Quote Originally Posted by Ahalek View Post
    IAnd is GoSac only good/okay with the Lei Shen trinket? Annnnd is Glyph of Everlasting Afflication ever good in any scenario?
    I would like to know this too. I remember seeing awhile back someone doing sims on using it with UVLS, but that was back before the trinket got a proc buff. Just wondering now if it's even worth it now that it almost always proc's on average every 2 min or less.

Quote Originally Posted by ComaCanadian View Post
    I would like to know this too. I remember seeing awhile back someone doing sims on using it with UVLS, but that was back before the trinket got a proc buff. Just wondering now if it's even worth it now that it almost always proc's on average every 2 min or less.
    I'm only really demo for 1 fight, and that's council, but for it I use Everlasting Affliction + Leishens. I still hold the #1 dps spot on WoL so I'm pretty sure it's worth it there.

As for fights where you might not get the full benefit of the increased duration between procs, it's probably not worth it.

Deleted
    Hey Teye, I noticed on your (awesome) video where you soloed much of the eggs and nests on Ji'kun that you are pretty darn good and so I checked your armory and saw that you reforge and gem into 500,000 haste.

What's up with that? Is that for your felguards attack speed, wild imps to shoot faster and maybe the 8196-something Doom breakpoint or just because you like it?
    Cause Touch of Chaos does not benefit from Haste, no?

Oh and also, cool Demonic Leaps you're doing, I need to learn to use that skill better than only using it to jump of Lumber Mill in AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    Hey Teye, I noticed on your (awesome) video where you soloed much of the eggs and nests on Ji'kun that you are pretty darn good and so I checked your armory and saw that you reforge and gem into 500,000 haste.

What's up with that? Is that for your felguards attack speed, wild imps to shoot faster and maybe the 8196-something Doom breakpoint or just because you like it?
    Cause Touch of Chaos does not benefit from Haste, no?

Oh and also, cool Demonic Leaps you're doing, I need to learn to use that skill better than only using it to jump of Lumber Mill in AB.

Demonology's haste breakpoint is 8097. I'm at 8103 currently; 6 over cap.

Demon Leap is by far my favorite thing about Demonology. Its Heroic Leap without the targeting issues and Goblin Boost without the 2 minute CD. I love it.

As far as Ji-kun goes, its my favorite fight of the instance by far. I have a lot of fun with it every week.

whats 8097 for?

Shadowflame:

Corruption:

Doom:

btw any advice for horridon hc progressing regarding crit/haste/mastery heavy build? and is GoSac any good for this fight? which spells are affected by GoSac? last few ids i tested crit heavy and haste heavy but tbh not much of a difference...is mastery as demo still underrated?

if possible not just thats better, but rather why it's better so i can adjust it for other fights myself
    Last edited by Xenchi; 2013-04-07 at 03:02 PM.

8097 combines the 8064 for shadowflame and 1 extra doom under hero/lust, since its so close to 8064, 8097 its worth to get.

if you use lei shen's, do you use sacrifice or supremacy? Also, what would be a good second choice for a trinket? I have a 2/2 H LoTC and shado pan trinket, and LFR cha ye's. To reach the 8097 haste cap I need to use the LotC.

Deleted

dururururururmu 10 hc demo aoe

Hey there.
    My guilds been progressing on Hc for a couple days and I have a couple questions regarding demo aoe on ice walls. My rot on them goes as follows:
    -hog;
    -felstorm
    -hog
    -cds (if avaible,usually for ice walls before light beams phase)
    -meta
    -immo aura
    -carrio swarm
    -void ray

My question is, is this accurate? I have an ele shaman in the party so they die somewhat quickly to tab apply corr on all of them, but maybe Im wrong.

How do you aoe those walls? And is it worth being demo over destro?

Ill link my armory and logs in a bit, thanks in advance

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...one/?enc=wipes

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Togart/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc2db119fb9c; 2013-04-08 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    you should switch in meta before your 2nd HoD lands to buff it with meta+cooldowns. i don't know if carrion swarm is viable for AoE, void ray spam should be better if you manage to hit at least 2 walls with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merged your post to the sticky: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide
    I suggest taking a look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Ympetn View Post
    you should switch in meta before your 2nd HoD lands to buff it with meta+cooldowns. i don't know if carrion swarm is viable for AoE, void ray spam should be better if you manage to hit at least 2 walls with it.
    Carrion Swarm with MF should hit almost every part of the ice wall apart from the furthest ones. Wether MF is viable for that encounter is a different story though.

