Page 50 of 150 FirstFirst ...
40
48
49
50
51
52
60
100
... LastLast
  1. #981
    Quick question, I just got LFR UVLS, I currently have 522 shadopan trinket and 522 wush, I am not sure which one to swap for UVLS for demo, currently destro offspec, so swapping it for shadopan will save me headache of reforging (for all the hit wush has). But then again wush proc is pretty strong might conflict with uvls or something?

    Anyways any advice would be great. Thanks

  2. #982
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Quick question, I just got LFR UVLS, I currently have 522 shadopan trinket and 522 wush, I am not sure which one to swap for UVLS for demo, currently destro offspec, so swapping it for shadopan will save me headache of reforging (for all the hit wush has). But then again wush proc is pretty strong might conflict with uvls or something?

    Anyways any advice would be great. Thanks
    Shado-pan + UVLS is your best bet. When you go Destro, use the 522 trinkets; to my knowledge LFR UVLS isn't going to be better than either of them. Worth asking in the Destro thread to be sure though.

  3. #983
    Ya uvls is pretty bad for destro, im mainly concerned about the fact when im destro ill be using 800 hit rating on trinket almost from wush, and when im demo ill be either missing 800 hit, or having to reforge between fights :S

  4. #984
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Ya uvls is pretty bad for destro, im mainly concerned about the fact when im destro ill be using 800 hit rating on trinket almost from wush, and when im demo ill be either missing 800 hit, or having to reforge between fights :S
    If someone in your raid has the Reforge mount, that makes things very easy. That or drop a stone, send yourself a summon, hearth, hit one button on reforge-lite and take your summon back. Takes like 2 minutes, tops, and can be done during trash if your raid leader isn't a tool.

  5. #985
    I really want to drop afflic as my offspec, but isn't demo really lacking at T15N gear levels? At what point would I see demo being a gain over afflic and destro? T15 2 set? 4 set? meta gem? UVLS?

  6. #986
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I really want to drop afflic as my offspec, but isn't demo really lacking at T15N gear levels? At what point would I see demo being a gain over afflic and destro? T15 2 set? 4 set? meta gem? UVLS?
    First and foremost, if you don't main spec demonology...it's going to take a little bit of playing until you can actually out dps your main spec, but demonology is proven to be competitive even without UVLS but starts to really shine when it's parred with it. If you ever plan to switch to demonology, I suggest mastering it now; rather then later. The gains start with the 2pc bonus over affliction but affliction catches up as you get gear and no UVLS.

  7. #987
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    First and foremost, if you don't main spec demonology...it's going to take a little bit of playing until you can actually out dps your main spec, but demonology is proven to be competitive even without UVLS but starts to really shine when it's parred with it. If you ever plan to switch to demonology, I suggest mastering it now; rather then later. The gains start with the 2pc bonus over affliction but affliction catches up as you get gear and no UVLS.
    I mained demo for about a month up until the doom/corruption nerf, so I know how to... I could still use work on my fury spending, but I consider myself competent.

  8. #988
    High Overlord Strifus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    197
    Is there a demonology bis list anywhere?

  9. #989
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    455
    Simcraft shows a margin difference between Supremacy and Service.
    IRL, what's better for heroics? Hard to choose between stable damage and 2 min burst.

  10. #990
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Simcraft shows a margin difference between Supremacy and Service.
    IRL, what's better for heroics? Hard to choose between stable damage and 2 min burst.
    On any encounter where your pet is going to stop attacking for any length of time, Service will be better. Similarly if there are any burn phases or short term vulnerabilities.

  11. #991
    Okay two questions;

    1) Are there any Addons I should use to let me know when my +int procs go off so I can switch to meta form? I'm trying to watch the fight and where to step and when I am getting all kinds of buffs popping up in 25 man groups it makes it a little hard to tell if I got the 1 or 2 int buffs that I am looking for.

    2) I have 522 Valor pants and I just got the 502 Lei Shen pants, the Lei Shen pants have 3 red gem slots in it and +180 int bonus for slot bonus, are the 502 Lei Shen pants better than the 522 valor pants or should I stick with the higher ilevel?

