Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    In my experience on Ji-Kun as Destro GoSup, the pet would spawn on the platforms with me, causing it to lose uptime but it got me better results than GoSac due to how much it's been nerfed. For Demo, my gut says you might want to try GoServ to just get some more burst out if you're behind on a platform. By full time nest duty, you mean no uptime on boss at all, right?
    Yea I'm in the main group which means I'm on every single nest (no clue if this is correct but that's how we did our first few pulls since I have the strongest AE with the ele shaman), I guess I'll stick with Service and might give AV a try but I imagine with my limited time on the boss that KJC might be better if I have to move around to kill juveniles at all in the air or if I come on the platform during down draft. Thanks for the reponses guys.

thank you for this guide! very useful!

I think I read on the EJ site that Mastery is now preferred over Haste due to the patch.
    I've reforged a lot of Mastery into Haste so now I'am wondering should I put it back?
    Can anyone confirm this from a dps perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    I think I read on the EJ site that Mastery is now preferred over Haste due to the patch.
    I've reforged a lot of Mastery into Haste so now I'am wondering should I put it back?
    Can anyone confirm this from a dps perspective?
    I've tried gemming reckless and going for 8097 for a fight after patch and just felt like I did slightly more going all mastery so I recommend trying it.

I've been around the 4717 Haste cap mainly, ilevel 484, but thats through reforging mainly.
    Most of my Mastery is through gear base stats with a conscious effort into bringing my Haste up through reforging/gems and trinkets.
    I read in the OP dont try and go purposely for a Haste break point so I'am guessing if you have it through gear great but dont make it something to aim for?
    I'am not sure how a lack of haste will effect my Imp Swarm cooldown, I have all my trinkets/potion/Dark Soul all macro'd into them for a huge dps burst.
    I'll revert the reforged Haste back to Mastery and see how it goes.
    Is there a Mastery cap or target number?
    Last edited by Judas; 2013-03-17 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    I've been around the 4717 Haste cap mainly, ilevel 484, but thats through reforging mainly.
    The 4717 cap is mostly worthless for Demonology, as detailed in the first post of this thread. You should drop to 3036, and go Crit=Mastery>Haste until you get the Lei Shen trinket. At that point, you should go Haste>Mastery>Crit.

Generally you do not need to hit a corruption point because you refresh via ToC. Also, you should not be gearing for a haste break-point if haste is valued less the other stats unless being near that point is actually increasing the value of haste over the other stats. For the most part I have found that going for a specific haste break-point as demo has never really been worth it.

Guys i was wondering, how is the single target dps potential of demo in this patch ?? with 490 item level gear ?

Smile That would be Great.

Can anyone give me a chart of what the Haste Breakpoints are for double cast dooms with pandemic and everlasting affliction and a comparison of what that would be single cast.

Quote Originally Posted by kidace View Post
    Guys i was wondering, how is the single target dps potential of demo in this patch ?? with 490 item level gear ?
    It could be better, personally I'm behind our enhancement shaman on single target but cleave/aoe I'm always top, it's good enough to main spec but it's a hard spec to play and if you'd rather do the same dps but not have to try as hard, I'd recommend another spec. It's just fun for me I suppose.

anyone recommend the everlasting affliction glyph for council?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    anyone recommend the everlasting affliction glyph for council?
    It sims out to be about a 3-4k dps increase in my gear on 4 targets, which considering it makes it easier to keep DoTs up that is kind of a decent increase.

Deleted
    That being with the Lei Shen trinket I assume?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    That being with the Lei Shen trinket I assume?
    Yes, I would imagine that it is a DPS loss without the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    It sims out to be about a 3-4k dps increase in my gear on 4 targets, which considering it makes it easier to keep DoTs up that is kind of a decent increase.
    Still the 4sec window isnt enough to put Doom on all of them and if it doesnt proc at start like it never does(for me atlest) one gets awfull damage from the glyph

10+ Year Old Account
    for Supremacy is it 2x Felguard by default or is there a benefit outside of utility from summoning other pets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Still the 4sec window isnt enough to put Doom on all of them and if it doesnt proc at start like it never does(for me atlest) one gets awfull damage from the glyph
    4s is long enough to get 3 pretty reliably which is a huge amount of free imps. Also I don't know if you just haven't used the trinket since the hotfix went in, but as long as you've had a few minutes in between pulls it procs on pull nearly ever pull.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    4s is long enough to get 3 pretty reliably which is a huge amount of free imps. Also I don't know if you just haven't used the trinket since the hotfix went in, but as long as you've had a few minutes in between pulls it procs on pull nearly ever pull.
    I had a couple of tries and still didnt proced at start sometimes 20sec into the fight got frustrated and went back to the haste one so I could get another thick of doom.

I will try it again next reset

Missing my Wrathguard already, back to 2min DS and Felguard since they line perfectly, they should give sup some love
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-03-19 at 09:35 PM.

It is interesting, most of the locks playing demo in the top world guilds atm are using mastery>int, I ran a few through SimC and int still comes out ontop. I suppose they may have been playing aff and swapped specs...

Same seems to be for destro, most are running full "aff" gemming.

Am I missing something here because it looks like a few k dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dem View Post
    It is interesting, most of the locks playing demo in the top world guilds atm are using mastery>int, I ran a few through SimC and int still comes out ontop. I suppose they may have been playing aff and swapped specs...

Same seems to be for destro, most are running full "aff" gemming.

Am I missing something here because it looks like a few k dps loss.
    They are just gemmed for affliction, i.e http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...razsa/advanced
    There's a dps loss single target wise but AoE won't take "that" much of a hit, I'm sure they are just min-maxing for certain fights is all. I think the majority of demo locks are going for the 8097 breakpoint, after you can reach it with no need to gem/enchant haste then you switch back to mastery.

Gemming full mastery out sims int gems at higher gear levels that is why shina is gemming that way, not just for affliction. You should sim your char pretty often once you start getting more gear from ToT to see when mastery/crit begin to out weigh int.