruption > HoG > Grimoire > Imp Swarm > HoG > Dark Soul > Meta > Doom > ToC spam >>>> at this point when I run out of Demonic energy I usually have at at the most 3 seconds left til HoG, so hopefully I have a couple of Soul Fires to cast, if not Shadowbolt > HoG > Meta > ToC

not sure about refreshing Doom before Dark Soul expires, feels like it's a good idea anyway.

I'm guessing with non-RPM trinkets that you will use dark soul at pull(since my childs play normal mode LoTC/Relic proc at start) and with the new RPM trinkets you'll save it for heavy procs; such as breath of the hydra to dump inside meta?
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-03-11 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing a large number of high end warlocks going for that 8097 haste breakpoint then stacking crit. Assuming we don't have to give up too much to get there is it worth going for? Seems weird to me for demo to move that far away from mastery.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    Seeing a large number of high end warlocks going for that 8097 haste breakpoint then stacking crit. Assuming we don't have to give up too much to get there is it worth going for? Seems weird to me for demo to move that far away from mastery.

Personally, I prefer 8097 Haste>Mastery>Crit. Simcraft undervalues Mastery due to a variety of bugs that (still) haven't been fixed, as well as an extremely poor APL. The APL is imperfect play, which favors Crit. Perfect play (Always double stacking your Shadowflame and having it land in Meta, always using Frag Belt in Meta and with DS every other cast, etc.) promotes the stacking of Mastery pretty heavily.

In his stream, Zinnin said something about 25% nerfs to doom and corruption. Its speculation because of the ghostcrawler tweet and nothing official right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    In his stream, Zinnin said something about 25% nerfs to doom and corruption. Its speculation because of the ghostcrawler tweet and nothing official right?
    I was told by someone who would know ahead of time what is going on, but there hasn't been any official word yet.

However they have been doing hotfixes without posting exactly what they've done. For example the PPM trinkets have been normalized to some degree and we still haven't been told how they are working now.

Ok,so lets wait and see. A nerf this big would be more than ridicoulus though.

The lei shen trinket, the higher the ilvl, the higher is the procc multiplier, that means thunderforged heroic will procc more often than 502 oder 522? Or did i missunderstand the word multiplier?

Personally, I'm doubting a nerf that large. 5% might make sense if we were out performing every class on raid bots for every fight, but we're simply not.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/dps/

Currently (As I'm making this post), we have 1 ranking in the top 10 out of all 12 bosses. Affliction has 22, and Destro has 4. Affliction is out performing Demonology on 9/12 encounters according to Raid Bots, and Shadow and Boomkin are out performing us on several fights as well. If a 25% nerf to both DoTs does happen, I'll be extremely shocked if other Multi DoT specs don't see nerfs as well.