As mentioned like 2 pages ago, Carrion Swarm is absolutely a dps increase on AoE even if it will hit the exact same number of targets as Void Ray. Its even a dps increase for single target, albeit extremely small. Use it.

Carrion swarm / void ray is a dps increase over using harvest life in meta?

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm only really demo for 1 fight, and that's council, but for it I use Everlasting Affliction + Leishens. I still hold the #1 dps spot on WoL so I'm pretty sure it's worth it there.

As for fights where you might not get the full benefit of the increased duration between procs, it's probably not worth it.
    Did you get that #1 spot before the 25% nerf to corruption and doom? Might explain why nobody has beaten it, even with more gear
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post

Did you get that #1 spot before the 25% nerf to corruption and doom? Might explain why nobody has beaten it, even with more gear
    the nerf to corruption/doom was tuesday of heroic week 1, so no.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Nope. Everlasting Affliction + Lei-shen = WIN.

Deleted
    Hi there fellow Demo warlocks. I have a bit of a conundrum.. Currently I am using 2/2 HC LotC and Normal Breath of the hydra. Now if I replace those two with the Dark animus and Lei shen trinket (those seem to be the BiS) I wont be able to reach the 8097 haste point without sacrificing 2-3k mastery. So my question is, is it worth replacing both trinkets and sacrificing that mastery or should I replace my 2/2 LotC with Lei shen trinket and only lose about 1k mastery by getting back to the 8097 breakpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Neothos View Post
    Hi there fellow Demo warlocks. I have a bit of a conundrum.. Currently I am using 2/2 HC LotC and Normal Breath of the hydra. Now if I replace those two with the Dark animus and Lei shen trinket (those seem to be the BiS) I wont be able to reach the 8097 haste point without sacrificing 2-3k mastery. So my question is, is it worth replacing both trinkets and sacrificing that mastery or should I replace my 2/2 LotC with Lei shen trinket and only lose about 1k mastery by getting back to the 8097 breakpoint?

Use the Breath of the Hydra with Unerring.

Can anyone answer if Harvest life is not to be used in AoE while in Meta? I havnt really played demo since start of MoP but I remember it being optimal to use Immo Aura + Harvest life for aoe, which made harvest life a mandatory talent. Is this no longer the case? is it now better to spam void ray?
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Torgarth View Post
    Hey there.
    My guilds been progressing on Hc for a couple days and I have a couple questions regarding demo aoe on ice walls. My rot on them goes as follows:
    -hog;
    -felstorm
    -hog
    -cds (if avaible,usually for ice walls before light beams phase)
    -meta
    -immo aura
    -carrio swarm
    -void ray

My question is, is this accurate? I have an ele shaman in the party so they die somewhat quickly to tab apply corr on all of them, but maybe Im wrong.

How do you aoe those walls? And is it worth being demo over destro?

Ill link my armory and logs in a bit, thanks in advance

www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b1s4y7hc48rod9ri/sum/damageDone/?enc=wipes

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Togart/advanced
    Demo is better than destro there as long as the walls go down fairly quickly. Remember to grimserv in between your two HoGs and Save dark soul for the walls. I actually used harvest life for progress instead of void ray since it should hit a lot more targets and you can continue to aoe after the maze starts to form. Void ray is too position dependant.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:34 PM ----------

Can anyone answer if Harvest life is not to be used in AoE while in Meta? I havnt really played demo since start of MoP but I remember it being optimal to use Immo Aura + Harvest life for aoe, which made harvest life a mandatory talent. Is this no longer the case? is it now better to spam void ray?
    Void ray was always better than harvest life. It was believed that harvest life was better than hellfire outside of meta due to fury generation, but this was just a tooltip error (i think) so was never actually better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Follow the OP suggestions for AoE rotation. Harvest Life hasn't been mandatory for ages. It has the same fury generation as Hellfire, so in any situation where stuff doesn't live long enough for a full rotation AND you somehow lack the Fury to us a simple Immo aura (which is most likely a player error when you know you have stuff to AoE soon), you can just as easy use Hellfire instead of HL.