  12. #992
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Okay two questions;

    1) Are there any Addons I should use to let me know when my +int procs go off so I can switch to meta form? I'm trying to watch the fight and where to step and when I am getting all kinds of buffs popping up in 25 man groups it makes it a little hard to tell if I got the 1 or 2 int buffs that I am looking for.

    2) I have 522 Valor pants and I just got the 502 Lei Shen pants, the Lei Shen pants have 3 red gem slots in it and +180 int bonus for slot bonus, are the 502 Lei Shen pants better than the 522 valor pants or should I stick with the higher ilevel?
    1) affdots will help. Also, I use needtoknow to track trinket/weapon/DS/etc procs because its very easy to set up.
    2) Simcraft it is going to be the official answer but most likely the 522 valor pants should be better.

  13. #993
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    2) I have 522 Valor pants and I just got the 502 Lei Shen pants, the Lei Shen pants have 3 red gem slots in it and +180 int bonus for slot bonus, are the 502 Lei Shen pants better than the 522 valor pants or should I stick with the higher ilevel?
    the 522 legs should give you around 800 dps more if 1 secondary stat = 2 dps.

    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...68.76668.76668

  14. #994
    This seems like to most logical place for me to post this, since this is the thread I'm most active in. I just started a new job, so its fairly likely that I won't be posting nearly as often as I have been in the past few weeks, including all the PMs I've been answering with questions about Demonology. I'll try to log on when I have days off to answer PMs, but for the most part I won't be actively answering questions here because I may fall out of the loop.

  15. #995
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    455
    Question about Wild Imps: They benefit dynamically from your stats like Doomguard or do static damage?

  16. #996
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question about Wild Imps: They benefit dynamically from your stats like Doomguard or do static damage?
    Rule of thumb is that Guardians are dynamic.

  17. #997
    Unable to use SimCraft atm, so will ask here -

    I have 528 (thunderforged) UVLS. Which trinket would be best paired with it, out of 522 Cha-Ye and 522 Shado-Pan Assault trinket? My char is at 525 ilvl, with 8097 haste cap reached and ~9.4k mastery (no legendary meta though).

  18. #998
    Moderator Alarinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    DefiasBrotherhood-EU, Norway
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    Unable to use SimCraft atm, so will ask here -

    I have 528 (thunderforged) UVLS. Which trinket would be best paired with it, out of 522 Cha-Ye and 522 Shado-Pan Assault trinket? My char is at 525 ilvl, with 8097 haste cap reached and ~9.4k mastery (no legendary meta though).
    The BiS list suggests Cha-Ye's, but it also uses an ungodly amount of haste paired with Herbalism. I'm not really sure how that affects the RPPM and in that regard, the trinket. I would think though, that that trinket shines in that amount of haste, but until then might not let you have the same buff uptime as the BiS profile has - the Shado-Pan trinket is more consistent in that regard, and doesn't depend on you having any amount of haste to give you the main benefit: the Imp Swarm cd reduction.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Warlock & Priest moderator
    <Amused to Death> - West #123, EU #90

  19. #999
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    The BiS list suggests Cha-Ye's, but it also uses an ungodly amount of haste paired with Herbalism. I'm not really sure how that affects the RPPM and in that regard, the trinket. I would think though, that that trinket shines in that amount of haste, but until then might not let you have the same buff uptime as the BiS profile has - the Shado-Pan trinket is more consistent in that regard, and doesn't depend on you having any amount of haste to give you the main benefit: the Imp Swarm cd reduction.
    Cha-Ye's scales with your crit not your haste as most other trinkets. The only thing that will be different compared to the BiS list is the bit of extra crit the gear gives you, which shouldn't be huge. Both are good trinket but I suggest going with the Cha-Ye's anyway because of the huge int proc even though UVLS devalues the flat crit you get. Shado-pan trinket is not great outside of the extra haste RPPM increase the proc gives for your legendary gem and UVLS and for lower Imp Swarm CD if you manage to time them together.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2013-05-06 at 12:41 PM.

  20. #1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Cha-Ye's scales with your crit not your haste as most other trinkets.
    False. It scales with both.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •